Maxi Gomez

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Maxi Gomez

Post by garnett »

Morning,

Although I know nish about Fornals or Gomez, the intent is admirable, but, the books have to be balanced, the only inquiries coming in are for players we should have no intention of selling, all we have done so far is balance the wage bill not the transfer bill.

My fear is that we will have to see off more squad players at a lesser price to fund buys, leaving our squad dangerously short AGAIN, unless a big offer comes in for a starting player that they wont be able to resist.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Parry Hotter wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:32 am Dont wanna be rude but aint it fucking amazing people whove seen players for a few minutes on dvd are saying things like they dont rate him. I bet Husilos and Pelle have seen these blokes live and know a lot more about them than us.
Don’t worry you ain’t being rude , and I trust our DOF implicitly so they will of course have seen a lot more of Gomez than most of us .
So , even though he ain’t half the player when Aspas is missing , they still want him .

He has to be special.
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Didn’t the crinkle faced dodgy cunt buy a player on the strength of a video.

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

His strike rate last season was about a goal every 2.5 games. I don't know enought about him to judge what sort of player he is. If the boss wants him, it's good enough for me I guess.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Gonzo wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:44 pm Looks a bit average to me.

I can see the allure of The Fornicator Fornals but the more I see of Gomez the less impressed I am. £29m up front seems a bit inflated.
Hope he is not a Zarate or Carroll or Valencia or Piquionne as it won't be worth to pay that much money if he is not scoring as a regular basis.

Need a striker that average a goal ever 2 games.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

€32.4m approx £29m offer from West Ham said to have been rejected, and club in no hurry for transfer.
http://sportwitness.co.uk/e32-4m-offer- ... -transfer/

Cant say I am all that bothered , this transfer just doesn't excite me like it should . :shock: now if we were talking Haller or Piatek who are valued the same in the market , my feelings would be entirely different .

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:16 pm €32.4m approx £29m offer from West Ham said to have been rejected, and club in no hurry for transfer.

Cant say I am all that bothered , this transfer just doesn't excite me like it should . :shock: now if we were talking Haller or Piatek who are valued the same in the market , my feelings would be entirely different .

I'm with you but I do find the fact that we have £30m to spend on a striker quite exciting.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Gonzo wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:23 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:16 pm €32.4m approx £29m offer from West Ham said to have been rejected, and club in no hurry for transfer.

I'm with you but I do find the fact that we have £30m to spend on a striker quite exciting.
Doesn't get you much these days I'm afraid.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:55 am Didn’t the crinkle faced dodgy cunt buy a player on the strength of a video.
He certainly did and it didn't turn out too well did it ? I make Mr Hotter right on this one. Too many people rushing to judgment because of what they've seen on a 5 minute video clip. Until Husillos shows he doesn't know what he's doing I'll rely on his judgment.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

His speed, strength and distribution may be a good fit for the Premiership, but I fear he may elect to go to Valencia.
Flairon