West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
punkrockhammer

Re: West Ham vs Fulham Official Match Thread

Post by punkrockhammer »

jhammers wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 am Annoying that Nasri is still injured

Id go:

Fabianski
Fredericks, Balbuena, Diop, Cresswell
Diangana, Noble, Rice, Anderson
Antonio, Hernandez

Fredericks keeps his place as i think these sort of games suit him more than Zaba.
Hoping that Diangana can be that creative spark that we lack when there is no Nasri or Lanzini.
Also he had a run of games at home against 'lesser opposition' where he was great.
Diangana has been shit for months, can’t remember his last decent performance

I wouldn’t be starting him in a game again this season unless due to massive injuries

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

jhammers wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:43 pm
Beal wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:31 pm Why do you think Fredericks is better than Zaba for these type of games? I think I agree, I'm just curious to hear your reasoning.
Beal, i just think Fredericks suits the games where we should be on top and his attacking play can be a threat. Also (i could be talking bollocks here but hear me out) the LS seems to be a big pitch, so we need some more pace in the team and he offers that.
Love Zaba though and I'd like to see the 2 rotated for the rest of the season.
Standard pitch, same as Watford. The Stadium is big the pitch is not.

I'd persevere with Fredericks as he has room for improvement,,,and despite his incredible ability to get forward Zaba's final ball hasnt been up to much imo. Cant remember an assist.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Mikeveep wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:29 pm
jhammers wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:43 pm

Beal, i just think Fredericks suits the games where we should be on top and his attacking play can be a threat. Also (i could be talking bollocks here but hear me out) the LS seems to be a big pitch, so we need some more pace in the team and he offers that.
Love Zaba though and I'd like to see the 2 rotated for the rest of the season.

I'd persevere with Fredericks as he has room for improvement,,,and despite his incredible ability to get forward Zaba's final ball hasnt been up to much imo. Cant remember an assist.
Also with Zabas contract not yet decided and Fredericks finally fit, given our position in no-mans-land in the league, I think we have to see what we have in the young rb right now.
#fuckqatar2022

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Hammertime wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:41 pm
Mikeveep wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:29 pm

Also with Zabas contract not yet decided and Fredericks finally fit, given our position in no-mans-land in the league, I think we have to see what we have in the young rb right now.
We are in no mans land but every finishing position is worth an xtra 2 million.
A hard battled 8th position compared to a chilled out 13th is the difference of 10 million.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

punkrockhammer wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:57 pm
jhammers wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 am Annoying that Nasri is still injured

Id go:

Fabianski
Fredericks, Balbuena, Diop, Cresswell
Diangana, Noble, Rice, Anderson
Antonio, Hernandez

Fredericks keeps his place as i think these sort of games suit him more than Zaba.
Hoping that Diangana can be that creative spark that we lack when there is no Nasri or Lanzini.
Also he had a run of games at home against 'lesser opposition' where he was great.
Diangana has been shit for months, can’t remember his last decent performance

I wouldn’t be starting him in a game again this season unless due to massive injuries
Agreed. Other than Macclesfield the only game he shone was against Burnley. Against Wimbledon he was embarrassingly awful although not alone. Promise yes but much to learn.

The Snod ahead of him every time.

And I have a bad feeling about this game. Two points away all season.

So West Ham.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Reports coming in that Nasri and Lanzini have outside chances of making the fulham game. How's this for a line up.

.....................................................Flappy.................................................
Zabby.......................Balbuena..............................Diop.....................Cress.
.......................Noble...................Rice..................Lanzini.............Nasri.......
.......................................Arnie..................Anderson.....................

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Do we not lose at home on Friday nights ?
Bring back Jonathon !

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:57 pm Do we not lose at home on Friday nights ?
Says the man who don't believe in curses:)

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

IronsForever wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:42 pm
Hammertime wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:41 pm

A hard battled 8th position compared to a chilled out 13th is the difference of 10 million.
Agreed, sufficient enough motivation for an ownership group that probably won't match last summers spending. Still would Fredericks alone cost us 10 mill? If deemed so then should we play Zabba against Fulham & Fredericks against Citeh?
#fuckqatar2022

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Hammertime wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:05 pm
IronsForever wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:42 pm

Agreed, sufficient enough motivation for an ownership group that probably won't match last summers spending. Still would Fredericks alone cost us 10 mill? If deemed so then should we play Zabba against Fulham & Fredericks against Citeh?
My initial response would be to says that Fred will get torn apart by Sarni but he did put up a fantastic display against Liverpool. Wasn't in tune with the back offside play against Palace but has had 2 weeks to get that right.
For me its a tough choice. Fred can cope with their speed but Zabby is more clued up and knows how to Sheppard a winger .