West Ham refuse to meet Fans Groups.

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: West Ham refuse to meet Fans Groups.

Post by Newmarket »

Do you lot not read the posts in this thread ?

Or from any of the HU or WHUISA threads ?

I’m really not surprised that these fans groups never seem to get anywhere ....

Mein Fuhrer , can’t you sort out a head shaking emoji of some description ???
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:50 pm Do you lot not read the posts in this thread ?

Maybe fan groups don't get anywhere because the majority of fans just want to watch the game and couldn't really give one about whether the walk to the stadium is festooned with West Ham paraphanalia or not. Perhaps the majority haven't been harassed by stewards and have never had their seat changed without consultation.

A beer or two before the game, hopefully a decent 90 minutes, and a safe journey home is all the vast majority want imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:47 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:50 pm Do you lot not read the posts in this thread ?

Maybe fan groups don't get anywhere because the majority of fans just want to watch the game and couldn't really give one about whether the walk to the stadium is festooned with West Ham paraphanalia or not. Perhaps the majority haven't been harassed by stewards and have never had their seat changed without consultation.

A beer or two before the game, hopefully a decent 90 minutes, and a safe journey home is all the vast majority want imo.

Indeed, but I wouldn’t mind doing that a cheaper. ;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Yes I do, hence why I have asked the question I did.

I also don't see why HU have refused to put anyone forward to represent them on the OSB. If they did and they were refused I could understand a little bit more the view that the OSB is not truly representative.

That's not denying their intentions are anything but good, but sometime you have to play the game

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

Stuff talking to the board, they don't listen anyway. I don't feel that the likes of SW represent me on any level, other than we're both West Ham supporters.

Keep a close eye on what the board are doing and if they keep their word. If they don't, 'do a Burnley'. It's what they fear the most.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

If I am part of a group that has 100,000 members and I am "selected" to go on the OSB I will have one voice and one vote. This would be equal to another group representing 200 hammers in a special interest group who also have one voice and one vote.

This does not represent the interests of all fans equally, it weights opinion towards smaller fan groups who are divided in their opinions.

Means no one group has any real power and they all argue amongst themselves about who is real

Very shrewd move by our political leaders

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

I think what it generally boils down to is that these type of movements tend to have more impact when being reactive and not proactive.
The thousands that assembled behind the RHWFAG group, the "non" march and the subsequent angry backlash we saw at the Burnley game were a reaction to a prolonged period of negativity and difficult times.

As you said Whisk, certain things have improved of late and this appears to have taken the "lid off of the pressure cooker" for those supporters that were simmering somewhat.
What these movements are asking for is for people to be "proactive". But history seems to demonstrate that, as a group of supporters, when it comes to tackling our owners we're not the most proactive bunch out there.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:41 am

I think what it generally boils down to is that these type of movements tend to have more impact when being reactive and not proactive.
The thousands that assembled behind the RHWFAG group, the "non" march and the subsequent angry backlash we saw at the Burnley game were a reaction to a prolonged period of negativity and difficult times.

As you said Whisk, certain things have improved of late and this appears to have taken the "lid off of the pressure cooker" for those supporters that were simmering somewhat.
What these movements are asking for is for people to be "proactive". But history seems to demonstrate that, as a group of supporters, when it comes to tackling our owners we're not the most proactive bunch out there.
As you have carefully dissected,the impasse is the owners and the supporters. What you are suggesting is, if the owners were different people and if the supporters were different people,then positive agreement on shared values,might be divided equally,so both would align.

However recognition of the shared differences (as they are) is a useful basis of at least negotiating a trade.

whu

Post by whu »

It's very hard work this but I admire people that give it a go. Tells you a lot about the club that they want all at arms length except Claret and Hugh. You can expect nothing but a 'non-opinion, board driven' set of comments from C+H. Meaningless. Like a communist news agency...

As touted, only direct action really works/makes the club take note.
Brown Out tells us this as did the build up to the aborted RWHFG aborted action.
I remember how few were prepared to get involed and act with Brown Out and that was a long time ago.
Good luck in 2019 lads - you'll more than have your work cut out.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Let’s face it the OSB are a hand picked spineless bunch that are music to the ears of the dildos.
No way would they upset the apple cart listening to fans that have an actual point.
Direct action is the only thing that would shake them but no one seems to be fucking arsed anymore.