Where's this site going?

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

Re: Where's this site going?

Post by Gonzo »

21212 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:05 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:04 pm

If you don't like it actually fuck off for good

Are you so naive to not understand that traffic to forums is worth money and forum owners reward the posters who create the most traffic. ;)

For reasons of clarity I'll post this here for the last time. You have accused us previously of something quite defamatory regarding bank accounts and Betway. You probably should know that your anonymity is the only reason a legal letter did not find it's way to your letterbox.

I'd would suggest that you keep to football or I'll deactivate your account immediately.

The picture on the left is our monthly ad revenue for which we receive 50% .
The picture on the right is the monthly running cost of the site.

The £9 per month loss is fine by me and I could easily offset it by putting additional ads in the middle of the screen. I don't do this because it makes the forum jump around when loading and is quite annoying.

If you honestly think that you have some sort of monetary value to the site then you are sorely mistaken. If you suddenly vanished for good I doubt the revenue would change by tuppence (which I consider to be a fair valuation).

As for the YouTube stuff, I'm trying to purchase some streaming software called wirecast which is $699. We're using some free stuff at the moment which is why camera & stream quality has been poor. If we hit every target I might just make that revenue in a year and not have to dip into my own pocket. However the mic & Elgato capture cable will be an additional £200.

So please behave. If you feel the need to continue your vendetta against Diop, Anderson and whoever else you're quite within your rights to do so. But cut out the strangely obsessive personal crap.

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (120.42 KiB) Viewed 4971 times

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

So it's not going to Bognor for it's holidays then!?!
Flairon

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Gonzo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:42 pm

Are you so naive to not understand that traffic to forums is worth money and forum owners reward the posters who create the most traffic. ;)

For reasons of clarity I'll post this here for the last time. You have accused us previously of something quite defamatory regarding bank accounts and Betway. You probably should know that your anonymity is the only reason a legal letter did not find it's way to your letterbox.

I'd would suggest that you keep to football or I'll deactivate your account immediately.
...how will Ibbs gather enough material to finish his book/documentary...think of the children

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Is it not sad that Gonzo had to justify the existence of this sites income and expenditure to a poster who just wants to cause controversy.
Surely this is just disrespectful and an invasion of privacy to all those connected to Hammers Chat.
How ironic though, if he hadn't posted this crap, the site wouldn't of generated another 0.0002p from the 500+ clicks that it has received.

Post by 21212 »

The £9 per month loss is fine by me and I could easily offset it by putting additional ads in the middle of the screen. I don't do this because it makes the forum jump around when loading and is quite annoying.

If you honestly think that you have some sort of monetary value to the site then you are sorely mistaken. If you suddenly vanished for good I doubt the revenue would change by tuppence (which I consider to be a fair valuation).

As for the YouTube stuff, I'm trying to purchase some streaming software called wirecast which is $699. We're using some free stuff at the moment which is why camera & stream quality has been poor. If we hit every target I might just make that revenue in a year and not have to dip into my own pocket. However the mic & Elgato capture cable will be an additional £200.

So please behave. If you feel the need to continue your vendetta against Diop, Anderson and whoever else you're quite within your rights to do so. But cut out the strangely obsessive personal crap.

Untitled-2.jpg
Wow. Savage personal attack on me.
I have not accused you of anything recently and you post that response with a thrwat to ban. Wow.

If you make public videos you are open to come t. End of.
Do you only want 'smiley rainbow' comments?

You put that video out the day Graeme Howlett, who you majorly criticised a few years ago, wrote a similar piece on Kumb. Coincidence?

I did not ask you to post current expenditure.

A threat to ban when a public video is wrote about. Wow. How many times have you quoted freedom of speech on this forum. :lol: :lol:

North Korea beckons.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

21212 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:29 pm

Untitled-2.jpg
I have not accused you of anything recently and you post that response with a thrwat to ban. Wow.

You put that video out the day Graeme Howlett, who you majorly criticised a few years ago, wrote a similar piece on Kumb. Coincidence?

A threat to ban when a public video is wrote about. Wow. How many times have you quoted freedom of speech on this forum. :lol: :lol:

North Korea beckons.
Chapter 1, Verse 3
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

21212 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:29 pm

Untitled-2.jpg

North Korea beckons.
You can't help yourself can you?

It was you who criticised Graeme and even created an account pretending to be from Kumb.

I told you to keep it to football, you chose otherwise.

Cheerio

Sofa

Post by Sofa »

How you tolerate this manchild is beyond me. You must have the patience of a saint. Keep up the good work pal.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Getting more like Nazi Germany every day :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

I understand Robbie from AFTV is a millionaire. Fair play, why not make money from your passion or hobby if you put in the hours and investment.

Most of us would love to make money from our hobby rather than work a crappy job, it's something I am looking to do. There are all sorts of youtubers who have channels on their hobbies, not only sports but things like aviation, cooking, cleaning, pets, farts and fails...

And Gonzo is right, youtube is the future. Personally, I look at the BBC sport website for the gossip column, headlines and to summarize the scores. That is it. All my WHU news comes from this channel and WHFTV primarliy. To be honest with the "increased content" from both, I dont have time to even watch all of it while relevant, let alone the other channels.

But I come to this one because in my opinion is it is the best. Gonzo and Geo are naturals and are brilliant at what they do. I watch them because I enjoy it, they are funny, present things much better than "trained professionals" and are a great foil for each other to present an argument. I wish they received far more money and reward for what they do.

Finally, I live in Vancouver and have been gone for almost 14 years, before the start of social media. I don't know anyone on this forum personally, and you dont know me, but it is a community I feel somewhat part of and with the time difference and lack of availability of British media, this forum and channel is an invaluable resource for me.

Thank you, keep up the good work.