Everton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Everton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

After a 'boring international weekend' and pissed off by one of the team in League 1 whom started winning after 11 games winless start as I wanted them to be relegated, that rub salt in my wound, hopefully a good weekend for West Ham at Everton.

Squad are expected to do better than against Palace whom we were very poor in passing and giving the balls away too often......12.30pm is NOT an ideal time for us so we have to live with it, no matter what.

Roberto

Frederick
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Noble

Yarmolenko
Lanzini
Anderson

Haller

I hope Rice will be recovered from his virus illness he had over the weekend and will not feature for Englaind tonight which is better for us for him to be ready.

I WANT a good performance and better passing style and stop giving balls away.

Prediction: Everton 3 - 1 West Ham (I hope I am wrong on this but West Ham NEVER won at Goodison Park TWICE in a row season. Everton will be scrapping for points and has more reason to perform better, typical because of us, West Ham who always succumbed to teams in bad form.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Re: Everton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Well done Ibbs. This is a game where Mr Pellegrini needs to anticipate the Everton charge and counter the home teams initial aggressive exuberance with controlled possession based containment.

Our team are brimming with the type of talent that you see in a top 6 side and only an idiot would lose this one.

And because of that I'm not that confident...I'm hoping for a 1-2 but imagining a low scoring draw

...defeat is obviously out of the question and beyond Everton's normal capabilities...but we are, living in the real world of VAR so who knows what people might confuse...

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Everton are shambolic and in crisis, so obviously we'll rock up and gift them an obliging 4-0 home win. I can't see any further than a significant drubbing I'm afraid.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I'm always happier playing a team that's won 4 on the spin than one that's in a losing rut. Consequently I fear the worst about this one. Everton are due a win of any sort, we are due an away defeat. So, sorry, but a 2-0 defeat for me.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

Roberto
Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, Cresswell
Rice, Noble
Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Masuaku
Haller

Yeah call me mental but i'd drop Anderson for this one, i think he needs a wake up call. Get Masuaku to get some crosses into Haller and lets actually give him some service. Also 2 left backs on the pitch can double up on Richarlison.

Never feel confident going to Goodison, even if they are struggling at the moment. Their fans are up there with one of the worst in the league for screaming for every little foul or ref decision so we'll have to be aware for that.

I'm still pissed off about that shambles of a performance in the Palace game - so not confident at all

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Definitely a game we will fuck up.

2-0

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

jhammers wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:34 pm Roberto
Rice, Noble
Haller

Yeah call me mental but i'd drop Anderson for this one, i think he needs a wake up call. Get Masuaku to get some crosses into Haller and lets actually give him some service. Also 2 left backs on the pitch can double up on Richarlison.

Never feel confident going to Goodison, even if they are struggling at the moment. Their fans are up there with one of the worst in the league for screaming for every little foul or ref decision so we'll have to be aware for that.

I'm still pissed off about that shambles of a performance in the Palace game - so not confident at all
Yes you're mental 🙃

downunda

Post by downunda »

There is a saying that West Ham have never heard of, and that is "Never give a sucker an even break"

That is why I feel Everton will win 3 - 0

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Important we get something from this one imo. Next two home games are against teams who basically seem to base their away tactics on bus parking, which we have usually found impossible to overcome. I can't imagine Sheffield United & Newcastle coming to the LS and trying to play football and following their visits we go to Burnley, another huff and puff outfit.

All winnable but, as we all know, we are West Ham and we know what that usually means.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Shortshanks wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:51 pm
jhammers wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:34 pm Roberto
Rice, Noble
Haller

Yes you're mental 🙃
Agree. Anderson been involved in most of our goals. Why drop our provider?