Ouch! 6-0

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Ouch! 6-0

Post by palerider »

Gonzo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:31 pm
It's not hatred Al.
Not at all. In fact....IF someone has to dominate so blatantly, i'd rather it be City than the other clubs you mention.

It's a perception of utter tedium and a sorry indictment as to the general direction of the global game.

The fact that their fans might not be absolute cunts is really no comfort at all.

We're like turkeys voting for Christmas. There was one team that had a sliver of a chance to halt their dominance yet the general mood was a preference for the dominance rather than Liverpool to break the stranglehold.

As someone who can remember Clough's Forrest and of course our own FA Cup win from the lower division I really don't get this fawning over a country using it's oil wealth to steam roll our domestic league. Social media is awash with people saying, "You have to admire them". Do I fuck.

How do you like your sport? Well it seems the answer is predictable and in the form of an exhibition. The premise of sport being a contest seems to have been universally discarded. Maybe it's something in the water that's making people gush for Goliath rather than David but for Watford you might as well read West Ham United.

I'm not deluded enough to think that we'd win the league but at least I'd go into each season hopeful of winning a cup. Not anymore, it's over I'm afraid and in the current Premier League incarnation there is very little point to Watford or West Ham.

With that in mind why should I laud and applaud what City are doing? It's financial doping yet when we play them next season we'll hear all about our special relationship with the City fans . . . .they're just like us apparently.
Sorry Kris but that's a bit bitter and twisted.

As you know I have a thing about City. Always have, even before the money. And by
coincidence my son started supporting them So I take him once a season.

And yes, they are like us, and as I said earlier. If Thaksin Shinawatra's last throw of the dice hadn't come off and the Abu Dhabi people had suddenly thought, 'what about West Ham' instead. Would you be having this conversation ?

We all have our own personal hang-ups. Spurs obviously but with me it's also Liverpool as I had an Italian mother and the utter grief their drunken cunts created at Heysel and then they bleat about Hillsborough makes me cringe. But I do take your point. If it was any other team I'd not have been too bothered had the league title gone the other way.

How do you compete ? You don't. But Palace, Leicester and Newcastle proved they're not unbeatable. And for West Ham, don't read Watford. They tried to match them blow for blow. You can't do that.

City are guilty of nothing other than being in the right place at the right time.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

palerider wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:02 pm
Gonzo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 pm

The fact that their fans might not be absolute cunts is really no comfort at all.

We're like turkeys voting for Christmas. There was one team that had a sliver of a chance to halt their dominance yet the general mood was a preference for the dominance rather than Liverpool to break the stranglehold.

As someone who can remember Clough's Forrest and of course our own FA Cup win from the lower division I really don't get this fawning over a country using it's oil wealth to steam roll our domestic league. Social media is awash with people saying, "You have to admire them". Do I fuck.

How do you like your sport? Well it seems the answer is predictable and in the form of an exhibition. The premise of sport being a contest seems to have been universally discarded. Maybe it's something in the water that's making people gush for Goliath rather than David but for Watford you might as well read West Ham United.

I'm not deluded enough to think that we'd win the league but at least I'd go into each season hopeful of winning a cup. Not anymore, it's over I'm afraid and in the current Premier League incarnation there is very little point to Watford or West Ham.

With that in mind why should I laud and applaud what City are doing? It's financial doping yet when we play them next season we'll hear all about our special relationship with the City fans . . . .they're just like us apparently.

As you know I have a thing about City. Always have, even before the money. And by

And yes, they are like us, and as I said earlier. If Thaksin Shinawatra's last throw of the dice hadn't come off and the Abu Dhabi people had suddenly thought, 'what about West Ham' instead. Would you be having this conversation ?
To be fair mate having met your son recently I don't blame you for having a soft spot for them or attending with him but that's your own personal reason which I don't share.

Would I be having this conversation if we'd just won the FA Cup 6-0? I don't know what to say to that really?

I guess not and I don't expect City are but once we've stopped empathising with City fans the suspicion remains that what happened this season is bad for football and it pisses me off.

If this were a one-off then I'd be more inclined to marvel at the achievement but evidence suggests we're in for a lot more dominance.

Terry posted a thread a couple of months ago saying that he'd like City to win everything. I pointed out that they'd won last season but he said that he would rather City win than anyone else challenging. So I said what about next season? Would three in a row be too many and what about 6?

