FA Cup: Stockport Co vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: FA Cup: Stockport Co vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:24 pm am i the only one worried by sir les at the back, i dont see him as an improvement on balbuena , maybe more of a threat on goal but he seems to think he's some ball playing centre back.

in every game he's looked like the one to make a rick or trip over his boot laces, doesnt fill me with confidence and unless balbuena is injured i should imagine he's feeling a little unlucky to lose his place.

Also we are toothless up front and would like to see more of the young kid who came on who looks like a bit of a unit, someone with more knowledge can tell me how he's done in the reserves.

Other than that thought it was a decent performance on a dodgy pitch and another 1-0 win, how many is that for the season, more like the Le Arse of old and frankly i dont mind that.

Burnley will be a much tougher nut to crack.
I thought Dawson did OK , although I must admit I thought it was a bit rich when he tried to impersonate Lionel Messi in the incident you refer to. In fact I've been pleasantly surprised with his performances in the games he's played so far. Probably a better choice than Balbuena last night as I doubt if the pitches in Paraguay are quite as , errr damp, as last night's.

Your concerns about our toothlessness are the same as mine but I think the issues are more to do with our lack of guile in midfield, particularly when Fornals isn't there. For me Benrahma and Lanzini would have been more use last night peeling the oranges. And Yarmolenko could have sorted out the plates.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I fell asleep at one point in the first half .

A good strong cuppa at half time assisted by Dawson’s Mr Tumble-style impression of Frank Beckenbaur woke me up .

The second the goal went in the tv was off and I was up the stairs .
A borefest but a necessary borefest.

Hopefully we’ll stuff the Donkeys so we can play the kids in the 5th round defeat to the Sky boys .
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:10 pm I fell asleep at one point in the first half .

A good strong cuppa at half time assisted by Dawson’s Mr Tumble-style impression of Frank Beckenbaur woke me up .

Hopefully we’ll stuff the Donkeys so we can play the kids in the 5th round defeat to the Sky boys .
I love your 5th round optimism 🤣🤣🤣
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:15 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:10 pm I fell asleep at one point in the first half .

Let’s face it , doing that draw the way they did last night has taken away any 4th round-day excitement out of it completely and Liverpool and Man Utd can battle it out at Anfield happy in the knowledge that David Moyes has never ever EVER managed an away team to win at either Anfield OR Old Trafford and this time takes a club there that have only won once or twice at either ground in the last fuck nose how many decades .

May as well play the kids against Doncaster and get something good coming out of the whole abortion of a competition.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:35 pm

Let’s face it , doing that draw the way they did last night has taken away any 4th round-day excitement out of it completely and Liverpool and Man Utd can battle it out at Anfield happy in the knowledge that David Moyes has never ever EVER managed an away team to win at either Anfield OR Old Trafford and this time takes a club there that have only won once or twice at either ground in the last fuck nose how many decades .

May as well play the kids against Doncaster and get something good coming out of the whole abortion of a competition.
On the subject of the draw many years ago my old man told me that one season back in the early 60s there was a massive country wide freeze that started just before Christmas and went on well into March. There was no football played at all but the F A, in their usual muddle headed way, continued with the tradition of doing the cup draw on the Monday after the games were, or in this case should have been, played.

As you can imagine there were some bloody long winded fixtures that came out. I think he said that the last draw before antone had played their mayches was the sixth round. Fucking priceless. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:16 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:44 pm

Have not conceded a goal with Dawson at the back yet.
thought this would come up and its hard to argue against H, just have a nagging doubt about sir les and feel balbuena has been hard done by. As mentioned in the grand scheme of things if we keep a clean sheet and keep nicking a 1-0 .......i'll find something else to whine about :D
I believe Balbuena was injured, Dawson came in, Balbuena is now fit but Dawson and now holds the place until he makes a mistake and is dropped.....that breeds competition and in my opinion is the right thing to do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:35 pm

You ain’t wrong mate. Just made me chuckle the way you put it 🤣🤣🤣
COYI!!!

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:26 am
Dagger wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:21 am that pitch was not for the like of Ben or Lanz and the longer it went on the more pond like it got

will hold back judgement and hope they both are on the pitch at the same time against Burnley
The pitch was no worse for those two than it was for Rice who was his normal excellent self. I thought there were a couple of Stockport midfielders who looked better than those two tbh.
agree whiskey

but both Ben and Lanz are tippy tappy and dragbacks that does not work in these conditions
but take the point that others did better, but put them on a premier league pitch and watch them get there pants pulled down, they are a lower division player for a reason

as for Rice he bulldozed himself around, his a no-nonsense type of player as well as having skill

thought it was like the old duck pond at chelski about as many supporters over there as well :lol:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Thought Nobes played alright........5-4-3-2-1.........and................. :lol:

A few clubs would have scrapped a win last night... Stockport were Brilliant, well done..

One thing last Night ..Declan,Fast becoming the best player in the league...I don't think there's one Player I'd
swap him for.

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:54 pm Thought Nobes played alright........5-4-3-2-1.........and................. :lol:

A few clubs would have scrapped a win last night... Stockport were Brilliant, well done..

One thing last Night ..Declan,Fast becoming the best player in the league...I don't think there's one Player I'd
swap him for.
Very bold statement there MK 😃
COYI!!!