West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:54 pm
hd1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:39 pm

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 76850.html

"I am really keen to add to it, the board are with me they want to add as well they are they’re very supportive. So it’s actually trying to identify the right players and bring in players who we would really like to bring here and go on the rest of the journey so we will keep looking and hopefully something will appear for us in the last couple of weeks.”
They are merely words, and so far all we seen come in is youth

When you see derisory offer from the offset you wonder just how serious the board think our situation is, or if they, "Sullivan" really cares so long as we are in a good position. Words are cheap , as cheap as his offers, actions are louder.
What we know now is Moyes, plays it cagey.
Our transfer details are not all over the media now, so I’m guessing something will happen and it won’t be any of the players the click bait sites are touting.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:57 pm
hd1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:53 pm

Perhaps we should get Carroll back, he's only a short term contract at Reading :roll:
That's your opinion....but I probably wouldn't even thought of such a fucking stupid idea
I bet Stumpy's on the blower as we speak.
" Come back Andrew, there's free Bupa in it for ya"
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Just got in after watching that fucking debacle
I’ll tell you now get rid of Diop ,Massuaku and Thatcunt Yarmalenko all fucking two bob
Lanzini was fucking shit today so what’s he do take fucking Fornals off beggars belief imo
Antonio other one who was dogshit

Carrying fucking passengers has to stop

Dirty Leeds cunts are no go great shape but took their chances we topped up chasing a fucking draw at best

Reinforcements are required lively.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:35 pm After a decent run we had a bad day at the office today.

The same players who had been holding things together recently collectively had poor games, but that said Leeds have played 2 games since 18 December compared to our 7, and we played mid-week so is it any wonder their energy levels were substantially higher today?

It will and should even out with the teams around us with their games in hand so hopefully not too much damage done.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course but the folly of not resting a few for that bloody cup game, knowing we had 2 league games coming up quickly, has come back to bite us on the arse.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:30 pm
hd1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:35 pm After a decent run we had a bad day at the office today.

The same players who had been holding things together recently collectively had poor games, but that said Leeds have played 2 games since 18 December compared to our 7, and we played mid-week so is it any wonder their energy levels were substantially higher today?

It will and should even out with the teams around us with their games in hand so hopefully not too much damage done.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course but the folly of not resting a few for that bloody cup game, knowing we had 2 league games coming up quickly, has come back to bite us on the arse.
It's not hindsight, it's reacting to in game management. In the first half both Diop and Cofal were very below standard. That's simply the evidence of your own eyes. Was either replaced ?

Whereas, Biesla was quite happy (ruthless) to substitute a substitute. Moyes has always been piss poor at game management, which is why I have never rated the bloke. I'm not disputing his coaching credentials but actual management in a live situation he is simply not agile enough. Never has been.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

It's no coincidence that the games where we haven't been at it are the one's that our opponents have had plenty of rest due to playing the Covid game.

Southampton had 10 days rest before we played them and got a similar result to today.

When we played Arsenal and Spurs,they'd had plenty of rest prior to one game before playing us.

We have played ALL our games over a congested period and it hasn't done us any favours at all.

Yes,we are also entitled to a few bad days has well.

Leeds fully deserved their victory today and tbf to them,they had a lot of players missing..Maybe Moyes should be rotating a bit more and mixing a few youngsters instead of using the same "Dead on their feet XI"?
Last edited by terrya1965 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:44 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:30 pm

It's not hindsight, it's reacting to in game management. In the first half both Diop and Cofal were very below standard. That's simply the evidence of your own eyes. Was either replaced ?

Whereas, Biesla was quite happy (ruthless) to substitute a substitute. Moyes has always been piss poor at game management, which is why I have never rated the bloke. I'm not disputing his coaching credentials but actual management in a live situation he is simply not agile enough. Never has been.
My main criticism is that we knew there were two league games scheduled following the cup game. So I find it a bit disingenuous that Moyes is now mentioning fixture congestion as a factor. It may well be, but we could have reduced the impact of it by rotation and using squad players in the cup game.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:13 pm

My main criticism is that we knew there were two league games scheduled following the cup game. So I find it a bit disingenuous that Moyes is now mentioning fixture congestion as a factor. It may well be, but we could have reduced the impact of it by rotation and using squad players in the cup game.
Could of played the whole u23’s against Norwich, would still have been the same result.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:13 pm

Yes, he talks about having the Norwich game squeezed into the schedule,but doesn't acknowledge his preferences in using the exact same set of players in both games.
And when it was clearly not panning out - after 30 mins - not changing personnel to make a course correction.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Gonna sit down and watch it later. I've gone through the last few pages on here and I don't think I saw the word complacency. Might be a few lads playing who thought it was going to be a walk in the park and are getting too far in front of themselves. Shame but its human nature to most but not the elite. And we aint elite.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............