West Ham vs Leeds Utd FA Cup Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Noni

Re: West Ham vs Leeds Utd FA Cup Official Match Thread

Post by Noni »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:23 pm
Noni wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:55 pm

Maybe he's still drunk after New Year. :D
Think his found a new home.
The Pub!!!!! :lol:

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

JayK wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:14 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:42 pm

I’ve been a massive critic, but he is certainly starting to fit very nicely into the team, problem is it seems at the expense of pablo who as mentioned is one of our best passers. Still nice problem to have tho.
All the same am happy to hold my hands up as one of them who was probably overly critical……I’ll try Arthur now….long shot :D
Please criticise in a mahoosive way 😂
indeed :D
problem is i really like Arthur, unpredictable yes , decent defender nooooooo, but he does have moments of pure class and trickery and has served us well over the years. He is however, now probably past his best for us and the boo boys are having an adverse impact on him imo. I suspect he will be off loaded in due course and we will miss unpredictable dribbles and the odd blinding cross (or cross /shot, for which he will always be remembered). Of course we still have Benny boy for pure, what will he do next.

JayK

Post by JayK »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:08 am
JayK wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:14 pm

Please criticise in a mahoosive way 😂
problem is i really like Arthur, unpredictable yes , decent defender nooooooo, but he does have moments of pure class and trickery and has served us well over the years. He is however, now probably past his best for us and the boo boys are having an adverse impact on him imo. I suspect he will be off loaded in due course and we will miss unpredictable dribbles and the odd blinding cross (or cross /shot, for which he will always be remembered). Of course we still have Benny boy for pure, what will he do next.
He does have some skill. But man, does he irritate. You ain’t wrong about Benny, and I doubt he fuckin knows either
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I really hope Lanzini's performance yesterday and the fact we have Fornals and Vlasic all capable AM's has ended our interest in Lingard and we can get on with sorting out the priority positions ( striker - LB and CB in this transfer window ) . Though I still think a pacey winger will be required in the summer ;) .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:28 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:08 am

He does have some skill. But man, does he irritate. You ain’t wrong about Benny, and I doubt he fuckin knows either
Think we can put Fredericks in the same category as Masuaku though he may well be a better tackler but definitely no defender both are far better getting forward , but are frustrating in the final third .
As for Benrahma , not going there .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:40 am I really hope Lanzini's performance yesterday and the fact we have Fornals and Vlasic all capable AM's has ended our interest in Lingard and we can get on with sorting out the priority positions ( striker - LB and CB in this transfer window ) . Though I still think a pacey winger will be required in the summer ;) .
I honestly don't see where Lingard would fit into the side should he arrive. Imo we should be looking at a way to accommodate Fornals who is our most creative player and bringing in another player competing for one of those spots behind the main striker isn't a requirement.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:19 pm Seemed to be always in control.

Should have had a few more.

Onwards and upwards.
Professional performance against an injury ravaged Leeds side. No worries really.

Lanzini is good at running with the ball but we missed the creativity of Fornals who can pass the ball much better than Lanzini. Good to see him come on at the end and start the breakaway for the second goal. Benrahma played really well at Palace and gave Ward a torrid time so we missed his creativity too.

Kiddy away in the next round.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:15 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:19 pm Seemed to be always in control.

Should have had a few more.

Onwards and upwards.
Professional performance against an injury ravaged Leeds side. No worries really.

Lanzini is good at running with the ball but we missed the creativity of Fornals who can pass the ball much better than Lanzini. Good to see him come on at the end and start the breakaway for the second goal. Benrahma played really well at Palace and gave Ward a torrid time so we missed his creativity too.

Kiddy away in the next round.
Not sure what Moyes is going to do with having so much talent as Lanzini , Vlasic and Fornals in the CAM position , why do we need Lingard . Actually thought Vlasic even though playing out of position on the left offered more and is far more consistent then Benrahma .

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:52 am
JayK wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:28 am

Think we can put Fredericks in the same category as Masuaku though he may well be a better tackler but definitely no defender both are far better getting forward , but are frustrating in the final third .
100% about Fredericks. Was very frustrating yesterday
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

JayK wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:14 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:52 am

100% about Fredericks. Was very frustrating yesterday
Anyone else see how many times the players got on Frederick's back for not making the forward runs..... especially Dawson who on a few occasions had the option of threading the ball through but Frederick's was not there.... frustrating