The next level

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: The next level

Post by Gonzo »

IrishIron wrote: we only have 3-4 players who are actually good enough to be in the starting 11 of a top 6 side..

And there it is . . .. . . . I'm guessing you mean Reid, Antonio, Lanzini & Obiang?

How bad does it seem today considering the injuries? :(

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Also can any manager take us to the next level? our record signing is 21 million, our defense is poor. Midfield is lacking a leader and we are short stacked up top and the last 2 singings have a combined age of 63 LOL
Maybe just give Bilic a long term contract , at least its un-predictable, fun and intense :)
Get Mancini in!! we still can't get in the top 6 and grind out 1 -0 wins at home and draws away. what would you prefer?
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

SoggyOggy

Post by SoggyOggy »

Clayton wrote:
SoggyOggy wrote: There are 2 reasons why I don't think Bilic can take us to the next level. 1) His stubbornness with his tactics 2) The fact that every signing which we have identified as a player he wanted has been shite. He couldn't spot talent if Messi stood in front of him.

Would agree with all you have said , but and a big but maybe wishful thinking , Slav is trying to prove to the owners that this is the quality of player you get for what you are willing to spend your cash on , or get on loan , And that they will have to cough up more cash to get in better players to improve the 1st team.
Maybe playing Antonio,Nordtveit and Kouayte at RB was to show that he needed another RB who they were not willing to cough up for.
I would be very upset if that was the case. That would mean he was in effect throwing games just to prove a point because the majority of goals conceded this year have been a direct result of our RB situation.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

SoggyOggy wrote:
Clayton wrote:

Would agree with all you have said , but and a big but maybe wishful thinking , Slav is trying to prove to the owners that this is the quality of player you get for what you are willing to spend your cash on , or get on loan , And that they will have to cough up more cash to get in better players to improve the 1st team.
Maybe playing Antonio,Nordtveit and Kouayte at RB was to show that he needed another RB who they were not willing to cough up for.
I would be very upset if that was the case. That would mean he was in effect throwing games just to prove a point because the majority of goals conceded this year have been a direct result of our RB situation.
Totally agree and any manager with an ounce of pride wouldn't stoop so low. If he don't like what he has and they wont improve he has the option to speak out by walking at the end of the season.

Besides I believe the defensive problems were initially initiated by him. When he decided it was actually time to rectify it it was too late.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote:
SoggyOggy wrote: I would be very upset if that was the case. That would mean he was in effect throwing games just to prove a point because the majority of goals conceded this year have been a direct result of our RB situation.
Totally agree and any manager with an ounce of pride wouldn't stoop so low. If he don't like what he has and they wont improve he has the option to speak out by walking at the end of the season.

Besides I believe the defensive problems were initially initiated by him. When he decided it was actually time to rectify it it was too late.
It was my understanding that the board WERE willing to get Bilic a right back but got told that he could cope/manage with the tools he had .
Don't quote me on that but I think that came from either ex-employee or one of the KIMB itk's ....
Bring back Jonathon !

grandad

Post by grandad »

IronsForever wrote:The huge majority of fans like Bilic , including myself but can he take us to the next level even if the Twins gave him 80 million to spend next year?
He has gambled defensively all season and what he did yesterday when Reid got injured was not only diabolical, i can't see any decent manager doing that. He put Kouyate in Defense ,which for me was Ok because at 2-0 down Kouyate was the only option to cope with the speed of vardy and the Chinese lad, but after taking a huge figure out of midfield i am expecting Fernandes to come in and free up lanzini but he puts on Snod and isolates him on the right wing after playing left wing last week against west brom. He never looked happy there from the 1st min he came on.That meant that Lanzini now has to help Obiang but Lanzini isn't a DM and that put huge pressure on Obby resulting in that injury.
So it seems as if Bilic is the guy who drives a 15 year old fiesta which always gives him problems but refuses to get rid of it and get a better one because he does things his way even if its not right !!!
Hate to say it but when you make a decision like i just mentioned it makes you wonder if he really knows what he is doing?
Now here is the examination .... Fernandes looked one of our best players in there when he came on, he looked lively and wanting to create things, same as the left back Arthur... Has Bilic got the balls to drop Cress and keep Arthur in there and also keep Fernandes in , in the next game??? If he doesn't start with these 2 then these players will think , " fuck whats the point, i am playing better than the players around me in this position yet the manager won't start me because he has his fav's " If i was one of them players i would want to leave!!!!

