Manuel talking about how is he transforming us.

Chat about anything football related here!

ToneLoc

Re: Manuel talking about how is he transforming us.

Post by ToneLoc »

He really does like this “big club mentality” approach doesn’t he.
I’m still not sure where he’s going with this tbh.
Can you get average players to think and be like “big club” players just through mentality?
Are the owners investing like a “big club”?
The only “big club mentality” evidence I’ve witnessed of late are the negative symptoms of over confidence and arrogance that’s grossly disproportionate to the corresponding ability.

That said though..... I still think season 2 will be the big season to judge Pellegrini. He (should) knows his squad inside out now, he will have a whole summer to attend to business and prepare.
More of this next season and I think it’ll be generally judged as a disappointing failure.
The fans expect and are right to expect.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:51 am He really does like this “big club mentality” approach doesn’t he.
Can you get average players to think and be like “big club” players just through mentality?
The only “big club mentality” evidence I’ve witnessed of late are the negative symptoms of over confidence and arrogance that’s grossly disproportionate to the corresponding ability.

That said though..... I still think season 2 will be the big season to judge Pellegrini. He (should) knows his squad inside out now, he will have a whole summer to attend to business and prepare.
More of this next season and I think it’ll be generally judged as a disappointing failure.
Spot on.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Nice speech and well written by Sullivan.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:51 am He really does like this “big club mentality” approach doesn’t he.

Agreed. Big club mentality Manuel? How about you get the team to match the likes of Burnley, Cardiff and Brighton for desire, determination and effort because until you can get them to do that you're wasting your time trying to convince me that you can take this club to the next level. I'm losing faith in you Manuel, but you have the chance to change my mind.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:56 pm Nice speech and well written by Sullivan.
I’m not sure Pellegrini’s being dangled by the puppet strings mate.
Not yet at least.
Noble’s latest piece in the Evening Standard gives me more cause for concern. That reads almost like a club P.R statement and will bite him square on the arse if we turn in another Everton-esque performance this evening.
Yeah....."United"

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:26 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:56 pm Nice speech and well written by Sullivan.
Not yet at least.
Noble’s latest piece in the Evening Standard gives me more cause for concern. That reads almost like a club P.R statement and will bite him square on the arse if we turn in another Everton-esque performance this evening.
Tbh Tone, I think they employ their right man at the right time, if that makes sense.
Bilic, Moyes, and now Pelligrini are all managers who any team in the bottom half of the division wouldn't turn their nose up to. They're all decent enough at what they do (and apart from Pelligrini who was bankrolled by the Arab and won the premier league) would in all likelihood get you a top ten finish but no further.
They all however have one very similar trait.
They're all amiable blokes, who might well have the odd tantrum in the dressing room behind closed doors but in front of the media say all the right things that deflect any criticism away from the shysters.
Imho, they wouldn't go anywhere near a Mancini, or a gattuso or even a van gall in his prime for fear of either getting a slap or bringing the media down on top of them.
He may not be a patsy at the moment as you say, but this seasons transfer budget will tell us a lot.
Does he say fuck you I'm off you tight fisted cunts or carry on and take the flak from the fans for the inevitable mediocrity that will follow given the boards frugality.
I consider us as fans to be a patient lot, Christ knows we haven't won fuck all for 40 years! But I sense another Burnley turn out next season if the board have their way.
Last edited by Brookbonds73 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:03 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:26 pm
Not yet at least.
Tbh Tone, I think they employ their right man at the right time, if that makes sense.
I don’t doubt that mate.
Knowing Nanopolean’s megalomaniacal mindset I would assume there’ll be plenty of provisions in place to ensure that he ultimately remains in firm control.
I think Pellegrini is being given a more free reign than Bilic and Moyes however but this is based on that fact the Sullivan trusts Pellegrini more and not because Pellegrini has wrestled any control from Sullivan.
Yeah....."United"

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:07 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:03 pm

I don’t doubt that mate.
Knowing Nanopolean’s megalomaniacal mindset I would assume there’ll be plenty of provisions in place to ensure that he ultimately remains in firm control.
I think Pellegrini is being given a more free reign than Bilic and Moyes however but this is based on that fact the Sullivan trusts Pellegrini more and not because Pellegrini has wrestled any control from Sullivan.
You're probably right on the trust thing. Given that he's actually won things.
It will be interesting come the transfer windows just what he'll be given in the way of funds, I suspect the £25 mil isn't far off the mark, given their track record.
They've probably got a book with clauses the size of war and peace that pelligrini's had to sign, in order to keep shtum should it all go tits up.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:33 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:07 pm
I don’t doubt that mate.
You're probably right on the trust thing. Given that he's actually won things.
It will be interesting come the transfer windows just what he'll be given in the way of funds, I suspect the £25 mil isn't far off the mark, given their track record.
They've probably got a book with clauses the size of war and peace that pelligrini's had to sign, in order to keep shtum should it all go tits up.
Well.... if the KUMB report is anywhere near the mark and it IS MP pushing for the Dseko deal then this suggests that MP has already accepted that he’ll be scraping, begging, stealing and borrowing under this lot.
Yeah....."United"