West Ham vs Viborg Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: West Ham vs Viborg Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

hd1 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:42 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:10 pm Totally agree , Zouma looks like an old worn out carthorse imo .
Not seeing this myself Clay. I think he's still showing he's a quality player, especially in the Citeh game where Johnson was run ragged.

Time will tell though. That said I liked what I saw of Kehrer last night, and good to see Oggy back although nowhere near his best yet.
HD , I actually thought Johnson was run ragged by Zouma not performing at the same level :? , its not funny how we see things so differently .
Liked very much what I saw from Kehrer , has pace and ability on and off the ball , mind you I am sure he was taken out of the game for there goal so he may lack strength in contact .
It was good to see Oggy back , he may not be back to his best but he looked far more capable in my eyes then Zouma .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:19 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:01 pm

Normally I would agree. But this season I see the conference as our most realistic shot at getting a European spot again next season. That said if any player isn't 100% they shouldn't be considered. But that should always be the rule imo.
I get what you're saying but I don't think it's the holy grail, squad size and quality told a tale last season I fear this season will be no different.
I think you are right about squad quality, which is exactly why I think the conference is our most important competition this season. If the club is serious about raising it's profile so we are able to attract a better calibre of player to address and correct the weaknesses we can both see I believe we have to be able to offer European competition. It is a mark of where a club stands in football's pecking order.

At the moment I think our squad MAY just be good enough to scrape a 6th or 7th place but relying on it would be very risky. Hence my belief the conference is our best chance of another European spot next season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:55 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:25 am

Good summary imo Joe. I actually thought Viborg were the better team the way they held the ball. The old mantra of "if you've got the ball the opposition can't hurt you however good it is" obviously isn't lost on them. But the fact we have better players, capable of the bits of individual skill that bought us the goals, won us the game.

I hope our coaching team took note of the way Viborg kept the ball. We could do worse than copy their methods when we're holding onto a one goal lead in the final moments of a game.
You should know by now Whiskyman that Zmoyes doesn’t do possession.
Watch our game Sunday Brighton will have 70% of the ball.
Oh I completely agree with you mate. It's why I am expecting another league defeat tbh. From the little I've seen of Brighton this season they are playing some very decent stuff, despite losing Bissouma and Cucurella..

I trust you noticed I said "I HOPE our coaching team took note" . And you know what they say about hope "springing eternal". ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?