West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:16 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:30 am Hope our win against Viborg will kick start our season and we need to end the Brighton nightmare as we never win against them in the Premier League since their promotion in 2016 and hope that will end. On a plus side we will have a better defensive shape with Kehrer and Ogbonna back in tour squad. Rice will be back refresh and hope he will be given a top performance to make up from last week defeat. Cresswell will be back and hope he will be more sharper this time. Cornet MUST start as he was excellent against Viborg with Benrahma in middle of the attacking midfielder. Moyes must decide who will be the striker on Sunday.....Antonio or Scamacca? Hope Benrahma will continue his excellent form if West Ham want to keep him.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Zouma
Kehrer
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek

Bowen
Benrahma
Cornet

Antonio or Scamacca

We need to end the winless run against Brighton as they are the toughest side to beat after they had a good start. We need to be man up and be counted and not to let them bullied us.,

COYI!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
If Kehrer and Scamacca start I will be surprised, Moyes, for some reason hates startimg new recruits early on. Now I think it will be more difficult to show any balls and go against his norm cause he thinks the tried and tested is safer
Moyes is too pop-eyeed to start new recruit but following our crap home defeat against the scum, Moyes need to man up and be counted and not repeat the same squad (except Kehrer as Dawson was still injured).
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:44 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:53 am

I was referring to Johnson
:lol:
Sorry mate, just didn't realise. :lol:

In my defence it was late and alcohol was involved in the two and a half hours or so before visiting the forum. I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again. :)
Tbh,you speak with sensible logic Whiskyman.I suppose a lot of people think I'm going over the top and he will sort it out.The reason I say this,is because Moyes has his own mindset and he won't listen to anyone else.He plays one way and will continue to do so.Sometimes you need to change things and he isn't going to do that,because his stubborn.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

It concerns me that Moyes and his staff seemingly learnt fuck all from the BHA game end of last season.
Set up exactly the same, Potter is a good coach, but fuck me, he's not how some are portraying him.
Brighton game on Sunday was damning for Moyes and his coaches IMO.
We desperately need a Berkovic/Benayoun/Payet type or we are toast this season for anything other than as we were.