Protest Details.

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Protest Details.

Post by hd1 »

Interesting to see the Boards mouthpiece talking about the protests and them selling up. https://www.claretandhugh.info/

They have been trying to push J Albert Smith into buying them out for some time now and there is certainly interest, but as always with Sullivan he insists on maximising the return which is a sticking point.

That said, with pressure mounting and the threat of relegation becoming more each game, he may well have to take a hit against his valuation. Could be an interesting month or so especially if they dont get players in.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

hd1 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:43 pm Interesting to see the Boards mouthpiece talking about the protests and them selling up. https://www.claretandhugh.info/

They have been trying to push J Albert Smith into buying them out for some time now and there is certainly interest, but as always with Sullivan he insists on maximising the return which is a sticking point.

That said, with pressure mounting and the threat of relegation becoming more each game, he may well have to take a hit against his valuation. Could be an interesting month or so especially if they dont get players in.
It’s been mentioned by many that GSB may be playing a waiting game with LLDC for things to become so desperate that they may get to buy the stadium dirt cheap.
The irony that Tripp Smith and whoever he may be representing could well be doing the same with Sulligold and their shares?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Interesting short piece from Sullivan’s mouthpiece website.....
https://www.claretandhugh.info/will-the-protests-work/
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:13 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:57 am

Don't you think a boycott would be more effective if it happened at a home game.? Alternatively a Man United style "walkout" at a selected home match, one that's on T V for maximum impact, would create a lot of media attention if it happened early enough in the game and wasn't just part of the usual rush for the exits 15 minutes or so before the end.
A home game is better as its probably not fair on the other clubs to do at their ground. But the next protest is planned for Anfield. And as for a walkout the timing is everything. Club spin would be that the fans always leave when we're losing. :)
That's why I suggested the 10th minute on another thread. And yes, I know we could well be 2 or 3 down by then already.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:19 pm Interesting short piece from Sullivan’s mouthpiece website.....
Clearly a basic grasp of economics is something the writer of that piece lacks. :lol:

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:29 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:19 pm Interesting short piece from Sullivan’s mouthpiece website.....
Clearly a basic grasp of economics is something the writer of that piece lacks. :lol:
It’s probably come direct from David Gold so you’re probably right 😆
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

I don’t think for one second that piece is even remotely written with a focus on them potentially selling up.
This is what we see time and again..... C&H being used to “soften us up” for more bad news.... in this case the upcoming carnage should relegation occur.

The theory that “relegation might be a necessary evil for a greater good” is one that Sulligold may even like to see spread as they’re hoping for anything to cool the anger.
Last edited by ToneLoc on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:38 pm

I don’t think for one second that piece is even remotely written with a focus on them potentially selling up.
This is what we see time and again..... C&H being used to “soften us up” for the carnage that’s coming our way if relegation happens.

The theory that “relegation might be a necessary evil for a greater good” is one that Sulligold may even like to see spread as they’re hoping for anything to cool the anger.
The bit that made me chuckle was £40 million being required to keep the club afloat. The sad thing is that no doubt a sizeable number of people will swallow that as gospel.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:44 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:38 pm
This is what we see time and again..... C&H being used to “soften us up” for the carnage that’s coming our way if relegation happens.

The bit that made me chuckle was £40 million being required to keep the club afloat. The sad thing is that no doubt a sizeable number of people will swallow that as gospel.
I know :lol:
Their tactics are so transparent it’s pure comedy.
They’ve become a parody of themselves.
The “Spinal Tap” of English football.

Edit: Aside from their hilarious incompetence there IS a very serious side effect of which threatens the very survival of our football club.
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:48 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:44 pm

I know :lol:
Their tactics are so transparent it’s pure comedy.
They’ve become a parody of themselves.
The “Spinal Tap” of English football.

Edit: Aside from their hilarious incompetence there IS a very serious side effect of which threatens the very survival of our football club.
Which appears to have been discussed on this morning's Sunday Supplement. I always record that and will watch it later.