West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Marco Boogers Boots

West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by Marco Boogers Boots »

Apologies for getting above my station and starting a match thread!! I'll not go too far, I'll leave Ibby to do the usual preview and start the predicted line ups.

Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to being there (not so much the flight!), hope to catch a few of you on the boats for a beer.

I'll get another apology in early. I've seen West Ham play Everton quite a few times over the years, home and away and I've never seen a win and just the one draw at home in 2015 (1-1, Lanzini and Lukaku scorers).

Ibbyham

Re: West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

I usually wait until all international matches done so that I can put the squad in. Glad that we all have players back clean bills of health which is positive for our push for the 7th spot which is stand 25% chance due to our tough away matches at Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham and Watford which I hardly find where the point is coming from as we do not have good away record this season. Hopefully Pellegrini will address that and make it better next season, like Bilic did.

Hopefully the game against Everton, we will be more tighter at the back but question is...will Bulbuena will replace Ogbonna who score the header that spark us to a win? Hope to get a 4-1-3-2 formation which is better.

Squad:

Fabianski

Frederick
Diop
Ogbonna/Bulbuena whichever Pelle will decide
Cresswell

Rice

Noble/Nasri
Snodgrass/Antonio
Anderson

Arnautovic/Chicharito

Going to be a tough game as Everton is our bogey team so I pinned for a 1-1 draw, a win is a bonus.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Marco Boogers Boots wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:50 am Apologies for getting above my station and starting a match thread!! I'll not go too far, I'll leave Ibby to do the usual preview and start the predicted line ups.

Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to being there (not so much the flight!), hope to catch a few of you on the boats for a beer.

I'll get another apology in early. I've seen West Ham play Everton quite a few times over the years, home and away and I've never seen a win and just the one draw at home in 2015 (1-1, Lanzini and Lukaku scorers).
Cheers mate, I always wait for international matches to be done with so that we can know if our players is avaiable for selection.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:26 am
Marco Boogers Boots wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:50 am Apologies for getting above my station and starting a match thread!! I'll not go too far, I'll leave Ibby to do the usual preview and start the predicted line ups.

Cheers mate, I always wait for international matches to be done with so that we can know if our players is avaiable for selection.
So why didn’t you this time ? It’s only Tuesday :lol:

And why isn’t Lanzini playing ? Is he getting injured tonight ?

:lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

It might well be a bit of a strange starting line up on Saturday. Felipe Anderson could well get a start for Brasil tonight and although he hasn't had to come to South America for his squad training might well be rested by Mr P. Also playing tonight will be Hernandez and Balbuena against each other so both face a long tiring journey back to be ready again for Saturday. Lanzini, I don't know if he will make the squad but again could arrive back late.
We could be looking at a team without our South American players starting, the likes of Nasri, Antonio, Snodgrass with Arnie up top could all get starts, so I am going for a draw as well, after a drab uninteresting match.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:43 am
Ibbyham wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:26 am
So why didn’t you this time ? It’s only Tuesday :lol:

And why isn’t Lanzini playing ? Is he getting injured tonight ?

:lol:
Sorry got a bit :mrgreen: at the moment...Lanzini could replace Snodgrass or Noble so Pellegrini had luxury of attacking midfielders to choose from....I would put Anderson, Rice, Lanzini and Snodgrass on midfielder berth with Antonio on front with Arnie/Chico whichever they are in a mood to come.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

generally a match i dread, primarily due to our awful record against Everton, coupled with the extraordinary unlikely number of Everton fans i know and get regular shit from. So the early season drubbing we gave them at theirs was welcome relief.

The run after this game is pretty shit, only compensated by the being safe from relegation. Am off to the Utd match which again is tempered by the roasting we gave them earlier this season, meaning whatever happens likely to get less shit from (my brother in law in particular) and the many others i know.

So for me this is a must win if we are not to let the season fizzle out as seems to be the case in recent matches.

Would defo get balbuana back , he needs game time, and probably bring in Nasri, lets see if he can influence a game from the start and is worth another punt next season.

I would also start arnie and bring on chico later, he earned his stripes as a super sub and still think this is where he is most effective.

other than that , pam has played a lot of games this season, why not try Holland or diangana from the start (although i think his early season promise has also fizzled).

7-9th is our realistic aim and for me would be a step in the right direction.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

There are only 3 names who must start - Fabianski, Cress & Rice.

The rest are all a crap shoot really.

Unpopular opinion maybe, but even Diop is not guaranteed a place and I could accept Balbuena coming in with Oggy if not too tired. Oggy always has a mistake in him, but so does Diop and the bloke quietly gets on with it and if you look at him, he really does have passion for this club.

Id go with

Fab
Fredericks Balbuena Oggy Cress
Noble Rice
Antonio Nasri Pam
Arnie

Tough to drop Lanzini, but I dont think he and Nasri can play together against a team like Everton & while Lanzini is a beauty to watch, he hasn't really produced anything, whereas Nasri has

Pam might need a rest, but still our best option - replace him with Chicharito at some point and revert to 4-4-2

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:35 pm generally a match i dread, primarily due to our awful record against Everton, coupled with the extraordinary unlikely number of Everton fans i know and get regular shit from. So the early season drubbing we gave them at theirs was welcome relief.

The run after this game is pretty shit, only compensated by the being safe from relegation. Am off to the Utd match which again is tempered by the roasting we gave them earlier this season, meaning whatever happens likely to get less shit from (my brother in law in particular) and the many others i know.

So for me this is a must win if we are not to let the season fizzle out as seems to be the case in recent matches.

Would defo get balbuana back , he needs game time, and probably bring in Nasri, lets see if he can influence a game from the start and is worth another punt next season.

I would also start arnie and bring on chico later, he earned his stripes as a super sub and still think this is where he is most effective.

other than that , pam has played a lot of games this season, why not try Holland or diangana from the start (although i think his early season promise has also fizzled).

7-9th is our realistic aim and for me would be a step in the right direction.
Our record was bloody awful against them,but in the last 9 games,it has improved..4 Wins,2 draws and 3 defeats..We have won our last 2 games,3-1.
Our Away records are similar,but our home record is quite decent.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Well this is a fixture that always makes me nervous. Let's face it, historically it is one that has not gone too well for us down the years.

Having said that, we won the last 2 encounters 3-1 on each occasion.

Over all, our record against Everton is 40 wins, 30 draws and 69 defeats.

Our biggest win against the Toffees was 4-0 in 1929 and again in 1961. Our biggest defeat was a 7-0 reverse in 1927.

West Ham are slight betting favourites in this game, and I do expect it to be a tightly contested affair.

We are 3-2-2 in our last 7 fixtures , which includes 3 wins in the last 3 home games as well as a draw at home to Everton's Merseyside neighbour's, Liverpool.

By contrast, Everton are 2-1-4 in their last 7 games, which includes i win and 2 defeats on the road. On that basis, youwould have to agree with the odds makers. Having said that, we have been woefully inconsistent for me, and still seem unable to peform for the full 90 mins. I can see this game petering out to a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.
Flairon