Where does Fabianski rank?

Chat about anything football related here!
BCHammer

Where does Fabianski rank?

Post by BCHammer »

We have actually had some good keepers at this club, I dont remember Parkes, but we've had Ludo, Green, Shaka and even James statistically is one of the all time greats (if you can believe that).

Maybe we need to see a bit more of our current #1, but he seems to be in Pole position (ha!) for HOTY and certainly our best value signing of the summer. He has been superb for us so far, won us many points, and on current form I would argue he is the best keeper in London at the moment (Ben Foster may disagree but technically he plays in Herts anyway), which would make him top 3-4 in the league.

How would you rank our keepers of the last 20 years?

Down under mick

Re: Where does Fabianski rank?

Post by Down under mick »

BCHammer wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:02 am We have actually had some good keepers at this club, I dont remember Parkes, but we've had Ludo, Green, Shaka and even James statistically is one of the all time greats (if you can believe that).

Maybe we need to see a bit more of our current #1, but he seems to be in Pole position (ha!) for HOTY and certainly our best value signing of the summer. He has been superb for us so far, won us many points, and on current form I would argue he is the best keeper in London at the moment (Ben Foster may disagree but technically he plays in Herts anyway), which would make him top 3-4 in the league.

How would you rank our keepers of the last 20 years?
Would Mervyn day be in there somewhere i know down the list i just remember seeing him on tv over here back in the 70s he seemed pretty spectacular back then

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Horses for courses really. Think Parkes, Ludo, Day or fabianski in their or on their day fit the bill. Its really down to ones own view. Fabs has saved as on numerous occasions, Day won the FA cup. Ludo was merely a great keeper. Parkes was England material.

How many England keepers we had. James, Parkes all be it minor, Shilton and Green out of them 4 i would choose Parkes. Didnt Parkes even score a goal from his area for us. So on that criteria i will opt for him. Fabs still one in the making.
Last edited by eskimo joe on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

i put my hands up on this one i thought we could have done better commands his box well great shot stopper i regard him very highly now up with our best keepers

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BoleynBadges wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:29 am i put my hands up on this one i thought we could have done better commands his box well great shot stopper i regard him very highly now up with our best keepers
This .

He keeps it up for a prolonged period of time he’ll be up there with Parkes & Grotier .

:D
Bring back Jonathon !

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

No idea where he ranks because it's his first season but along with Diop and Anderson,he has been a " gem " of a signing.
That save in the first min on Friday night was top class. I know it ht his face but Babbel was waiting and waiting for Flappy to go to ground and Flappy just crouched down low nd made himself a huge target at close range. Quality moment !!
And the angle he came out made the striker indecisive.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

BoleynBadges wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:51 am
Nice vid. His personality is what we see between the sticks Steve.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Day started off well but then become a fucking liability,Mervyn Mervyn on your line ringing out round Upton Park
Parkes
Miklosko
Fabianski
Green

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:38 am Mervyn Mervyn on your line
Remember that well .
Bring back Jonathon !