Has Pellegrini Benn Hung Out To Dry By Owners???

Chat about anything football related here!
grandad

Re: Has Pellegrini Benn Hung Out To Dry By Owners???

Post by grandad »

tassiehammer wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:07 am
IronsForever wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:47 am I still think we are cursed to be honest.
We showed 2 vulnerable areas pre season. 1 striker and the Goalie. We had Antonio as some kind of assist for Haller and possibly back up striker if Haller gets injured. The Twins assumed Fabianski was not going to get injured being a goalie and brought in 2 poor, cheap alternatives.
So what happens. Both Antonio and Flappy pick up injuries where they are out for 4 MONTHS. How can you say we are not cursed?
You know what is going to happen next . Rice and Haller will pick up injuries. That will leave us with no backbone surrounded by offensive fairies who cant tackle and no striker. ha ha ha ha.
When teams play us they will rest a couple of key players knowing its like playing a team that defend and tackle like a pub team.
From Pre- season expectations, to west ham reality to fighting a relegation battle. Nothing changes at this club!!
" Like My Dreams " !!!!

Cursed we may be but I have to stand up for pub teams . At least in my day that is. We could tackle and if we missed one we made sure we made the next one. You could even hear the groans from the touchline on some. :D

Second that :lol:

I was once knocked spark out by a forearm at Lyle park silvertown for having the audacity to score a goal ( I never got many being a defender ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Slug told me get up and don't be a cunt ( I was seeing stars for about 3 days )
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:14 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:50 am

Who said he does ? Actually you did in your original post.

No he can't come out with the "he's a crap manager" line but he could trot out the usual bland bollocks most players do when interviewed. And I'm not sure about the team being off his game when Noble is. Personally I think today's version of Noble is a passenger who contributes next to nothing. When the team is on song, which hasn't happened too often, it's not so noticeable. If Pellegrini believes Noble is key to the team performing well he clearly has lost the plot imo.
The relationship between Noble and the manager is unknown. Unlike Shrek and Nolan, who'd play every match barring injury even though his game had gone down the pan. But if it's a similar scenario it's just wrong. No player should be picked automatically, captain or not.

When Noble plays well he's an asset. But those occurrences are becoming rarer and rarer. In a midfield already lacking the pace and energy required in the modern pressing game, unless he does have a blinder he's a liability.

For all you Noble admirers I'm sorry. But it's a fact.
Cards on the table from me. At his peak I saw him as a steady, if unspectacular, presence in the team with the bonus of being very effective from the penalty spot. I never saw him, as some of our fans did, as an international class player. Far from it. Although the same can be said of many others who have got international caps of course.

But his best days are behind him now imo and his lack of pace is proving to be a liability.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:31 am
palerider wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:14 am

The relationship between Noble and the manager is unknown. Unlike Shrek and Nolan, who'd play every match barring injury even though his game had gone down the pan. But if it's a similar scenario it's just wrong. No player should be picked automatically, captain or not.

When Noble plays well he's an asset. But those occurrences are becoming rarer and rarer. In a midfield already lacking the pace and energy required in the modern pressing game, unless he does have a blinder he's a liability.

For all you Noble admirers I'm sorry. But it's a fact.
Cards on the table from me. At his peak I saw him as a steady, if unspectacular, presence in the team with the bonus of being very effective from the penalty spot. I never saw him, as some of our fans did, as an international class player. Far from it. Although the same can be said of many others who have got international caps of course.

But his best days are behind him now imo and his lack of pace is proving to be a liability.
Over the years he's had some great games for us. And you're right, there are lots of worse players who've played for England.

But since that four-eyed marionette on speed Kraut sadly landed on our shores with 'gegenpresse' or whatever you call it, players like Noble's games were numbered and faster, stronger and more energetic were the buzz-words

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

No he can't come out with the "he's a crap manager" line but he could trot out the usual bland bollocks most players do when interviewed. And I'm not sure about the team being off his game when Noble is. Personally I think today's version of Noble is a passenger who contributes next to nothing. When the team is on song, which hasn't happened too often, it's not so noticeable. If Pellegrini believes Noble is key to the team performing well he clearly has lost the plot imo.
I said I think he is torn between backing his manager and team mates. As captain, he is the managers representative on the pitch. He has failed miserable since Oxford. Look back at all the game reviews when we were on a high, Noble was playing well and everyone was praising him.

I'm not denying Noble is limited and aging. But Haller is isolated. We lack creativity. Who else do you bring in from the current squad to fix those two issues? There isn't anyone, so it comes down to tactics and coaching all the rest of them to supply Haller. But they can't be assed and Pelle himself admits he has no clue why. But your captain being as bad as the rest sure isn't going to help and I'm just wondering out loud if that is the key to the issue. Roy Keane he aint.

I do think Snoddy should be captain against Burnley.

grandad

Post by grandad »

BCHammer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:37 am

I said I think he is torn between backing his manager and team mates. As captain, he is the managers representative on the pitch. He has failed miserable since Oxford. Look back at all the game reviews when we were on a high, Noble was playing well and everyone was praising him.

I'm not denying Noble is limited and aging. But Haller is isolated. We lack creativity. Who else do you bring in from the current squad to fix those two issues? There isn't anyone, so it comes down to tactics and coaching all the rest of them to supply Haller. But they can't be assed and Pelle himself admits he has no clue why. But your captain being as bad as the rest sure isn't going to help and I'm just wondering out loud if that is the key to the issue. Roy Keane he aint.

if noble plays then he is skipper .... not his greatest fan but you cannot take armband off him like that ....

He needs to up his game massively mind ...

palerider

Post by palerider »

grandad wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:07 am
BCHammer wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:37 am

if noble plays then he is skipper .... not his greatest fan but you cannot take armband off him like that ....

On current form he should not be in the starting X1. Snodgrass should.

So why not ?

You should have 11 leaders on the pitch. We've got about one and a half.

grandad

Post by grandad »

palerider wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:11 am
grandad wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:07 am

On current form he should not be in the starting X1. Snodgrass should.

So why not ?

You should have 11 leaders on the pitch. We've got about one and a half.

no I agree but if he starts he will be skipper and if not him it will be his mate cresswell

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

He's either been hung out to dry or thrown under the bus. I'm not sure which.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Bollocks that fucking squad could and should be performing better than the shower of shit it currently is.
No excuses it’s down to the fucking manager and his poxy staff.