West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:57 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:55 pm https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/ ... bs-manager

Tried to find something to show the last time Moyes lost 3 in a row after his interview but came across this and found it resonates quite a bit so thought I’d share
It does seem very similar.

For me, the most striking thing we lack is energy. They look like they've been on the piss.
Is this a team downing tools or is this a very very poor pre season preparation? Hmmm
COYI!!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

JayK wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:55 pm https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/ ... bs-manager

Tried to find something to show the last time Moyes lost 3 in a row after his interview but came across this and found it resonates quite a bit so thought I’d share
A lot in there uncannily similar. The rot can set in very quickly, and looking at our captain at the moment, he looks a beaten man.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:17 pm

A lot in there uncannily similar. The rot can set in very quickly, and looking at our captain at the moment, he looks a beaten man.
I'll say it. He's playing as if he wants out now.

And there's no room for sentiment at the top level. Ranieri won the league then was sacked halfway through the next season.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

palerider wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:19 pm
Yep, there was a moment in the game with about ten to go, when he couldn't even be bothered to close down on the edge of the box. Couldn't even muster a jog.
Something has happened, this is not just a blip.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:24 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:19 pm

Yep, there was a moment in the game with about ten to go, when he couldn't even be bothered to close down on the edge of the box. Couldn't even muster a jog.
Something has happened, this is not just a blip.
I agree. And unless he's playing with a knock that we don't know about, no player is bigger than the club. We'd have been better served by Flynn Downes or Coventry today.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

For me, the most striking thing we lack is energy. They look like they've been on the piss.
Looks bleak doesnt it?! The only thing that really differs, and in some ways is the same but polar opposites, is the fact he took over man utd when they were comfortable so his achievement there looked a lot worse than when he took over ours the second time where we were relegation fodder,and kept us up and got us into Europe- Now we are experiencing the true Moyes and how it will more than likely continue. There is something very very similar, and backs up what many have already themselves said on here.

What to do?! Me thinks it will depend on how things sit at Christmas, But Sullivan will be reluctant to do anything if we are not actually sitting in the bottom three.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:36 pm

Looks bleak doesnt it?! The only thing that really differs, and in some ways is the same but polar opposites, is the fact he took over man utd when they were comfortable so his achievement there looked a lot worse than when he took over ours the second time where we were relegation fodder,and kept us up and got us into Europe- Now we are experiencing the true Moyes and how it will more than likely continue. There is something very very similar, and backs up what many have already themselves said on here.

What to do?! Me thinks it will depend on how things sit at Christmas, But Sullivan will be reluctant to do anything if we are not actually sitting in the bottom three.
Four really tough league games up next Joe. Do you really think he should be given the benefit if we-re 0 from 7 ?

Momentum is everything. We were dealt a tough hand with the fixtures and if we'd have won at Forest it would look better as Brighton have always been a bogey team. And we should have done.

But we didn't.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I do wonder if Pearce and Nobes gone has made a different to the feeling around the camp
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:52 pm
I do wonder if Pearce and Nobes gone has made a different to the feeling around the camp
Something is most definitely rotten in the state of Denmark.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:39 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:36 pm

Four really tough league games up next Joe. Do you really think he should be given the benefit if we-re 0 from 7 ?

Momentum is everything. We were dealt a tough hand with the fixtures and if we'd have won at Forest it would look better as Brighton have always been a bogey team. And we should have done.

But we didn't.
Its not so much the results, its more the way we came about them, City, well that is understandable., Forest no, Brighton no and not even Viborg. Moyes might be ok if you want to be mediocre or below, but if he wants to progress he cant send the opposition his game plan week in week out and continue to do so wll after the others have contingencies.

But personally, i have for a while seen the Everton man and not the man with a plan and how to truly execute it, 7 th season, under him would be a miraculous achievement unless he does what a leopard doesnt, change his spots.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest