Mourinho...only until the end of the season

Chat about anything football related here!
1985whu

Re: Mourinho...only until the end of the season

Post by 1985whu »

BCHammer wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:23 pm Completely wrong fit for this club.

I'd rather deja vu and have Moyes again...
I agree, wrong fit for the club as a permanent appointment.

but as the title of the thread says, it would only be for the next 6 months. In that regard, I think it would be the perfect fit.

I think even HE could stomach Gollivan and Brady for such a short time with a nice little bonus at the end of the season, scaled on finishing league position. And of course an London appointment, which would suit him. Then he walks away in May.

And even if he doesn't get money to spend in January, I don't think it would be too much of an issue for him seeing that it's a short term appointment. We have players who are capable, who he could work with. He'd get more out of them than our current manager. Enough to arrest this slump we're in.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

He didn't like BFS 19th Century Footie much.... :lol:

Fuckin pot kettle and all that..

Yeah I'd have him.

Phil

Post by Phil »

no thanks

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Wrong fit ? Twice winner of the Champions League and responsible for Chelsea's firs league title since Noah was in short trousers. Plus numerous other assorted trophies. Not that he would entertain coming to a club at our level of football's hierarchy but don't we have delusions of grandeur if we dismiss the suggestion that he is "the wrong fit" ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Wrong fit ? Twice winner of the Champions League and responsible for Chelsea's firs league title since Noah was in short trousers. Plus numerous other assorted trophies. Not that he would entertain coming to a club at our level of football's hierarchy but don't we have delusions of grandeur if we dismiss the suggestion that he is "the wrong fit" ?
Of course he is, you really think he is going to fit in with the two Dave's, 20m net spend and the baroness with a Sun column? And he is not the Mourinho of Chelsea round 1 anyway.

He's not finishing 2nd and winning the Europa with this lot. He had De Gea in goal to start with, that is probably worth 25+ points on it's own. As is Fabianski and our form will pick up dramatically after xmas when he is back.

We need to get to basics. We just conceded 6 goals in 2 games from set pieces. We are going to have to forget pretty football "the West Ham way" and go back and learn the very basics of the game. Call that Mourinho bus parking if you want, but it is very much Moyes/Allardyce football that is needed for a few weeks just to steady the ship. And we have the resources to do it, two pacey wide men in Fredericks and Masuaku, even Anderson, and a lump up top in Haller. Not what I want to see week in week out, but what is needed here and now and for games against the like of those we have just played "we should be beating" and got totally obliterated by. That's what Dyche did after they lost one game badly last week. That and he banned gloves.... says it all about our players really.

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

BCHammer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:28 pm

Of course he is, you really think he is going to fit in with the two Dave's, 20m net spend and the baroness with a Sun column? And he is not the Mourinho of Chelsea round 1 anyway.

He's not finishing 2nd and winning the Europa with this lot. He had De Gea in goal to start with, that is probably worth 25+ points on it's own. As is Fabianski and our form will pick up dramatically after xmas when he is back.

We need to get to basics. We just conceded 6 goals in 2 games from set pieces. We are going to have to forget pretty football "the West Ham way" and go back and learn the very basics of the game. Call that Mourinho bus parking if you want, but it is very much Moyes/Allardyce football that is needed for a few weeks just to steady the ship. And we have the resources to do it, two pacey wide men in Fredericks and Masuaku, even Anderson, and a lump up top in Haller. Not what I want to see week in week out, but what is needed here and now and for games against the like of those we have just played "we should be beating" and got totally obliterated by. That's what Dyche did after they lost one game badly last week. That and he banned gloves.... says it all about our players really.
FFS mate the bloke said Mourino wont come to a piss pot outfit like us. What he said was that saying hes a wrong fit is fucking dumb. Some fans think weve only got to snap our fingers and managers come running. Course Mourino wont come to us but if we could get him hed do wonders. I think thats what the OP meant anyway.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BCHammer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:28 pm

You've completely missed my point. You are of course absolutely right and I've said Mourinho isn't going to consider joining a club like ours. But imo "wrong fit" implies, or at least I inferred, that in some way he doesn't meet the exacting (ahem, cough, splutter) standards we require.

Or putting it another way if Mourinho suddenly decided he'd love to become part of the West Ham project I'd drive him there myself but, as someone else has already said, there's more chance of getting a blowjob from the fucking pope.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?