Moyes--The Best We Can Hope For

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Moyes--The Best We Can Hope For

Post by Whiskyman »

thomasswe wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:53 am
jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:25 am Thomas, are you a forensic scientist?

My point is, he is getting away with football from the 80"s, do the paying public want to see that every other week. Did you enjoy watching Everton under Moyes?
I enjoy winning games and I enjoy the defensive aspect of the game.

Beats watching a team of "exiting" players underperform under Pellegrini.

Counter attacking is more enjoyable than parling the bus and hoof under Allardyce.

I enjoyed Fornals though ball to Bowen, back to Fornals, cross to Antonio tap in last game.

I like being exited whenever we have an attacking set piece.

I like not fearing a heart attack each time we concede a set pience or expect to concede a goal from a counter attack whenver we had an offensive corner.

It's abit dull at times sure and I wouldn't expect a neutral viewer without emotional investment in the game to be having the time of their life watching the game, but I don't think it's as dull as desribed. Most analysts and expert keep praising how we play.

Actually the most negative comments are from fans.

And if those fans negativity would cause the team to perform worse by moaning and booing they can stay the fuck home forever imo. I want to keep seeing the team I support win and not having to worry about relegation for once.
I think you've got a point there Tom. Imo one of the reasons we're doing better this season is because there are no fans in the ground ? It's a sad thing to say but more often than not in the last 15-20 years the so called "twelfth man" has favoured the opposition.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:43 am Fuck all this Moyes noshing

He has been a lucky cunt. With a full house at home he would never have got away with some of the negative, no lose shit he has served up. Let's see, if all the noshers are still happy with him, when they are paying good money to watch it
With the tools at his disposal,his doing very well mate.

I agree,we are no Barcelona mate,but we ain't no pushovers any more.Yes,us West Ham fans love to watch beautiful football(First game in 1971),but we also love committed players who put their bodies on the line.Why do you think the likes of Bonds and Dicks were loved by West Ham fans,because they gave everything.

You said we have got lucky,but I think we have got more unlucky if anything...VAR has cost us quite a few results against the bigger teams.Arsenal,Liverpool,United and Chelsea,we were robbed,while I say we got lucky v Villa and Fulham.

Yes,we all have an opinion,but if you think Moyes is doing an awful job,you must be off your head?When you have the handicap of working for Sullivan,whose stripping the squad and not replacing,you can't really moan.

If it goes go all tits up,because we get injuries,there will be only one person to blame and it won't be Moyes.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:43 am Fuck all this Moyes noshing

He has been a lucky cunt. With a full house at home he would never have got away with some of the negative, no lose shit he has served up. Let's see, if all the noshers are still happy with him, when they are paying good money to watch it
I won't be paying to watch it. In fact this weekend put Prime on in the background and actually caught up with work as the Burnley West Ham borefest was always going to be a throwback.

Burnley deserve to go the way of Stoke. We will too if we don't evolve

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

It's nice, that after all theses years, people still can't fucking read properly

Did not say we have not done well or that we have been lucky

Moyes has been lucky in that he has not had the pressure of 60,000 fans wanting more than his dull, cunty form of football. He has got away with it

Whilw we sit at home a result is a result, but once we are paying again, I cannot believe anybody wants to watch the shit he serves up.

Now, read the above have a mogadon and calm down
Covid in the Boardroom

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:06 am
The Messiah isn't the dullest manager in the league but he's in the top 6. Yet I suppose with the pragmatic view that staying up is the most important thing, he's ticking the boxes. But ffs, it's horrible to watch at times. But losing 5-4 is still nil points. So with a much-loved phrase I'll say be careful what you wish for. Mister Dead brought some thrills occasionally but was proof that without the bank-roll of an oil rich country he was fucking useless.
How do you define dullest though ? The press , and quite a few on here, are a long way up the arse of a certain Irishman whose team currently sits high in the league. They play pretty much the same style as we do but are fortunate to have Vardy and, to a lesser extent, Harvey Barnes up front. Neither of those players were brought to Leicester by the afore mentioned Bog Trotter btw, And yet there are those who knock Moyes for being dull who claim they would like to see him at our gaff. What sort of team, or performance, do they think he would produce with our squad ? No Vardy to aim for with a long whack over the defensive shield.

And although we have had some stinkers at home this season, standouts for me being Newcastle and Brighton, are we really a duller side than much of the other dross in the best league in the world ? Are we really a worse watch than the obvious suspects, Sheffield United, Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, Brighton,? Negative ? Did anyone see West Brom at Man City, under Bilic, or at Anfield, under Allardyce ? They didn't park the bus, they brought the whole fucking fleet. Even Spurs are getting pelters for their style under Mourinho.

How many sides really play this mythical "attractive" football people pine for ? Leeds are very gung ho and are a decent watch for the neutral but I've heard their fans moaning about how easy it is to score against them with their open style. I don't think my heart could take being a Leeds fan under Bielsa tbh. He got away with it against the crap they came up against in the Championship but have started to struggle with their open style now.

And now people have started saying we wouldn't get away with our style of football with a full house. Well, if the football is that bad why bother going ? When I used to go there were a very small number of people who just couldn't wait for the first misplaced pass , or missed chance, so they could vent their spleen but it seems that now there are a hell of a lot more who go because they actually enjoy having a gripe and a grizzle. Nothing to do with the stadium either, it started while we were still at our old gaff.

There's people here who've probably supported the club longer than me but in my time I can honestly say the only time we've had a team that has entertained consistently was the Brooking, Devonshire, Bonds era. We've had some good time since but more often than not because of individual talent rather than collective ability. DiCanio and Payet being probably the two most obvious examples. Sure, we've got Declan Rice now, but because of the role he plays he isn't producing the same flashes of creative genius the likes of the mad Italian and the chubby Frenchman were capable of.

For me it's no surprise our fans who were once regarded as some of the best around are now seen as whingeirs with an over exaggerated sense of where West Ham actually sit in football's pecking order. The West Ham way FFS. We haven't seen that for 35 fucking years.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

So a side that sets and lines up with Micky,Bowen,Fornals,Benrahma,Soucek,Rice,(Lanzini,Yarmo) an attacking FB in Soufal....
Is a dull defensive boring team selection.....

He(Moyes) put things in Place defensively, now is trying by putting Ben/Lanza/Fornals at times in the 10 role to add more to
attack...Mickys back now the goals will start to come again.

Oh And Haller had plenty in and around him last few games...Just Not PL standard...thank Peller for that not Moyes.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:24 am

Counter attacking is more enjoyable than parling the bus and hoof under Allardyce.

I enjoyed Fornals though ball to Bowen, back to Fornals, cross to Antonio tap in last game.

I like not fearing a heart attack each time we concede a set pience or expect to concede a goal from a counter attack whenver we had an offensive corner.

It's abit dull at times sure and I wouldn't expect a neutral viewer without emotional investment in the game to be having the time of their life watching the game, but I don't think it's as dull as desribed. Most analysts and expert keep praising how we play.

And if those fans negativity would cause the team to perform worse by moaning and booing they can stay the fuck home forever imo. I want to keep seeing the team I support win and not having to worry about relegation for once.
I think you've got a point there Tom. Imo one of the reasons we're doing better this season is because there are no fans in the ground ? It's a sad thing to say but more often than not in the last 15-20 years the so called "twelfth man" has favoured the opposition.
I can think of another reason and it's as simple as team spirit, our players are happy and hard working. When you think about the personality and work ethic or players Like Rice, Antonio, Soucek and Bowen amongst others it's impossoble to think they'd go on a sulk or getting moody when things aren't going their way. When they lose the ball which happens for every player they might be disappointed in themself for like half a second then they work to get the ball back.

