The next level

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: The next level

Post by eskimo joe »

redhammer wrote:Of course all the blame for the shit transfers are going to be placed at the feet of Bilic, because our manager keeps his lips shut and publicly backs his players

While our owner uses his contacts and his sons contacts to pass the buck on to Slav, comes out and critiques the team and manager.
Re
For sure Slav isn't blameless, but I didn't hear anyone suggest snodgrass and Fonte was Bilic signings until the last week or two when eyebrows have been raised. In fact I recall DS on deadline day saying how they want premier league players

But now, it appears it was all Slav. Difference? One has class and the other wants the pass the buck when his real life football manager doesn't have a save, quit and restart option.

I keep hearing people say 'Slav said he was happy with Calleri and fletcher'

Of fucking course he said that, what do you want him to say? 'Fletcher is unproven and Calleri is usually pretty shit but they didn't sign me a striker, I got offered hogan and use 10m of my summer budget or fuck all so decided to keep the 10m until summer'. No, Slav publicly backed his players like any decent manager would do.

As I said, Slav isn't blameless but it's not all down to him. I still think the worst think about the Zaza deal was the actual deal, not the player, that wasn't Slav. Also emineke Slav signed as someone willing to play 4th choice striker (behind Sakho, Carroll and Valencia) while jelavic was 5th (also behind Zarate) we don't even have a 4th striker right now. for me they were both good signings for what they were. And Tore? You can't judge any player after a handful of games IMO. Has it turned out shit? Course it has, would he had been shit all season if he remained fit? Dunno, but I was more excited at Töre than snodgrass.
Of course it isn't all down to the manager, I'm gonna blame Lard Arse for the transfer policy. If it weren't for him and his Curtis love in then maybe Sullivan wouldn't be so hands on in the transfer dealings. Course that's stretching things I know, but Sullivan doesn't know when to step back and for that Sullivan gets equal blame.

Like stated , one can only judge on what one sees and Tore didn't have much time. What I saw was a player with ideas but poor delivery of them. But again that could improve over time, you just don't know and are unlikely to now also.

This whole season has been shoddily run from top to bottom each must shoulder the blame,the bulk of it at the top. Bilic shouldn't be the fall guy for decisions out of his hands.

Take away the transfers, because you can almost be certain that Bilic didn't make the bulk of them, the biggest gripe against Bilic would be his use of players and whether he has the tactical nous to take us further. Any question relating to his future shouldn't include any transfers.

I personally don't think he can achieve Sullivans promises, especially considering Sullivans reluctance to splash the cash, but irrespective of that his own track record with us tells us much.

Having said that I don't expect much but hope for more(said that in a previous thread) at least with Bilic we can boast a thrilling season followed by a tumultuous one.

Next season who knows?! Give him that at least and wit a budget and players of his own picking then we can give a much better judgement of him across the board. We can hope things on the pitch will change but I wont hold my breath.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
Totally agree and any manager with an ounce of pride wouldn't stoop so low. If he don't like what he has and they wont improve he has the option to speak out by walking at the end of the season.

Besides I believe the defensive problems were initially initiated by him. When he decided it was actually time to rectify it it was too late.
It was my understanding that the board WERE willing to get Bilic a right back but got told that he could cope/manage with the tools he had .
Don't quote me on that but I think that came from either ex-employee or one of the KIMB itk's ....
Well, from my experience of KUMB ITK's, who incidentally must NEVER be criticised, the term ITK stands for I talk krap.

I have read so much garbage and self promotional bullshit from tossers claiming to be ITK on that site it's unreal. Yours truly had his posting privileges suspended for 2 weeks because I dared to make a suggestion that perhaps there should be a league table of ITK predicytions at the end of the season to see which of them, if any, were genuine.

The moderator who imposed my ban works in local government which, imo, speaks volumes. Needless to say I have not returned to the site.

In the know my fucking arse. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

SoggyOggy

Post by SoggyOggy »

Newmarket wrote:
redhammer wrote:Of course all the blame for the shit transfers are going to be placed at the feet of Bilic, because our manager keeps his lips shut and publicly backs his players

While our owner uses his contacts and his sons contacts to pass the buck on to Slav, comes out and critiques the team and manager.

For sure Slav isn't blameless, but I didn't hear anyone suggest snodgrass and Fonte was Bilic signings until the last week or two when eyebrows have been raised. In fact I recall DS on deadline day saying how they want premier league players

But now, it appears it was all Slav. Difference? One has class and the other wants the pass the buck when his real life football manager doesn't have a save, quit and restart option.

I keep hearing people say 'Slav said he was happy with Calleri and fletcher'

Of fucking course he said that, what do you want him to say? 'Fletcher is unproven and Calleri is usually pretty shit but they didn't sign me a striker, I got offered hogan and use 10m of my summer budget or fuck all so decided to keep the 10m until summer'. No, Slav publicly backed his players like any decent manager would do.

