16 days between games

Chat about anything football related here!
Mikeveep

16 days between games

Post by Mikeveep »

What football fan wants this?

Have our international performances improved since the Breaks started?

Four no game weekends this year.

Let the minor countries play during the season to decide who joins a top 16 to form a 32 team knockout tourney during June. 5 matches max over 30 days.

terrya1965

Re: 16 days between games

Post by terrya1965 »

I detest the International Break,like many others.We have a break every month for the next 3. :roll:

Before the PL and the big money,We played 8 qualifiers over 2 years and the Home Internationals at the end of the season.They played the qualifiers in midweek too.

It`s all about money now,I'm afraid and playing has many games has possible,whether it`s International or Domestic Football.

Apart from the Champions League,I think the FA, UEFA & FIFA between them,have made the game a lot poorer.(I'd be here all day with my bugbears) All about greed and nothing else.It use to be about the fans,but now it`s what they can pocket. :cry:

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Over here they don't have an International break, the league carries on as normal. Not a bad idea really, those teams that are full of International players have to play a second string team and are there for the beating. If the PL or FA did this imagine if we had to play Man City over the break, we loose Rice, Flappy, Balbuena, Lanzini and Snodgrass, Man City would probably loose their entire 1st team, a chance of picking up points for us and Man City loosing points.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Would be a way to level things out a bit,andy.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Unless their 2nd or 3rd string are better than what you have left. 😞
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Does anyone really care about international football apart from when there's a World Cup or European Championship ?

Who wants to watch "nations" like fucking Gibraltar, Andorra, San Marino and so on turn 90 minutes into a training session between attack and defence?

Amazes me that people actually pay to watch.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

whu

Post by whu »

rubbish :roll:
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I normally pop down to Dagenham for my football fix when the international break is on. The football is what it is, but there are some pluses. No queues, the use of the clubhouse for a few beers, you can stand with your mates where you want and it's cheap. And you know that the blokes playing are genuine honest pros, no rolling around after a tackle etc. All in all it's a good day out. So my advice is, if you can, pop down to your local team and see for yourself.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Just when we seem to be gaining some momentum, these poxy internationals come along. Just pray for no injuries :?

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:46 pm Does anyone really care about international football apart from when there's a World Cup or European Championship ?

Who wants to watch "nations" like fucking Gibraltar, Andorra, San Marino and so on turn 90 minutes into a training session between attack and defence?

Amazes me that people actually pay to watch.
Fucking right . Malta is anotherr one that always gets turned over. waste of everyones time. A lot of the fuckers aint even proper countris anyway, like Gibraltar. might as well give the Isle of white a place.