Where's this site going?

Chat about anything football related here!

Where's this site going?

Post by 21212 »

Just seen a Gonzo video moaning about lack of press access for Hammeschat. Why?
When this site started it was 'sold' as a site with no commercial interests just an opportunity for mates to talk West ham. Really??? Why then is Gonzo looking at projected views (and wetting himself over a potential 8 million) for the social media videos? Does he plan to call all the viewers his friends?
Some would say, not me, that Gonzo is turning into Hammerschats own Graeme Howlett - a person who uses West ham to line his pockets - and Geos videos are look less and less like mates talking and more like (attempted) structured interviews to show off his ability to be the next Michael Parkinson.

Time to come clean. You know I called this site as a career move when it started, am I being proved correct? Is it still a football forum? Is it a social media vehicle for the CEO and COO to profit in exposure or finance?

h69

Re: Where's this site going?

Post by h69 »

21212 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 pm Just seen a Gonzo video moaning about lack of press access for Hammeschat. Why?
When this site started it was 'sold' as a site with no commercial interests just an opportunity for mates to talk West ham. Really??? Why then is Gonzo looking at projected views (and wetting himself over a potential 8 million) for the social media videos? Does he plan to call all the viewers his friends?
Some would say, not me, that Gonzo is turning into Hammerschats own Graeme Howlett - a person who uses West ham to line his pockets - and Geos videos are look less and less like mates talking and more like (attempted) structured interviews to show off his ability to be the next Michael Parkinson.

Time to come clean. You know I called this site as a career move when it started, am I being proved correct? Is it still a football forum? Is it a social media vehicle for the CEO and COO to profit in exposure or finance?
Here we go again. You post this every year.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

If they hadn't have started this site, then presumably you wouldn't be on here, silly bollocks.
And so what, if they do earn a few quid out of it. I'd never begrudge any of my own earning a crust.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

If they hadn't have started this site, then presumably you wouldn't be on here, silly bollocks.
And so what, if they do earn a few quid out of it. I'd never begrudge any of my own earning a crust.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 »

1. "Does he plan to call all the viewers his friends?"
No
2. "Some would say, not me"
If not you then who? Name names or shut the fuck up.
3. "You know I called this site as a career move when it started, am I being proved correct?"
No, don't be such a silly cunt.
4. "Is it still a football forum?"
Yes
5. "Is it a social media vehicle for the CEO and COO to profit in exposure or finance?"
See 3
6. "Is Numbers still a piss stained sad cunt sitting in the dark in his mum's box room wishing he had friends and didn't support Spurs?"
Indubitably

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

21212 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 pm
And what exactly is wrong with using West Ham, or anything else for that matter, to line your pockets if you are doing nothing illegal ?

If the content is good enough a website can make money. If it's not it won't. Perhaps there is a hint of jealousy that you didn't get there first.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:03 pm
And what exactly is wrong with using West Ham, or anything else for that matter, to line your pockets if you are doing nothing illegal ?

If the content is good enough a website can make money. If it's not it won't. Perhaps there is a hint of jealousy that you didn't get there first.
Exactly.
I,d love to know what Arsenal Tv is generating from youtube advertising a season. Must be decent because they go every game season or pre-season abroad.plus away games , friendlys and cup games. Have to be looking around 20 grand plus per person they are spending a season away from home.That Europa cup final alone cost over 2000 grand a person.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:03 pm

If the content is not good enough and people think they are being ripped off they will vote with their feet and not use the site. It would then die.

Basic supply and demand or are you one of Jezza's boys that dont agree with any kind of entrepreneurship or people trying to earn ?

Kalnor

Post by Kalnor »

I see nothing wrong with taking a project that you are truly passionate about to the next stage. Good luck to them. As long as they keep it entertaining and maintains some decent conversational topics I’ll stay onboard. I personally wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the YouTube channel and I like how they try to breakdown games in conversationally points. It’s easy to come out of a game and stick a camera under your mates face and wait for him to call the owner, manager or a player a cunt, some find that entertaining but it’s another thing to break down a match and give a detailed insight. Geo does that quite well with his obvious interest in stats, and when his bloody camera works, Gonzo brings a more passionate, and at times comical element. They seem to work well off each other as a pair. Both obversely communicate very well without the obvious ‘erm umm and you know’ after every sentence that a lot of youtubers find hard to control (yes I’m looking at you West Ham Fan TV) ;) (Don’t worry lads I’d be exactly the same)

I watch a lot of YouTube as I’m a Brit living in Norway. (Originally Dagenham). Football Daily, even the True Geordie and the ManU United Stand during transfer periods (I scrub myself raw in the shower afterwards on that one 🥴) but it’s sometimes the only way to get a true perspective of what’s happening in English football. Football channels have come along way and are getting more professional by the minute. News is changing all over the world with sport following suit. Why not have one of our own enjoy that success or atleast support them while trying to reach for it.

PS. I wouldn’t of known or donated to the Isle fund without West Ham Fan channels. For that alone is worth the time.
Last edited by Kalnor on Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

To the dogs according to Tim. ;) :lol: