Should we be more optimistic than last summer?

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Should we be more optimistic than last summer?

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:53 am 21212, can't you been more optimistic???

Cos I can't see you being very optimistic shakeass
Don't worry about himself Ibbs...optimism is outside his range - you wouldn't expect a bowl of jelly to turn the lights on

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Arnie was unplayable a lot last season: when he was injured, when he was in a strop. In fact January through through April he might as well not have been here at all.
As for Kanoute being better than Ashton, they both scored as close as makes no difference to a goal every three games. Defoe 1 in 3, PDC 1 in every 2.5, Demba Ba better than 1 in 2, Arnautovic, again, 1 in 3.
In terms of goal returns Arnautovic the striker is nothing special.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Because of Haller (alair)..gotta get the songs right... :lol: bit more than last year,but was
really excited by the squad last season...till the injuries hindered us..

8th or below and will be be seriously disappointed....we really have to hit a Euro Quali this year..

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

The oxygen thief fuckNut starts a thread where he/she/it can comfortably post an opinion that is a polar opposite of the general view. Just call out the cunt for being a cunt, simples
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

garnett

Post by garnett »

Yes I am becoming more optimistic, I`m encouraged by our last 2 buy although I havnt seen them play, I`m pleased Chicarito is knuckling down and I am expecting him to get more game time and the return to fitness of Wilshire Yarmolenko and Reid have strengthened our squad.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

I’m certainly optimistic but I do think we’ll be needing to score plenty of goals to win games because our full back shortages still haven’t been addressed.
I can see us conceding chances like it’s going out of fashion down our defensive flanks, especially in the LB position.
We’re going to need Fab and our CD’s to be on top form.

But I do believe we have plenty of goals in us throughout the team so I’m looking forward to lots of high-scoring, white-knuckle rides !!
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

garnett wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 am Yes I am becoming more optimistic, I`m encouraged by our last 2 buy although I havnt seen them play, I`m pleased Chicarito is knuckling down and I am expecting him to get more game time and the return to fitness of Wilshire Yarmolenko and Reid have strengthened our squad.
Only if they all remain fit , and the likelihood of that happening is pretty much zero , they all have history in that department .

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

With Fornals & Haller........Hell Yeah ! ⚒

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Hammershark wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:32 am With Fornals & Haller........Hell Yeah ! ⚒
We were a lot more exciting going forward last season and with the acquisition of Fornals and Haller we should be even more so , I dare to say it , but it will have us screaming like little girls . :oops:

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

goodpost:) well said macca
Macca666 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:50 am
21212 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:18 am Sold our best CF.
No solution to appalling full back situation.

Signed young Spanish player.

Optimistic?
I think most of us are very optimistic about the new season, you on the other hand are a cunt so you'll be your usual predictable self.