West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Post by eskimo joe »

Reading all that has been said only leaves me thinking that most are looking at things from different view points whilst skirting on the edges of other scenarios-

Yes Sullivan has liked to have his paws on transfers, and the very first time he lets go Moyes fucks it up. Being the devils advocate here and by no means saying it is true- Isnt it at all possible that bringing in Steidten Sullivan, or other parties, are paving the way for a more up to date way of doing things?( As mentioned by Flat cap Dave) A bit late maybe, but better late than never. Christmas might shine a light on matters more.

I think they would have got rid of Moyes earlier were it not for how we were placed in the CL, a case of not rocking the boat. Chancey yes, but we survived the drop. Now it could be a case of riding it out and keeping an eye on matters.

It does seem like the appearance of Steidten is too much to be coincidence, which seems , to me anyway, that it has been in the works for quite a few months. What the actual plans are we can only presume, but as has been said by others, S and M cant really work together so...............
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:51 pm Reading all that has been said only leaves me thinking that most are looking at things from different view points whilst skirting on the edges of other scenarios-

Yes Sullivan has liked to have his paws on transfers, and the very first time he lets go Moyes fucks it up. Being the devils advocate here and by no means saying it is true- Isnt it at all possible that bringing in Steidten Sullivan, or other parties, are paving the way for a more up to date way of doing things?( As mentioned by Flat cap Dave) A bit late maybe, but better late than never. Christmas might shine a light on matters more.

I think they would have got rid of Moyes earlier were it not for how we were placed in the CL, a case of not rocking the boat. Chancey yes, but we survived the drop. Now it could be a case of riding it out and keeping an eye on matters.

It does seem like the appearance of Steidten is too much to be coincidence, which seems , to me anyway, that it has been in the works for quite a few months. What the actual plans are we can only presume, but as has been said by others, S and M cant really work together so...............
The thing is, Steidten and Moyes most likely can work together. But, the manager always has to have final say on a player being signed or not. A situation where a manager, be it Moyes or whoever, says "nah, I'm not keen on this lad" but the Technical Director says "tough shit, you're getting him anyway" will never work.

I can see a situation where we move Moyes on and bring in a German manager, who is more aligned with Tim Steidten. As mentioned, Moyes won't have a shortage of options when it comes to clubs who will give him a job and allow him to work within the parameters he feels comfortable with. He'll be fine.

It's us I'm worried about.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:01 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:08 pm

I genuinely believe he was the reason we got Scamacca, Paqueta, Aguerd and Kehrer last year. Thought he was getting the boot though coz we brought in Tim Whatshisface. I wouldn’t be blaming either of those 2 for our shitshow of a transfer window. I put all that on Moyes. And because of that, Sullivan has to take a share of the blame too as he’s the one who hires and fires.
You will find the Moyes lovers will say he has nothing to do with transfers.🤔🤦‍♂️

It will never work Steiden/Moyes as one will want to bring in young blood up and coming and the other PL experienced expensive signings.
Which is probably why we have done nothing as no one can agree the strategy. Embarrassing!
When Steidten came to the club,many of us fans said it would never work with Moyes and it's proving to be right.Two completely different thinkers in the way the game is played.

Confused,mixed up thinking.We are run by an idiot.He has to take the full blame for this mess,nobody else.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

19 yo Borges from Man City turned down top German side to sign for the Hammers. True?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Towie

Post by Towie »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:04 pm 19 yo Borges from Man City turned down top German side to sign for the Hammers. True?
Not until it on official website, and I don’t mean C&H.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:08 pm

I genuinely believe he was the reason we got Scamacca, Paqueta, Aguerd and Kehrer last year. Thought he was getting the boot though coz we brought in Tim Whatshisface. I wouldn’t be blaming either of those 2 for our shitshow of a transfer window. I put all that on Moyes. And because of that, Sullivan has to take a share of the blame too as he’s the one who hires and fires.
You will find the Moyes lovers will say he has nothing to do with transfers.🤔🤦‍♂️

It will never work Steiden/Moyes as one will want to bring in young blood up and coming and the other PL experienced expensive signings.
Which is probably why we have done nothing as no one can agree the strategy. Embarrassing!
I’m sure Steidten would have done his due diligence on Moyes and k ew what he was coming into. If it comes down to a him or me situation the dwarf will have to make a decision,
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

FlatCapDave wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:24 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:51 pm Reading all that has been said only leaves me thinking that most are looking at things from different view points whilst skirting on the edges of other scenarios-

The thing is, Steidten and Moyes most likely can work together. But, the manager always has to have final say on a player being signed or not. A situation where a manager, be it Moyes or whoever, says "nah, I'm not keen on this lad" but the Technical Director says "tough shit, you're getting him anyway" will never work.

I can see a situation where we move Moyes on and bring in a German manager, who is more aligned with Tim Steidten. As mentioned, Moyes won't have a shortage of options when it comes to clubs who will give him a job and allow him to work within the parameters he feels comfortable with. He'll be fine.

It's us I'm worried about.
The first sentence of your last paragraph is where I stand. I don't think he has any direct business with Moyes, and if he has it will only be minimal.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Towie wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:33 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:04 pm 19 yo Borges from Man City turned down top German side to sign for the Hammers. True?
Hammers News. On there we're into enough new signings to fill 3 or 4 teams :D And that's with all the guys we're getting rid of as well :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:04 am
Towie wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:33 pm

Hammers News. On there we're into enough new signings to fill 3 or 4 teams :D And that's with all the guys we're getting rid of as well :D
I read that, don't know why TBH as I know roughly what is being served. They write like they are penning a bedtime story and repeat facts over and over just incase us lot haven't already got the picture.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:37 pm

I’m sure Steidten would have done his due diligence on Moyes and k ew what he was coming into. If it comes down to a him or me situation the dwarf will have to make a decision,
I’m sure he did, but he must have also been given some assurances about his role what he can/can’t do.

Not much joined up thinking going on as per usual by the dwarf.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.