As I said, Slav isn't blameless but it's not all down to him. I still think the worst think about the Zaza deal was the actual deal, not the player, that wasn't Slav. Also emineke Slav signed as someone willing to play 4th choice striker (behind Sakho, Carroll and Valencia) while jelavic was 5th (also behind Zarate) we don't even have a 4th striker right now. for me they were both good signings for what they were. And Tore? You can't judge any player after a handful of games IMO. Has it turned out shit? Course it has, would he had been shit all season if he remained fit? Dunno, but I was more excited at Töre than snodgrass.
Good post mate .
I was excited at the Tore loan . As everyone keeps saying , it takes time to adjust and due to injury he's had no chance to adjust .

And there's nothing wrong with the Tore assist in the Bournemouth game .
From what I remember he looked very overweight and sluggish. He was not fit from the get go. He should not have played till he was match fit.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote:
Newmarket wrote:
It was my understanding that the board WERE willing to get Bilic a right back but got told that he could cope/manage with the tools he had .
Don't quote me on that but I think that came from either ex-employee or one of the KIMB itk's ....
Well, from my experience of KUMB ITK's, who incidentally must NEVER be criticised, the term ITK stands for I talk krap.

I have read so much garbage and self promotional bullshit from tossers claiming to be ITK on that site it's unreal. Yours truly had his posting privileges suspended for 2 weeks because I dared to make a suggestion that perhaps there should be a league table of ITK predicytions at the end of the season to see which of them, if any, were genuine.

The moderator who imposed my ban works in local government which, imo, speaks volumes. Needless to say I have not returned to the site.

In the know my fucking arse. :i am genuinely amused:

Wouldn't it have been simpler to have said " smart arse " :-)
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

ToneLoc wrote:
IronsForever wrote:Also can any manager take us to the next level? our record signing is 21 million, our defense is poor. Midfield is lacking a leader and we are short stacked up top and the last 2 singings have a combined age of 63 i am genuinely amused
Maybe just give Bilic a long term contract , at least its un-predictable, fun and intense :)
Get Mancini in!! we still can't get in the top 6 and grind out 1 -0 wins at home and draws away. what would you prefer?
I'll argue that it's just as likely we have another season like last season with Bilic as it is getting a top 6 with Mankini. At least with Bilic it's already happened.
Do you seriously think, looking at the top 6 clubs currently that we have a squad to challenge that group? And do you think that Mankini alone would be able to bridge that gap?
All of this is a moot point anyway because the bloke just won't touch SuGo with a barge pole unless they'd "already" spent big. Promises of grandeur won't wash with Mankini. Especially from those with such 'previous'.
I think you missed the word can't for can. tiny mistake but you misinterpreted the whole statement
We are light years away from the top 6
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

SoggyOggy wrote:
Newmarket wrote: Good post mate .
I was excited at the Tore loan . As everyone keeps saying , it takes time to adjust and due to injury he's had no chance to adjust .

And there's nothing wrong with the Tore assist in the Bournemouth game .
From what I remember he looked very overweight and sluggish. He was not fit from the get go. He should not have played till he was match fit.
He was hurt from the get go and tried to play through the injury, thus he looked sluggish.

Even so the knee-jerk reaction to a players first season in the prem is constantly amazing to me. Feghouli and Nordveit have still much to prove, but am I going to cast them off because they haven't done so in their first year? This is also a bad tendency to exhibit, as a fan base, if you ever want to see our youth blooded in the first team.
#fuckqatar2022

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

IronsForever wrote:
ToneLoc wrote: I'll argue that it's just as likely we have another season like last season with Bilic as it is getting a top 6 with Mankini. At least with Bilic it's already happened.
Do you seriously think, looking at the top 6 clubs currently that we have a squad to challenge that group? And do you think that Mankini alone would be able to bridge that gap?
All of this is a moot point anyway because the bloke just won't touch SuGo with a barge pole unless they'd "already" spent big. Promises of grandeur won't wash with Mankini. Especially from those with such 'previous'.
I think you missed the word can't for can. tiny mistake but you misinterpreted the whole statement
You sure you didn't retro-fix a typo? ;)

Perhaps a question mark after "Get Mancini in" would have helped :D
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

ToneLoc wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
You sure you didn't retro-fix a typo? ;)

HA HA Maybe its time for glasses Ton shakeass shakeass
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

IronsForever wrote:
ToneLoc wrote: You sure you didn't retro-fix a typo? ;)

HA HA Maybe its time for glasses Ton shakeass shakeass
Haha !
I've got glasses.
Maybe binoculars?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"