West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
boxman

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by boxman »

+ sane is out (torn cruciate ligament)
+ playing at home
+ revenge from the smog

we'll have more possession this season and we'll make it count, a point would be great, with a bit of luck we could get 3

but tbf i'd settle for a competitive match

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

loonikng forward for the league to start, obviously any point against city would be a bonus.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Only missed one of our home games (last season) against Citeh in the last 9 years, the 2-1 win in 2014 when Song played his one good game and that 2-2 draw at The Bolyen were obviously the highlights, most other games we haven't really come close.

Tomorrow though I just want to see us play the way Pellegrini expects us to, on the front foot and making the most of possession when we have, not giving the ball away cheaply, and causing them problems going forward. Any result other than a loss would be a massive plus, but for me this game is all about performance.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Nice to know we're gonna have a go at them instead of sitting tight....attack best form of defence
at times.
They are a cracking side,not much we can do bout that,but are beatable,main thing is having that
attitude.
Love to see us score a couple and nick a 2-2,give us so much confidence,and with some "easyish"
games ahead,could well see ourselves knocking around the top 6/7 spots early doors...
and hopefully stay there..

Lets hope it's a game we can Enjoy...instead of sitting there with our head in our hands....

COYI......... :D

LondonWelsh

Post by LondonWelsh »

Looking forward to seeing the new lads and line up and I think We'll score in this one but City will score 3 more.

1-3 and as you were!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

lineup.png
lineup.png (124.1 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
3-2 Win , the fullbacks click and our attack are beyond believe , 2 goals for Haller and Lanzini gets the other , 2 assists for Fredricks and one for Anderson . Wilshere looks to have found his mojo and was sublime :shock:. MoM . Match of the season Man City were unbelievable , but just not good enough on the day ;) .
Well thats how I remember it from my dream . ;)

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

I want to see Antonio in the mix.

I cant see Lanzini or Anderson getting a sniff...need Michail's bursts to make any impression on this team of superstars.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Man City are the best team in the world in my book.Barcelona,PSG,Real and Juve have the best individuals,but has a team,City win hands down.They play for each other.We couldn't have a more difficult world fixture at home imo.

Saying that,this is the most confident I have ever been facing them at home since Pep took the reins.We do have a feast of attacking options and we will surprise a few this season,no matter what happens tomorrow.

If we lose narrowly and put on a decent performance against City,I think many of us would be content with that.If we get do get hammered by 4 or 5 though,we might just have to accept it.I just hope that this is not ingrained in our players minds has this has been the recurring nightmare at the London Stadium when City are in Town.

I would bite your hand off for a draw.Think we will give a good account of ourselves and lose 3-1 though.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Our season starts 17th August.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Clayton wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:28 am lineup.png

3-2 Win , the fullbacks click and our attack are beyond believe , 2 goals for Haller and Lanzini gets the other , 2 assists for Fredricks and one for Anderson . Wilshere looks to have found his mojo and was sublime :shock:. MoM . Match of the season Man City were unbelievable , but just not good enough on the day ;) .
Well thats how I remember it from my dream . ;)
Wilshere in the #6?!! For shame.