Where's this site going?

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: Where's this site going?

Post by Gonzo »

Kalnor wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:31 pm I see nothing wrong with taking a project that you are truly passionate about to the next stage. Good luck to them. As long as they keep it entertaining and maintains some decent conversational topics I’ll stay onboard. I personally wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the YouTube channel and I like how they try to breakdown games in conversationally points. It’s easy to come out of a game and stick a camera under your mates face and wait for him to call the owner, manager or a player a cunt, some find that entertaining but it’s another thing to break down a match and give a detailed insight. Geo does that quite well with his obvious interest in stats, and when his bloody camera works, Gonzo brings a more passionate, and at times comical element. They seem to work well off each other as a pair. Both obversely communicate very well without the obvious ‘erm umm and you know’ after every sentence that a lot of youtubers find hard to control (yes I’m looking at you West Ham Fan TV) ;) (Don’t worry lads I’d be exactly the same)

I watch a lot of YouTube as I’m a Brit living in Norway. (Originally Dagenham). Football Daily, even the True Geordie and the ManU United Stand during transfer periods (I scrub myself raw in the shower afterwards on that one 🥴) but it’s sometimes the only way to get a true perspective of what’s happening in English football. Football channels have come along way and are getting more professional by the minute. News is changing all over the world with sport following suit. Why not have one of our own enjoy that success or atleast support them while trying to reach for it.

PS. I wouldn’t of known or donated to the Isle fund without West Ham Fan channels. For that alone is worth the time.
Very decent of you to write that mate, thank you.

On a separate note I love Norway. I used to work on cruise ships and we'd often stop over in Bergen whilst we waited for the next ship. Beautiful country, really nice people but very expensive pizza & beer.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

21212 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 pm Just seen a Gonzo video moaning about lack of press access for Hammeschat. Why?
When this site started it was 'sold' as a site with no commercial interests just an opportunity for mates to talk West ham. Really??? Why then is Gonzo looking at projected views (and wetting himself over a potential 8 million) for the social media videos? Does he plan to call all the viewers his friends?
Some would say, not me, that Gonzo is turning into Hammerschats own Graeme Howlett - a person who uses West ham to line his pockets - and Geos videos are look less and less like mates talking and more like (attempted) structured interviews to show off his ability to be the next Michael Parkinson.

Time to come clean. You know I called this site as a career move when it started, am I being proved correct? Is it still a football forum? Is it a social media vehicle for the CEO and COO to profit in exposure or finance?
JP/Danish is there any way that we can get a few additional arse smileys please?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Agree with everything all but one has said. He seems to be very selective of what he reads, or maybe to be fair what he omits. That just makes him look ill informed or has the lack of understanding plain English if the former. You would think he was being asked to dip his hands in his own pockets. But we all know the real reason, he talks out his arse most times. ( there are the odd occasions he makes sense) and does it cause he gets a rush.. Sad.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Jealousy is a horrible trait isn't it?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:21 am Agree with everything all but one has said. He seems to be very selective of what he reads, or maybe to be fair what he omits. That just makes him look ill informed or has the lack of understanding plain English if the former. You would think he was being asked to dip his hands in his own pockets. But we all know the real reason, he talks out his arse most times. ( there are the odd occasions he makes sense) and does it cause he gets a rush.. Sad.
What’s Ibby ever done to you ?

You Cunt .

:lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

One of the main tenets of a democracy is the right to freedom of speech. This thread has had plenty of opposing views and one of the virtues of this site seems to me, to be that even myopic views are aired, even though they are almost universally hated or ignored in equal measure. Long may the airing of all views that aren't harmful etc, be tolerated!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:04 pm
21212 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 pm Just seen a Gonzo video moaning about lack of press access for Hammeschat. Why?
When this site started it was 'sold' as a site with no commercial interests just an opportunity for mates to talk West ham. Really??? Why then is Gonzo looking at projected views (and wetting himself over a potential 8 million) for the social media videos? Does he plan to call all the viewers his friends?
Some would say, not me, that Gonzo is turning into Hammerschats own Graeme Howlett - a person who uses West ham to line his pockets - and Geos videos are look less and less like mates talking and more like (attempted) structured interviews to show off his ability to be the next Michael Parkinson.

Time to come clean. You know I called this site as a career move when it started, am I being proved correct? Is it still a football forum? Is it a social media vehicle for the CEO and COO to profit in exposure or finance?
If you don't like it actually fuck off for good
As suggestions go that's a pretty good one. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Post by 21212 »

Are you so naive to not understand that traffic to forums is worth money and forum owners reward the posters who create the most traffic. ;)

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

21212 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:05 am

Are you so naive to not understand that traffic to forums is worth money and forum owners reward the posters who create the most traffic. ;)
Chaprer 1, Verse 2
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Unless you're doing bonzo numbers no-one is making a living out of social media or forums.
Apparently 1 million YouTube views can earn North of £4000 from ads. The operative word there is can. A lot depends on the number and kind of ad.
I'd imagine YouTube is a lot more lucrative than this forum, but unless you're notching up 5 or 6 million views a year no-one is giving up their day job.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.