I haven't checked the dictionary definition for sport recently but I'm guessing contest or competitive physical duel would probably feature. What we're witnessing is a 'display' and possibly the last bastion that might thwart the financial tsunami was Liverpool and we didn't fancy that.

So we instead support the tsunami regardless of the fact that we'll be drowned by the fucker . . . just as long as those pesky scousers get what's coming to them.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Gonzo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 pm
palerider wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:02 pm

To be fair mate having met your son recently I don't blame you for having a soft spot for them or attending with him but that's your own personal reason which I don't share.

Would I be having this conversation if we'd just won the FA Cup 6-0? I don't know what to say to that really?

I guess not and I don't expect City are but once we've stopped empathising with City fans the suspicion remains that what happened this season is bad for football and it pisses me off.

If this were a one-off then I'd be more inclined to marvel at the achievement but evidence suggests we're in for a lot more dominance.

Terry posted a thread a couple of months ago saying that he'd like City to win everything. I pointed out that they'd won last season but he said that he would rather City win than anyone else challenging. So I said what about next season? Would three in a row be too many and what about 6?

I haven't checked the dictionary definition for sport recently but I'm guessing contest or competitive physical duel would probably feature. What we're witnessing is a 'display' and possibly the last bastion that might thwart the financial tsunami was Liverpool and we didn't fancy that.

So we instead support the tsunami regardless of the fact that we'll be drowned by the fucker . . . just as long as those pesky scousers get what's coming to them.
Maybe you didn't read my edited version.

I have a reason for hating Liverpool, it's not random.

Of course it's not good for football but what can you do about it ?

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

palerider wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:40 pm
Gonzo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:27 pm

Well moan about it on here of course :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

Gonzo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:49 pm
palerider wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:40 pm

Well moan about it on here of course :lol:
All will be fine when we sign Charlie Adam mate.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Looks like the green eyed monster of envy is alive and well. If West Ham had the good fortune to be owned by a nation state and had just completed a domestic treble this board and others like it would be awash with triumphalist postings telling all and sundry how wonderful we are. There would of course be a very small number of people demanding the immediate sacking of the manager because we failed to reach the Champions League final. But I'm sure you get my drift.

Good for football to have one team so dominant ? Of course not. Unless that one team happens to be the one you support.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Back to the game.

Watford are making a big deal of the 'penalty' that wasn't given against Kompany for handball.

It hit his upper arm at pace from a yard. And as if it would have made a difference.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:53 pm Looks like the green eyed monster of envy is alive and well. If West Ham had the good fortune to be owned by a nation state and had just completed a domestic treble this board and others like it would be awash with triumphalist postings telling all and sundry how wonderful we are. There would of course be a very small number of people demanding the immediate sacking of the manager because we failed to reach the Champions League final. But I'm sure you get my drift.

Good for football to have one team so dominant ? Of course not. Unless that one team happens to be the one you support.
"If West Ham had the good fortune to be owned by a nation state and had just completed a domestic treble this board and others like it would be awash with triumphalist postings telling all and sundry how wonderful we are"
You are of course speaking on behalf of an entire support base without due consent !!
You ask my opinion? I would honestly (and I really do mean this sincerely) be bored shitless if we were doing what Bayern Munich were doing every single season.

You're point refers to one season. What some of us are "whining" about is a prolonged period of monotonous dominance.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

City dominating is pretty funny.
Harbouring, as I do, a bit of hate for the red side of Manchester it amuses me no end to see City with Guardiola and Manure with Ole Gunnar Getsacked.
Oddly enough the PL is the most open of the big European leagues. If you want to see what real, boring, domination looks like try Serie A, the Bendesliga, Ligue 1, or La Liga.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:36 pm I would honestly (and I really do mean this sincerely) be bored shitless if we were doing what Bayern Munich were doing every single season.

You're point refers to one season. What some of us are "whining" about is a prolonged period of monotonous dominance.
You're right Tone.....bored shitless. Bayern have won the championship 7 years on the trot, so have Juventus, PSG 6 on the trot, Barca 5, England on the other hand have had 4 different clubs win in 7 years so its not a forgone conclusion and they are all beatable. Imagine being a Portuguese football fan only 2 teams have won their PL.....in the last 16 years. :shock: ....now that's boring