Should we be more optimistic than last summer?

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Should we be more optimistic than last summer?

Post by Ibbyham »

21212, can't you been more optimistic???

Cos I can't see you being very optimistic shakeass
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Post by 21212 »

h69 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:45 am
21212 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:44 am

One up front formation he WAS the CF.
He played as a lone striker but that was not his position. Anyway, he was a decent player no doubt but we have signed better in Haller and I would put Fornals as a serious upgrade to Noble.

So based on those two alone and for your original question, yes I am more optimistic.
I have not looked at a clip of Haller so won't give my opinion yet. It seems worrying to me that no one else wanted him.
Formals I have not seen but I was under the impression he is a wide player. Noble replacement?

Post by 21212 »

Macca666 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:50 am
21212 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:18 am Sold our best CF.
No solution to appalling full back situation.

Signed young Spanish player.

Optimistic?
I think most of us are very optimistic about the new season, you on the other hand are a cunt so you'll be your usual predictable self.
West Ham fans are always optimistic pre season...... then always say they want the season to finish early come February!

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Not "we"

you fucking gimp
Covid in the Boardroom

HammerJammer

Re: I'm a spherical cuntox

Post by HammerJammer »

21212 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:18 am Is this why nobody ever talks to me at the Shyte Fart Stain Toilet Bowl?
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 »

21212 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:18 am Sold our best CF.
No solution to appalling full back situation.

Signed young Spanish player.

Optimistic?
"We" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

21212 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:54 am
h69 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:45 am

He played as a lone striker but that was not his position. Anyway, he was a decent player no doubt but we have signed better in Haller and I would put Fornals as a serious upgrade to Noble.

So based on those two alone and for your original question, yes I am more optimistic.
I have not looked at a clip of Haller so won't give my opinion yet. It seems worrying to me that no one else wanted him.
Formals I have not seen but I was under the impression he is a wide player. Noble replacement?
Can play right across the midfield so Rice, Fornals and Wilshere if fit or Rice, Fornals and Noble but the window is not closed yet

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

As a West Ham fan I have always been optimistic its in the blood . In reality our midfield and our fullbacks are just not good enough to take us forward . Noble ( age has caught up with him ) will not be able to play every match , Sanchez offers nothing , Snodgrass one paced , slow . Wilshere quality player , but how much game time will he be able to play , body is broken .
Can't deny we will have very good options in attack now with Lanzini - Anderson - Fornals - Yarmolenko - Antonio and especially now that Haller has been signed .But I am still worried that Rice does not have a decent partner so I can still see our midfield being overrun . Not going to go into detail but our fullbacks worry me .
Just hope their is still enough in the transfer kitty to go get Cuellar , he will be the game changer for us .

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

I’m optimistic and I’m one generally pessimistic fucker so things can’t be too bad.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:06 pm As a West Ham fan I have always been optimistic its in the blood . In reality our midfield and our fullbacks are just not good enough to take us forward . Noble ( age has caught up with him ) will not be able to play every match , Sanchez offers nothing , Snodgrass one paced , slow . Wilshere quality player , but how much game time will he be able to play , body is broken .
Can't deny we will have very good options in attack now with Lanzini - Anderson - Fornals - Yarmolenko - Antonio and especially now that Haller has been signed .But I am still worried that Rice does not have a decent partner so I can still see our midfield being overrun . Not going to go into detail but our fullbacks worry me .
Just hope their is still enough in the transfer kitty to go get Cuellar , he will be the game changer for us .
Maybe he would, I dont know much about him. We are slowly improving the squad but I still think it was always a three year plan once Pellegrini came in.

The way I look at it, as long as we are getting better each season and upgrading key positions then I am happy. i would rather be acquiring a couple of decent ones per summer window than tryikng to buy too many and water down the money available. Last season was an emergency