Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope West Ham will be prepared for this game and to end winless top flight against Bogey team, Brighton, who beat Watford 3-0 in opening game so hopefully Pellegrini can convinced his players to work as TEAM, not individual. Cresswell should be dropped and not sure if Anderson is fit by that time. Noble will be out and Wilshire should be fit and hope he performs like he did in pre-season.

Squad:

Fabianski

Fredericks
Bulbuena (c)
Diop
Masuaku

Wilshire
Rice

Fornals
Antonio
Lanzini

Haller

This team is capable to get anything and hope a better performance.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

jameskel

Re: Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by jameskel »

A very attractive line up. If that's how we start, we get played off the park. I count 7 players, who want to get forward.

Our business during the summer, has totally neglected the need to defend and I think we are going to struggle, against teams that work
Covid in the Boardroom

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Nicely started Ibbs...I see Arthur Masuaku as a catalyst for good things and that opinion might be over generous,but I think he provides a spark.

We certainly need to throw a double-six at the start and try and wrestle a 2-0 advantage before having our usual sleepy 15 mins spell that is somewhat the norm. During this siesta period it's down to game management and avoiding shooting ourselves in both feet.

I'm not as confident as a confident thing - like two weeks ago - but I'm not expecting a crash,bang,wallop disaster neither.

And with these conflicting emotions I'm going to slap £20 notes down...question is: is it on beer or a bet...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:48 am Nicely started Ibbs...I see Arthur Masuaku as a catalyst for good things and that opinion might be over generous,but I think he provides a spark.

We certainly need to throw a double-six at the start and try and wrestle a 2-0 advantage before having our usual sleepy 15 mins spell that is somewhat the norm. During this siesta period it's down to game management and avoiding shooting ourselves in both feet.

I'm not as confident as a confident thing - like two weeks ago - but I'm not expecting a crash,bang,wallop disaster neither.

And with these conflicting emotions I'm going to slap £20 notes down...question is: is it on beer or a bet...
I’d be waiting for 5 or 6 games before betting on West Ham if I was you BD :lol:

I say it every season but the most memorable thing about Hove was being marched up and down the beach by OB until even they were bored shitless .

And then discovering wooden boats burn good .
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:48 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:48 am Nicely started Ibbs...I see Arthur Masuaku as a catalyst for good things and that opinion might be over generous,but I think he provides a spark.

I’d be waiting for 5 or 6 games before betting on West Ham if I was you BD :lol:

I say it every season but the most memorable thing about Hove was being marched up and down the beach by OB until even they were bored shitless .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those were the days...... :twisted:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:52 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:48 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those were the days...... :twisted:
Needs must mate . Stranded in a strange town and freezing fucking cold ... I almost done a captain Oates :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The usual capitulation to this shower beckons.

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

Fabianski
Fredericks, Balbuena, Diop, Masuaku
Rice, Wilshere, Snodgrass
Antonio, Lanzini
Haller

I think we need a bit of bite and energy in midfield, as we didn't sign a young DM, i'd have to put Snodgrass in there.
This gives Wilshere a bit more freedom to go forward.
Fornals, Anderson, Yarmolenko options off the bench.
If Haller isn't fit id throw Ateji in.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Well they've got Graham Potter. We probably need Harry to get anything out of this one...again.

rottiel

Post by rottiel »

They will take the 3points for granted, we will win whufc_crest