Are Arsenal a lower mid table team with a world class striker?

Chat about anything football related here!
Mancunian Hammer

Are Arsenal a lower mid table team with a world class striker?

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

A lot of Arsenal fans welcomed the sacking of Emery. During the early Wenger years yes they had Henry and Bergkamp but they had quality all over the pitch - Viera, Petit, Campbell, Cole and of course Nelson Vivas. When you look at their team today they look fairly average, they have one or two decent players but so do other clubs in the league. I think the Arsenal fans are going to be disappointed because i'm not sure what a terrific manager can do with that team. What position do you think they would finish in the league if they did not have Aubamayang?

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Are Arsenal a lower mid table team with a world class striker?

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Don’t matter what you think of em
We will make them look like Fucking Barcelona .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Mancunian Hammer wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:15 pm A lot of Arsenal fans welcomed the sacking of Emery. During the early Wenger years yes they had Henry and Bergkamp but they had quality all over the pitch - Viera, Petit, Campbell, Cole and of course Nelson Vivas. When you look at their team today they look fairly average, they have one or two decent players but so do other clubs in the league. I think the Arsenal fans are going to be disappointed because i'm not sure what a terrific manager can do with that team. What position do you think they would finish in the league if they did not have Aubamayang?
Many of us reckon we have a squad that should be good enough for top six :roll: I think we are a mid table team at best , I personally think they have a better squad then us so in reality they should be top four if that is the case .
I would take Pepe - Lacazette - Guendouzi - Aubameyang - Ceballas - Maitland Niles - Tierney to name a few .

Mancunian Hammer

Post by Mancunian Hammer »

Clayton wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:29 pm
Mancunian Hammer wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:15 pm A lot of Arsenal fans welcomed the sacking of Emery. During the early Wenger years yes they had Henry and Bergkamp but they had quality all over the pitch - Viera, Petit, Campbell, Cole and of course Nelson Vivas. When you look at their team today they look fairly average, they have one or two decent players but so do other clubs in the league. I think the Arsenal fans are going to be disappointed because i'm not sure what a terrific manager can do with that team. What position do you think they would finish in the league if they did not have Aubamayang?
Many of us reckon we have a squad that should be good enough for top six :roll: I think we are a mid table team at best , I personally think they have a better squad then us so in reality they should be top four if that is the case .
I would take Pepe - Lacazette - Guendouzi - Aubameyang - Ceballas - Maitland Niles - Tierney to name a few .
Yes but where do you think they would finish in the league if they did not have Aubamayang?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

With him probably 6th, without him around 8th or 9th. Their European exploits fuck them up a lot. They're ok in the domestic cups as they never leave the Emirates.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:29 pm
Guendouzi is an excellent player. Apparently he was playing in the French second division when they noticed him. Lacazette and Aubameyang are only pipe dreams for us I'm afraid, without them Arsenal would struggle big time imo. Surprised you'd take Tierney tbh. I reckon he's pants. But it's all about opinions I guess.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Think the League is a lot stronger now,you've only gotta look at it,everyones beating/losing to
everyone...even City are being pulled back now a bit..TV Dosh is having an effect,most clubs
now can fork out 30 mill for a player if need be,and pay them upwards of 35K a week.

Arse/Mancs think they have some devine right to win things,they are on planet cuckooland..
those days are over..

Wolves win tonight..they'll start looking at a CL spot..Leicester do and they'll start being
serious title contenders again..it's all changing.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I agree with you.

Like Man U,it`s the way the club is run at the top.All they think about is the money they make off the field and don't give 2 shits what is happening on it.

It will eventually bite them on the arse(excuse the pun).

Maybe we should do another thread on greedy owners.The 2 teams mentioned have to be the greediest owners of all.It`s no coincidence,both are owned by Yanks.It just about business to them and not the club.

I know a few may think I am being old fashioned,but a Football Club should be the hub of a community.Sadly that is not the case any more,especially on the higher pyramid. :(

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Are West Ham A relegation side with a Nancy boy striker and a shit manager?

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Without them 2 strikers they would be fighting relegation. Who else scores in that team?
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!