West Ham vs Newcastle Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

Your Team For Newcastle

Post by Taansend »

How would you set up the team against the Geordies?

They've scored 6 goals in 10 games (0.6 per game 😁) & let in 15 (1.5)

They've kept three clean sheets including two in their 1 nil wins over Spurs & Man U, the other 0-0 v Brighton.

They haven't scored more than 1 goal in a game yet. But they've only let in more than 1 in three games. Liverpool & Norwich each scored 3 while Leicester put 5 past them.

So take away those 3 games & they've only let in 4 in 7.

They play a 3-4-3 formation every game as far as I can see.

So do you want four at the back to defend against the three attackers or flood the midfield to stop thre ball getting to them?

Our current system is not getting the best out of our personnel so I'd change it to...

Jim
Doowop General Ogbog
Yarm Rice Noble Fornals
Lanzini Haller Anderson

Get our players IN their fucking box rather than mincing about outside it.

5-4 West Ham 😁

Newmarket

Re: Your Team For Newcastle

Post by Newmarket »

Can we make this the official match thread cos that Cunt Ibby creating it is the kiss of fucking death ?
Bring back Jonathon !

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

A team that looks motivated would be a good start.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

A motivated team with some pace would be nice , but we can only imagine what that would be like . I just cannot pick a team worthy of playing any kind of system from what is available from the 1st team squad :shock: just dont think we have anyone in the squad capable of playing alongside Rice , or anyone who actually wants to get anywhere near Haller ( he's not got leprosy has he ? ).
Think though Fredericks - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell is a good enough start .

Maybe the inclusion of a couple of Premier League 2 players such as Coventry and Powell into the midfield alongside Rice could make a difference , maybe wishful thinking but least they know how to play as a team , and win consistently .

Ibbyham

West Ham vs Newcastle Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our frustrating last 3 games with very awful pathetic display, I have stopped believing players promised to do better, particularly Rice whom, not his fault that other players are in disarray, West Ham need to work as a team, to win as a team. Hopefully this week, players will work their socks off and shows on the pitch for 90 minutes.

Squad:

Roberto

Frederick
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Noble
Rice
Snodgrass

Yarmolenko
Anderson
Haller

I am NOT going to watch the game until they players PROVE to do better than the last 3 games.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Re: West Ham vs Newcastle Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Haller could do with a good performance. I'm thinking something that looks like it's worthy of £45 million.

So i'm imagining basic rudimentary stuff here: Like running,fast,movement. And heading the ball decisively with purpose and intent.Dominating your marker. Controlling the ball and firing a shot with huge energy aimed inside the oppositions goal frame.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Clayton wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:25 pm or anyone who actually wants to get anywhere near Haller ( he's not got le prosy has he ? ).
I used Google Translate to look up what this means & it's "too serious"

Cunt needs to fucking relax

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

Another game where we should be confident going into it (Newcastle are shite) and I'm not...

Roberto
Fredericks, Balbuena, Diop, Cresswell
Rice, Snodgrass
Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Holland
Haller

Would be my team but i won't hold my breath.

Lose/draw and Pellegrini should be in big trouble IMO

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

AC is out injured for this one - and I know your thinking,hang on, he played 12 mins as a sub three weeks ago...but he then developed a prob after the cool down and needs a couple of weeks to soothe a bit of muscular straining...

Newcastle are obviously trying to over use him in a short period and as we discovered...you can't over use Andy Carroll and get away with it...

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:29 pm AC is out injured for this one - and I know your thinking,hang on, he played 12 mins as a sub three weeks ago...but he then developed a prob after the cool down and needs a couple of weeks to soothe a bit of muscular straining...

Newcastle are obviously trying to over use him in a short period and as we discovered...you can't over use Andy Carroll and get away with it...
Indeed, anything over 10 minutes and you're dicing with death. Rumour has it, he went down with an ACL.
That's Andy Carroll leg, for those less informed.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.