Phil Jones

Chat about anything football related here!
Caboose

Phil Jones

Post by Caboose »

Just read that hes out of contract at end of season. Free signing right up Sullys street.

brookingslovechild

Re: Phil Jones

Post by brookingslovechild »

as a central defender he's bang average, but i seem to recall him playing defensive midfield in the past and actually seemed to suit his game. As a back up (for both positions) why not.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I did not realize that he is 27. He may be worth signing for his facial expressions alone.

Flairon

palerider

Post by palerider »

Do fuck off.

I'd sooner get Ginge back.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Caboose wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:06 am Just read that hes out of contract at end of season. Free signing right up Sullys street.
Funny, I thought Husillos as Director of Football was the one responsible for new signings?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

I'd take him. No nonsense, old fashioned English CB who's prepared to throw himself in front of everything and never gives less than 100%. Sure, he's got the odd glaring mistake in him, but so do all of our players tbf. Certainly an upgrade on Reid & Ogbonna and his versatility would make him very useful. He's a reet northern lad through and through and I guess a move down south might be a bit of an ask. I can see Everton being more likely suitors for him than us.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Flairon wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:09 am I did not realize that he is 27. He may be worth signing for his facial expressions alone.

I get your point and we should allow that he can't help how he looks...even if that's a bit Plug like, out of the pages of the Dandy comic.

As a footballer,he is a warrior type and someone who gives a fuck...and we are not big on that type - looking around the squad

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Has a record of injuries, prone to major lapses of concentration, not to mention ability. Sign him up, sounds an ideal West Ham recruit.

Fortunately I think Man United have an option to extend that contract which I hope to fuck they exercise. Just in case someone at the club is reading this.

But Juan Mata's contract is also up, not sure about any options, and that is one player who I would take from them, particularly as Nasri seems to be falling apart in front of our eyes.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:52 pm Has a record of injuries, prone to major lapses of concentration, not to mention ability. Sign him up, sounds an ideal West Ham recruit.

Fortunately I think Man United have an option to extend that contract which I hope to fuck they exercise. Just in case someone at the club is reading this.

But Juan Mata's contract is also up, not sure about any options, and that is one player who I would take from them, particularly as Nasri seems to be falling apart in front of our eyes.
Without wanting to provoke the ire of those reading here - with short tempers - I think he might be too sensible for the type of dressing room he would enter.

Football wise he would be bloody marvelous and a brilliant ambassador and role model for all those with gentle ears

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:52 pm Has a record of injuries, prone to major lapses of concentration, not to mention ability. Sign him up, sounds an ideal West Ham recruit.

I thought on another post we should be going after Mata but it's being reported today that Utd have offered a new contract and there is interest from several CL teams and apparently also Barca. That's a pecking order were not even on let alone being down! :lol:
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?