LIVE at 9.30pm

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: LIVE at 9.30pm

Post by Newmarket »

bigfacemike wrote:Also... I hear Allerdyce is free at the moment. He's never been relegated you know ;)
From the Premier League :lol: ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

I thought there was something spectral about you.Red...put it down to the long coach journeys.

But glad you are returning to life.

But to discuss..

I suggest that the problem is Slaven continues to insist on his players being " total" footballers.Examples being

Allowing Noble and Kayoute too much freedom (redressed slightly on Sunday when Noble was played deeper)

Preferring Antonio to a very good full back in Tomkins.

Not giving Obiang a run presumably because he is limited in his attacking.

None of the midfielders are all rounders except the Captain. None this season have had a clue about tracking back at any kind of pace

Antonio and Payet are not the surprise packages they were last year...their strengths are known and being countered. Sure Michael has got goals but few penetrative runs from him.

I think Bilic has failed us somewhat this season

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

bigfacemike wrote:Also... I hear Allerdyce is free at the moment. He's never been relegated you know ;)
100% win record with England you know and if you combine the two...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

redhammer wrote:Discussing what is going on at our club, Not even decided on all the topics, so feel free to suggest any. Problem is trying to select only some so it does not last 5 hours!!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You lie :)
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I think we have too many foreigners and not enough English born to help us create the spirit.

bigfacemike

Post by bigfacemike »

Nice live stream guys, well done Tom & Geo. If only the team showed as much passion!

Longshanks

Post by Longshanks »

What I would like to know is why Antonio does not take them bullet like long throw-ins anymore ? ( remember them, BooM !!! ) that IMHO is the problem......simple !
I can’t stand Thrush. Fact.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Good show lads.
Not short of passion. Tom almost sounding like Barry Gibb at certain points ;)

Tom's points about Thomas Cook really stuck with me.
I took some photos around where Woo, myself and Woo's mate sit and there are swathes of empty seats that always seem to be empty.
Who owns these seats? They are generally all together too which suggest they were group-purchased.
Feeling tempted to write to the club and ask for an explanation.

So many valid points raised that I don't know if the show was therapeutic or mental torture tbh !!!
It almost feels as though we've all been transported into a parallel universe where everything that was good last season is a polar opposite this season.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

pingpong91

Re: Re : LIVE at 9.30pm

Post by pingpong91 »

mikeyh81 wrote:Do think that after the amazing season we had last season that the club as a whole and fans actually think that we are better and bigger club than we actually are ? with the move to the new stadium and trying to bring in big players have we tried to run before we can walk? .Should we have with same squad as last season for this season and then build on that for next season?
I don't think proper fans every thought we were better than what we were. If you asked a true fan they should/would of said we over achieved last season (a lovely surprise) and was always going to find it difficult as we would be judged based on last season.

it's other fans that started to rate us and are now saying we thought we were a big club. I haven't heard one westham fan say EVER that we are a "Big Club" - what as fans we would of said is "we are building and striving towards the next level" (maybe in a bit more of an east end voice)
Fortunes always hiding

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Newmarket wrote:What /who ARE the alleged cliques ?
Should Carroll & Randolph be out on the piss ?
Kids at training ?
Why does Gonzo get his knob out on the tube ?

:i am easily amused:
I think the whole team should be out on the piss!! George Best played great Footy when he turned up for the game half pissed. Maybe thats the answer right now!! On 2nd thoughts scrap that idea i just had a vision of Noble running into Kouyate and knocking them selves out.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!