West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

Down under mick wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:22 am 3 West ham Brighton 1 you pessimistic cunts :lol: whufc_crest
Of course.

It's about closing time down there yes ?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Down under mick wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:22 am 3 West ham Brighton 1 you pessimistic cunts :lol: whufc_crest
Your computers keyboard appears dodgy , must be due to the fact your permanently living upside down , you really do need to get it serviced on a regular basis .
Can I get your advise ( asking for a friend called David ;) ) what selections and tactics would you employ for the starting eleven ? .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:00 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:38 am

Problem is Joe we are bloody useless when it comes to trying to dictate play. Our game is based on counter attack and, as a lot of people have pointed out, we don't seem able to find a plan B. Another defeat on the cards I fear, my one hope being that I'm not good at predictions. ;)
Our Plan A which is as you say is counter attacking football hasn't worked since Christmas ( was surprised it worked at all with our lack on pace/creativity in midfield and the squad , but I suppose hoofing up the pitch is another option ) , and it didn't work prior to that against a few clubs anyway , but we still continue to employ to this day .
Moyes came to the club wanting to build on the policy in the Red Bull model , which is as far as I can make out is an aggressive brand of attractive football at a high intensity , to be active with and without the ball . The goal is to maintain a high level of speed and verticality throughout their game . When the opponent has the ball, they usually employ a high and aggressive pressing strategy. During their own possession phases they permanently try to get runners behind the opponent’s defence.
Most transfer types are either promotions from internal youth teams , loans , or free transfers and on average 22.37 years old .
Somehow Moyes has forgotten what he actually wanted to do here or just isn't capable .
I've always understood "The Red Bull Model" to refer more to the way the club recruits and develops rather than an actual playing style. But I've not noticed any similarity in our recruitment with the way Leipzig do theirs. Words are cheap, I think the saying is.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:09 am
Clayton wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:00 am

Our Plan A which is as you say is counter attacking football hasn't worked since Christmas ( was surprised it worked at all with our lack on pace/creativity in midfield and the squad , but I suppose hoofing up the pitch is another option ) , and it didn't work prior to that against a few clubs anyway , but we still continue to employ to this day .
Moyes came to the club wanting to build on the policy in the Red Bull model , which is as far as I can make out is an aggressive brand of attractive football at a high intensity , to be active with and without the ball . The goal is to maintain a high level of speed and verticality throughout their game . When the opponent has the ball, they usually employ a high and aggressive pressing strategy. During their own possession phases they permanently try to get runners behind the opponent’s defence.
Most transfer types are either promotions from internal youth teams , loans , or free transfers and on average 22.37 years old .
Somehow Moyes has forgotten what he actually wanted to do here or just isn't capable .
I've always understood "The Red Bull Model" to refer more to the way the club recruits and develops rather than an actual playing style. But I've not noticed any similarity in our recruitment with the way Leipzig do theirs. Words are cheap, I think the saying is.
May surprise you to learn they also have a particular brand of football .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:09 am

May surprise you to learn they also have a particular brand of football .
Must admit I've never seen the original (Salzburg) model. Would surprise me to a certain extent if Leipzig have kept the same style over the past few years as during that time they've had 4 different coaches, Rangnick, Nagelsmann, Marsch and now Tedesco. I would assume, maybe wrongly, they have all tried to introduce their own particular preferred style.

I only watch the Bundesliga highlights so I happily admit I 'm no authority on their playing style.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Antonio To Lead The Line | 4-2-3-1 West Ham United Predicted Lineup Vs Brighton via @OneFootball. Read it here:

https://onefootball.com/editorial/35671737?language=en

We are screwed before a ball has been kicked in anger.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:19 pm Antonio To Lead The Line | 4-2-3-1 West Ham United Predicted Lineup Vs Brighton via @OneFootball. Read it here:

Because ?
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well I guess if Fabianski dives the wrong way we are laughing.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:57 pm Well I guess if Fabianski dives the wrong way we are laughing.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I just noticed that , apologies.

Better go tell Gonzo … what a shit website :D
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:19 pm Antonio To Lead The Line | 4-2-3-1 West Ham United Predicted Lineup Vs Brighton via @OneFootball. Read it here:

Makes me laugh how people know the lineup already
COYI!!!