Declan Rice chooses England !!

Chat about anything football related here!
Ironworksfc

Re: Declan Rice chooses England !!

Post by Ironworksfc »

Born in England, does that not make him English then

Opening a large can of worms otherwise

Shall we then look into the lineage of all the rest of the team and question whether they should be playing for other national teams, just because their grandparents were born in that country
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Hildreth_1101 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:46 pm I am super glad as an Englishman, I just hope he doesn't get a curtail of abuse from Irish people, I am sure some Robbie Keane type is going to be on the Radio slating him.

I wonder if Southgate will select him in the March qualifiers?
Kevin Kilbane has already had a dig. Grow the fuck up.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

1985whu wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:12 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:23 pm Well done Declan and good luck !

As an Englishman, I am delighted :D :D :D

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... of-ireland
Can't really get too excited about this other than for the lad personally, I wish him all the best. And as already been said, we'll get more money for him we inevitably sell him to Man Utd or whoever. So that's good.

I see old Kevin Kilbane has already started the bitter tweets-

"If you’re a “proud Englishman” then why play for us in the first place?" he says. What a sad wallop. Why couldn't he just say "Good luck Declan" instead?

And was he (Kilbane) not born in England? That being the case, you would have thought he would have a better understanding of the difficult decision young DC had to make.
Flairon

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

'we'll have a party when he dies' Declan Rice faces sick ‘death’ jibes and branded ‘Judas’ as furious fans remind him of time he kissed Republic of Ireland badge
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ham-judas/

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:54 pm Born in England, does that not make him English then

Opening a large can of worms otherwise

Shall we then look into the lineage of all the rest of the team and question whether they should be playing for other national teams, just because their grandparents were born in that country
Imo he was born in England so he's English. End of. The stupid thing he was allowed under the rules to be Irish because of grandparentage, made even more stupid by the fact he's actually played for Ireland. At least the England football team hasn't become as multi national as the cricket mob filled with assorted South Africans and Aussies. Not to mention all those errrr British medal winners in the Olympics.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

McCarthy responded: "Declan rang me today and said he has decided to give it a go with England. Good luck to him."

That's all that needs to be said.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

jhammers wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:40 pm Kilbane is from Preston ffs :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

The rumour is that Southgate wants to use him as a CB.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:05 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:04 pm Not Declan's fault of course but just another example of how stupid "international" sport has become. I've always thought your nationality is determined by your country of birth unless there are extenuating circumstances like being born abroad whilst parents were serving in the military.
Of course this doesn’t only apply to the “smaller” nations...... the bigger teams also are littered with players who’s claims to nationality are lightweight at best.
Not to mention the "Great Britain" teams that have carried the flag in the Olympic Games. And of course the "English" cricket team. It's not just football mate.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

The lineage rules are a joke...designed to facilitate the use of good players that otherwise wouldnt be eigible to play for england...

using grandparents etc is a complete and utter joke..

born in England you play for England, born in the republic, you play for RoI, born in Wales you play for Wales etc etc