How big of an impact could potential moody fans have, maybe quite a bit. Gonzo noted in one of his videos how vocal our players and coaches are and how it's doing us a big favor atm.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:15 am It's nice, that after all theses years, people still can't fucking read properly

Did not say we have not done well or that we have been lucky

Moyes has been lucky in that he has not had the pressure of 60,000 fans wanting more than his dull, cunty form of football. He has got away with it

Whilw we sit at home a result is a result, but once we are paying again, I cannot believe anybody wants to watch the shit he serves up.

Now, read the above have a mogadon and calm down

Like I said,I was brought up on the Brooking's and Devonshire`s playing "The West Ham Way".Was my favorite era and the best Football,I have ever seen play James.The nearest I have seen to that was under Harry.It`s been quite dull otherwise,though the last season at UP was good too.That was more to do with a certain Payet though.I loved that Football.

I am one of them posters that have complained about wanting to play "The West Ham Way",but I cannot complain about Moyes and what his done?It`s nice to be winning games for a change.

So what are your expectations then under the WORST owners in the PL?

I'm very interested.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:25 am Thomas, are you a forensic scientist?

My point is, he is getting away with football from the 80"s, do the paying public want to see that every other week. Did you enjoy watching Everton under Moyes?

I can’t say I disagree with anything you say Thomas .

SOME of it has been as dull as dishwater but I can’t say I’m not pleased at where we are and what he has achieved considering the state of the club when he came back.

However , he’s been arsehole lucky with injuries in that imo it only takes an injury to either Rice or Soucek necessitating the recall of Noble , which he would not hesitate to implement.

What I dislike about him is his in-game management and timing and nature of his substitutions when his tried and tested doesn’t seem to be working.

And he’s quite clever in his statements and press conferences, telling the fans and the board exactly what they want to hear at the same time .
That takes some doing .

It’s all bullshit and anybody that had been treated the way he was treated by Sullivan (and the fan base) the first time around wouldn’t have come back for more in a month of Sunday’s unless they were desperate.

He’s a yes man and I detest him for it .

But the footy side of things he’s done reasonably well considering he’s being hamstrung by those tight Cunts upstairs .

And if he’s happy with the size and quality of his squad then my cocks a bloater .

Be a (scots)man Moyes, tell the chairman what you need and if it’s not forthcoming then tell him to stick his job where the sun don’t shine rather than fuck over the fan base with lies and bull.
Bring back Jonathon !

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:22 pm

I can’t say I disagree with anything you say Thomas .

SOME of it has been as dull as dishwater but I can’t say I’m not pleased at where we are and what he has achieved considering the state of the club when he came back.

However , he’s been arsehole lucky with injuries in that imo it only takes an injury to either Rice or Soucek necessitating the recall of Noble , which he would not hesitate to implement.

What I dislike about him is his in-game management and timing and nature of his substitutions when his tried and tested doesn’t seem to be working.

And he’s quite clever in his statements and press conferences, telling the fans and the board exactly what they want to hear at the same time .
That takes some doing .

It’s all bullshit and anybody that had been treated the way he was treated by Sullivan (and the fan base) the first time around wouldn’t have come back for more in a month of Sunday’s unless they were desperate.

He’s a yes man and I detest him for it .

But the footy side of things he’s done reasonably well considering he’s being hamstrung by those tight Cunts upstairs .

And if he’s happy with the size and quality of his squad then my cocks a bloater .

Be a (scots)man Moyes, tell the chairman what you need and if it’s not forthcoming then tell him to stick his job where the sun don’t shine rather than fuck over the fan base with lies and bull.
I didn't put any of the circumstances about the board i to my post as i've decided i'm better of not bothering with the board. I am only ever gonna focus on the footballing aspects on things.

I agree with you regarding substitutions.

I consider myself Moyes-neutral, If we keep this form up I'm happy, If we lose form slightly but still manage a reasonable point tally I'd still not call for a change in manager but if next season mirrors Bilics and Pellegrinis second season he needs to go.