West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:09 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:52 pm

But Moyes has openly said he’s happy with the squad 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think you'll find Jay that if they were to shat in his chops in the middle of Trafalgar Square in broad daylight he'd say he was happy. He's a yes man at the end of the day as was proved by him coming back after the disgraceful way they treated him first time round. Any other bloke would've have told them to go fuck themselves, but not the Jock lemur. I get he needs a job but he's hardly skint.
And he's still got hughill's 10 million hiding under his floorboards :lol:
Agreed BB, and nicely put 😂. He’s set his stall out though and can’t hide now. He thinks it’s a good squad as far as anyone’s concerned. If he didn’t think so, he should say so. We all know it ain’t.
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:13 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:09 pm

I think you'll find Jay that if they were to shat in his chops in the middle of Trafalgar Square in broad daylight he'd say he was happy. He's a yes man at the end of the day as was proved by him coming back after the disgraceful way they treated him first time round. Any other bloke would've have told them to go fuck themselves, but not the Jock lemur. I get he needs a job but he's hardly skint.
And he's still got hughill's 10 million hiding under his floorboards :lol:
Agreed BB, and nicely put 😂. He’s set his stall out though and can’t hide now. He thinks it’s a good squad as far as anyone’s concerned. If he didn’t think so, he should say so. We all know it ain’t.
Bloody shame though Jay, with just a smidgeon of ambition we really could do something special. But there you go mate, we'll just have to bide our time and wait for those three cunts to fuck off.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:39 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:54 pm

Like all our fans I was hoping the goal would be disallowed. But how anyone can say it was "obviously" out beats me. There was no camera in the right place to establish one way or another. So the game continued. Same as it has in the hundred plus years before VAR.

Tbh it really pisses me off when things like that are used as excuses. We lost because Fornals, with his header, Haller (although he would probably have been found to be offside imo), and Bowen, twice, missed decent chances. That's not bad luck.

Must say I don't think we played a "perfect game" first half as you say. Man United were absolute dogshit and we should have been 4 or 5 goals to the good. But we didn't go for the throat. Tell me, how many saves did Henderson have to make ?
Poor finishing,has we have all said.

Don't tell me you weren't disappointed at it only being 1-0 at HT?Because I bloody was.
That’s a fine way to speak to your new BFF ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:39 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:54 pm

Like all our fans I was hoping the goal would be disallowed. But how anyone can say it was "obviously" out beats me. There was no camera in the right place to establish one way or another. So the game continued. Same as it has in the hundred plus years before VAR.

Tbh it really pisses me off when things like that are used as excuses. We lost because Fornals, with his header, Haller (although he would probably have been found to be offside imo), and Bowen, twice, missed decent chances. That's not bad luck.

Must say I don't think we played a "perfect game" first half as you say. Man United were absolute dogshit and we should have been 4 or 5 goals to the good. But we didn't go for the throat. Tell me, how many saves did Henderson have to make ?
Poor finishing,has we have all said.

Don't tell me you weren't disappointed at it only being 1-0 at HT?Because I bloody was.
Of course I was. But if I’m being really honest I thought we played better overall at Liverpool and Arsenal and in the home game against Wolves.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:04 pm
hd1 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:43 pm

Absolute joke of a decision that changed the whole game
How was it a joke decision ? No one can say with certainty if the ball went out or not. The decision wouldn’t have mattered had we capitalised in the 60 minutes we were well on top. Man U were the better side for 30 minutes and scored one disputed goal and two others. That is why they won.

Don’t look for excuses. Make sure next game you’re on top for 60 minutes you capitalise on it. Excuses are for losers.
How is it a joke? Well the lino who's job it is to watch the line wasn't watching the line for a start. The 4th official, who's head the ball flew over whilst he was standing behind the line, didn't think to mention it. VAR had no idea how to even judge it, yet VAR is there to pick up these type of decisions.

MOTD can say with certainty that it did, by a substantial amount, as has other technology but apparently VAR officials don't have this technology, but then why would they need it when they have competent linos, oh hang on....

I agree we should have taken our chances, but Man Utd were not in the game at the point, and for whatever reason we switched off and they got back in the game and their confidence grew. It changed the game.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:54 pm Tell me, how many saves did Henderson have to make ?
5 according to the Manchester Evening news https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-19408811

"Henderson had more than played his part in making sure United were in a position to launch their now regular comeback as well. He made some crucial first-half saves when West Ham tried to take advantage of a disastrous first 45 minutes from the visitors.

The 23-year-old had to be sharp inside the first couple of minutes to save from Pablo Fornals and he made five saves in total, more than taking his chance on his first Premier League start."

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:07 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:54 pm Tell me, how many saves did Henderson have to make ?
5 according to the Manchester Evening news https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-19408811

"Henderson had more than played his part in making sure United were in a position to launch their now regular comeback as well. He made some crucial first-half saves when West Ham tried to take advantage of a disastrous first 45 minutes from the visitors.

The 23-year-old had to be sharp inside the first couple of minutes to save from Pablo Fornals and he made five saves in total, more than taking his chance on his first Premier League start."
Indeed Henderson was Nevilles 2nd choice for motm.

We lost because we didn’t take advantage of our first half display converting the chances. I said to my son straight after they scored that they would go on and win.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:22 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:13 pm

Bloody shame though Jay, with just a smidgeon of ambition we really could do something special. But there you go mate, we'll just have to bide our time and wait for those three cunts to fuck off.
Absolutely nailed on BB. Nothing short of criminal. 3 more years
COYI!!!

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

hd1 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:03 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:04 pm

How was it a joke decision ? No one can say with certainty if the ball went out or not. The decision wouldn’t have mattered had we capitalised in the 60 minutes we were well on top. Man U were the better side for 30 minutes and scored one disputed goal and two others. That is why they won.

Don’t look for excuses. Make sure next game you’re on top for 60 minutes you capitalise on it. Excuses are for losers.
How is it a joke? Well the lino who's job it is to watch the line wasn't watching the line for a start. The 4th official, who's head the ball flew over whilst he was standing behind the line, didn't think to mention it. VAR had no idea how to even judge it, yet VAR is there to pick up these type of decisions.

MOTD can say with certainty that it did, by a substantial amount, as has other technology but apparently VAR officials don't have this technology, but then why would they need it when they have competent linos, oh hang on....

I agree we should have taken our chances, but Man Utd were not in the game at the point, and for whatever reason we switched off and they got back in the game and their confidence grew. It changed the game.

How is that a joke of a decision? The ball went out - by a long way. The linesman has one job now that VAR does offside and he wasnt even looking. Its hardly a ringing endorsement of his competence is it. That linesman is clueless and has been for years.

If I failed that badly at work on my one and only job - I would be sacked.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:44 pm
hd1 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:07 pm

Indeed Henderson was Nevilles 2nd choice for motm.

We lost because we didn’t take advantage of our first half display converting the chances. I said to my son straight after they scored that they would go on and win.
I said the same to my son too...On his 18th Birthday too :roll: