Where's this site going?

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Where's this site going?

Post by Newmarket »

BCHammer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:33 pm I understand Robbie from AFTV is a millionaire. Fair play, why not make money from your passion or hobby if you put in the hours and investment.

Most of us would love to make money from our hobby rather than work a crappy job, it's something I am looking to do. There are all sorts of youtubers who have channels on their hobbies, not only sports but things like aviation, cooking, cleaning, pets, farts and fails...

And Gonzo is right, youtube is the future. Personally, I look at the BBC sport website for the gossip column, headlines and to summarize the scores. That is it. All my WHU news comes from this channel and WHFTV primarliy. To be honest with the "increased content" from both, I dont have time to even watch all of it while relevant, let alone the other channels.

But I come to this one because in my opinion is it is the best. Gonzo and Geo are naturals and are brilliant at what they do. I watch them because I enjoy it, they are funny, present things much better than "trained professionals" and are a great foil for each other to present an argument. I wish they received far more money and reward for what they do.

Finally, I live in Vancouver and have been gone for almost 14 years, before the start of social media. I don't know anyone on this forum personally, and you dont know me, but it is a community I feel somewhat part of and with the time difference and lack of availability of British media, this forum and channel is an invaluable resource for me.

Thank you, keep up the good work.
Get fucked .

Only kidding :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Apart from the reply to address the trolls defamatory comments by Gonzo there should be no other replies whatsoever...

This troll posts and people reply...theres no point in banning the fool because getting a new account takes seconds..

If people did not reply at all, nada, nothing , zilch, squat, then sooner or later the asshole will fade away, trolls only exist because people reply...
Being ignored is the one thing a troll cannot compute or deal with, unfortunately too many on here just cant help themselves....

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:54 pm Apart from the reply to address the trolls defamatory comments by Gonzo there should be no other replies whatsoever...

This troll posts and people reply...theres no point in banning the fool because getting a new account takes seconds..

If people did not reply at all, nada, nothing , zilch, squat, then sooner or later the asshole will fade away, trolls only exist because people reply...
Being ignored is the one thing a troll cannot compute or deal with, unfortunately too many on here just cant help themselves....
...says the person that just contributed to the thread :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:11 pm Is it not sad that Gonzo had to justify the existence of this sites income and expenditure to a poster who just wants to cause controversy.
Surely this is just disrespectful and an invasion of privacy to all those connected to Hammers Chat.
How ironic though, if he hadn't posted this crap, the site wouldn't of generated another 0.0002p from the 500+ clicks that it has received.
To be honest mate I thought about not doing it but for reasons of clarity it was important . . . . he'd also picked the wrong day to have a dig particularly after years of shit.

It's all lovely jubbly though Andy. I know the regulars like yourself are aware of the situation but any casual browsers might actually believe his nonsense.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Sofa wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:01 pm How you tolerate this manchild is beyond me. You must have the patience of a saint. Keep up the good work pal.

My tolerance was exhausted to be fair mate. Hope you're well

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:17 pm Getting more like Nazi Germany every day :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pipe down fraulein 😂

Post by 21212 »

Gonzo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:28 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:11 pm Is it not sad that Gonzo had to justify the existence of this sites income and expenditure to a poster who just wants to cause controversy.
Surely this is just disrespectful and an invasion of privacy to all those connected to Hammers Chat.
How ironic though, if he hadn't posted this crap, the site wouldn't of generated another 0.0002p from the 500+ clicks that it has received.
To be honest mate I thought about not doing it but for reasons of clarity it was important . . . . he'd also picked the wrong day to have a dig particularly after years of shit.

It's all lovely jubbly though Andy. I know the regulars like yourself are aware of the situation but any casual browsers might actually believe his nonsense.
I fully accept your apology for your over reaction. I'm prepared to forget it ever happened.

Now, where exactly is the site going?

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

BCHammer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:33 pm I understand Robbie from AFTV is a millionaire. Fair play, why not make money from your passion or hobby if you put in the hours and investment.

Most of us would love to make money from our hobby rather than work a crappy job, it's something I am looking to do. There are all sorts of youtubers who have channels on their hobbies, not only sports but things like aviation, cooking, cleaning, pets, farts and fails...

And Gonzo is right, youtube is the future. Personally, I look at the BBC sport website for the gossip column, headlines and to summarize the scores. That is it. All my WHU news comes from this channel and WHFTV primarliy. To be honest with the "increased content" from both, I dont have time to even watch all of it while relevant, let alone the other channels.

But I come to this one because in my opinion is it is the best. Gonzo and Geo are naturals and are brilliant at what they do. I watch them because I enjoy it, they are funny, present things much better than "trained professionals" and are a great foil for each other to present an argument. I wish they received far more money and reward for what they do.

Finally, I live in Vancouver and have been gone for almost 14 years, before the start of social media. I don't know anyone on this forum personally, and you dont know me, but it is a community I feel somewhat part of and with the time difference and lack of availability of British media, this forum and channel is an invaluable resource for me.

Thank you, keep up the good work.

That's a smashing post mate and hopefully if you do come over we'll make you very welcome.

Of course if I were able to stop ripping out toilets for a living and make videos instead I do it at the drop of a hat. We'd need a 3million views a week every week though and clearly that will never happen.

So we do it because we enjoy it which is a concept totally alien to our resident troll.

Yes we get a few free T-shirts & stuff but mostly we give them away. For the time we put into it which is hours every week we'd earn more from taking a minimum wage job.

The bloke is off his rocker and has convinced himself that we're in this for monetary reasons. If someone wants to give me a million or two great but until that point the missus drives an 8 year old motor and the yacht has not yet been ordered.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

21212 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:33 pm
Gonzo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:28 pm

I fully accept your apology for your over reaction. I'm prepared to forget it ever happened.

It's staying right here . . . . unfortunately you'll have to view proceedings with your nose pressed to the window.

Thanks for reminding me.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Gonzo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:41 pm
21212 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:33 pm

It's staying right here . . . . unfortunately you'll have to view proceedings with your nose pressed to the window.

Thanks for reminding me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !