My slight, niggling, concern about Pellegrini

Chat about anything football related here!
thomasswe

Re: My slight, niggling, concern about Pellegrini

Post by thomasswe »

Strikes was top top priority, and im happy with the signing of Fornals even if we maaaybe could have used the money for another position, the opportunity to sign him was likely too good to pass.

I said before im happy with Noble for another season ans it seems Pelle wants to deploy Wilshere is the same position, so hopefully we wont have to rely on Sanchez often.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

IronsForever wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:23 am Pellegrini wont change his system or pattern of play to address the weakness in the side which is good. He will show the Twins where we need players next season and hopefully we will be a solid unit both in attacking and defending. We deffo need another striker because Chico is slowing at his age and will probably leave on a freebie. They wont extend his contract seeing as he is on 140 a week. If fredericks dont go bombing forward too often he should have no trouble with his speed in seeing off any threat down that flank. The issue is when they double up on him and he has either Yarmelenko or Diangrana as cover. Both are not much help.
Pellegrini hasn't played his preferred system since he has been with us , as his preferred system requires 2 holding players in front of a back 4 . So I have no idea what he is doing with us , as he could have got one this window even Billings who is better then anything we have . In my eyes at the moment his insistence on playing all and sundry next to Rice is making us look poor , (though he has said that Wilshere will play there as he see's him as our Pirlo :roll: hope it works out for us ), the problem is our defence is getting the blame , thats just how I see it .

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Clayton wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 am
IronsForever wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:23 am Pellegrini wont change his system or pattern of play to address the weakness in the side which is good. He will show the Twins where we need players next season and hopefully we will be a solid unit both in attacking and defending. We deffo need another striker because Chico is slowing at his age and will probably leave on a freebie. They wont extend his contract seeing as he is on 140 a week. If fredericks dont go bombing forward too often he should have no trouble with his speed in seeing off any threat down that flank. The issue is when they double up on him and he has either Yarmelenko or Diangrana as cover. Both are not much help.
Pellegrini hasn't played his preferred system since he has been with us , as his preferred system requires 2 holding players in front of a back 4 . So I have no idea what he is doing with us , as he could have got one this window even Billings who is better then anything we have . In my eyes at the moment his insistence on playing all and sundry next to Rice is making us look poor , (though he has said that Wilshere will play there as he see's him as our Pirlo :roll: hope it works out for us ), the problem is our defence is getting the blame , thats just how I see it .
So he didn,t play with 2 holding players last season? He also sees Jack ads a holding mid player which is why he is sitting just in front of Rice. You had too much sun this summer clay?
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

IronsForever wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:55 pm
Clayton wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 am

So he didn,t play with 2 holding players last season? He also sees Jack ads a holding mid player which is why he is sitting just in front of Rice. You had too much sun this summer clay?
Maybe what I should have said was , we haven't played with any holding players good enough to play next to Rice . As for Wilshere next to Rice I just dont think it will work , he doesnt have the defensive qualities or the dynamic movement to play there . As for having to much sun this summer I reckon I have actually , because it's starting to sound like many of us know as much as Pellegrini or more . :lol: :lol: :lol:
But I honestly hope Wilshere next to Rice works , but just can't see it myself .

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Clayton wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:07 pm
Maybe what I should have said was , we haven't played with any holding players good enough to play next to Rice . As for Wilshere next to Rice I just dont think it will work , he doesnt have the defensive qualities or the dynamic movement to play there . As for having to much sun this summer I reckon I have actually , because it's starting to sound like many of us know as much as Pellegrini or more . :lol: :lol: :lol:
But I honestly hope Wilshere next to Rice works , but just can't see it myself .
I don't think Wilshere will play in a holding role. I'd imagine Pelle will play him at home, or away to weaker teams in a 4141. I really think when we need two holding players Sanches or maybe Noble will get the nod.
Ideally I think he wants a ball playing DM, who can step up and join the attack, but that's a £40m player in today's market.
I wouldn't be surprised if Husillos has his eye on someone for next summer, but as things stand I think we'll see that position rotated quite a bit.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:07 pm
They just don’t think they understand Clay :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Post by 21212 »

Very immature attitude from lots of supporters.
'I dont care about defence, let's play 8 attackers and win 7-6'.
The recruitment this summer has been terrible. Not one long term issue solved.

Wait 12 games in and everyone cwill be moaning.

No defence no team.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

21212 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:22 am Very immature attitude from lots of supporters.
'I dont care about defence, let's play 8 attackers and win 7-6'.
The recruitment this summer has been terrible. Not one long term issue solved.

Wait 12 games in and everyone cwill be moaning.

No defence no team.
So will you wait 12 games before moaning...or start before the bloody season has started or wait 1 game ?

I dare you not to moan for the first 11 games...

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh »

I agree wholeheartedly with the original post. Plus I enjoy watching a strong defense instead of atack, attack, attack. All the succeful teams throughout history have had a strong defensive system. Attacking attractive football yes but not at the expense of picking the ball out of our own net every 15 minutes.

Riceascaptain

Post by Riceascaptain »

Yeah let´s bring Sam Allardyce back!!! :o