Nail on head Sir
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

It was my understanding that the board WERE willing to get Bilic a right back but got told that he could cope/manage with the tools he had .
Don't quote me on that but I think that came from either ex-employee or one of the KIMB itk's ....

Yes that's exactly what I heard but can't remember from where. Prob the same source, but for some reason a quote from Henry is stuck in my head.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Of course all the blame for the shit transfers are going to be placed at the feet of Bilic, because our manager keeps his lips shut and publicly backs his players

While our owner uses his contacts and his sons contacts to pass the buck on to Slav, comes out and critiques the team and manager.

For sure Slav isn't blameless, but I didn't hear anyone suggest snodgrass and Fonte was Bilic signings until the last week or two when eyebrows have been raised. In fact I recall DS on deadline day saying how they want premier league players

But now, it appears it was all Slav. Difference? One has class and the other wants the pass the buck when his real life football manager doesn't have a save, quit and restart option.

I keep hearing people say 'Slav said he was happy with Calleri and fletcher'

Of fucking course he said that, what do you want him to say? 'Fletcher is unproven and Calleri is usually pretty shit but they didn't sign me a striker, I got offered hogan and use 10m of my summer budget or fuck all so decided to keep the 10m until summer'. No, Slav publicly backed his players like any decent manager would do.

As I said, Slav isn't blameless but it's not all down to him. I still think the worst think about the Zaza deal was the actual deal, not the player, that wasn't Slav. Also emineke Slav signed as someone willing to play 4th choice striker (behind Sakho, Carroll and Valencia) while jelavic was 5th (also behind Zarate) we don't even have a 4th striker right now. for me they were both good signings for what they were. And Tore? You can't judge any player after a handful of games IMO. Has it turned out shit? Course it has, would he had been shit all season if he remained fit? Dunno, but I was more excited at Töre than snodgrass.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

IronsForever wrote:Also can any manager take us to the next level? our record signing is 21 million, our defense is poor. Midfield is lacking a leader and we are short stacked up top and the last 2 singings have a combined age of 63 i am genuinely amused
Maybe just give Bilic a long term contract , at least its un-predictable, fun and intense :)
Get Mancini in!! we still can't get in the top 6 and grind out 1 -0 wins at home and draws away. what would you prefer?
I'll argue that it's just as likely we have another season like last season with Bilic as it is getting a top 6 with Mankini. At least with Bilic it's already happened.
Do you seriously think, looking at the top 6 clubs currently that we have a squad to challenge that group? And do you think that Mankini alone would be able to bridge that gap?
All of this is a moot point anyway because the bloke just won't touch SuGo with a barge pole unless they'd "already" spent big. Promises of grandeur won't wash with Mankini. Especially from those with such 'previous'.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

redhammer wrote:Of course all the blame for the shit transfers are going to be placed at the feet of Bilic, because our manager keeps his lips shut and publicly backs his players

While our owner uses his contacts and his sons contacts to pass the buck on to Slav, comes out and critiques the team and manager.

For sure Slav isn't blameless, but I didn't hear anyone suggest snodgrass and Fonte was Bilic signings until the last week or two when eyebrows have been raised. In fact I recall DS on deadline day saying how they want premier league players

But now, it appears it was all Slav. Difference? One has class and the other wants the pass the buck when his real life football manager doesn't have a save, quit and restart option.

I keep hearing people say 'Slav said he was happy with Calleri and fletcher'

Of fucking course he said that, what do you want him to say? 'Fletcher is unproven and Calleri is usually pretty shit but they didn't sign me a striker, I got offered hogan and use 10m of my summer budget or fuck all so decided to keep the 10m until summer'. No, Slav publicly backed his players like any decent manager would do.

As I said, Slav isn't blameless but it's not all down to him. I still think the worst think about the Zaza deal was the actual deal, not the player, that wasn't Slav. Also emineke Slav signed as someone willing to play 4th choice striker (behind Sakho, Carroll and Valencia) while jelavic was 5th (also behind Zarate) we don't even have a 4th striker right now. for me they were both good signings for what they were. And Tore? You can't judge any player after a handful of games IMO. Has it turned out shit? Course it has, would he had been shit all season if he remained fit? Dunno, but I was more excited at Töre than snodgrass.
Good post mate .
I was excited at the Tore loan . As everyone keeps saying , it takes time to adjust and due to injury he's had no chance to adjust .

And there's nothing wrong with the Tore assist in the Bournemouth game .
Bring back Jonathon !