West Ham vs Bournemouth Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Bournemouth Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Will this match define our season? Bournemouth is only 1 point above us and in a poor runs but knowing West Ham is coming.....they will be gleefully rubbing their hands and perform very well to beat us easily as what I noticed that most teams closed us down very easy as West Ham are VERY WEAK!!!! Hopefully Pellegrini will be long gone for this match and the U23 will take over on an interim basis until the summer at least.....NOT MOYES!!!!

Squad:

Fabianksi

Fredericks
Balbuena
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Snodgrass
Rice
Anderson or Noble
Fornals

Antonio
Haller.

We need 2 strikers please!!!!! because we will LOSE if Haller is alone up there.

Hopefully Pellegrini WON'T be in the hot seat.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

tassiehammer

Re: West Ham vs Bournemouth Official Match Thread

Post by tassiehammer »

MP collecting his payout and a new gaffer for this one Ibbs. Blind Freddy could see that a solitary striker isn't and hasn't been working so I reckon Haller will have a partner, he will get a rocket up his arse along with a few more who deserve one and its a win for the Irons.
The whole team stopped playing for MP and if they can't be arsed to turn it on for a new boss then the lot of them can fuck off.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

hammerwell75

Post by hammerwell75 »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:04 am MP collecting his payout and a new gaffer for this one Ibbs. Blind Freddy could see that a solitary striker isn't and hasn't been working so I reckon Haller will have a partner, he will get a rocket up his arse along with a few more who deserve one and its a win for the Irons.
The whole team stopped playing for MP and if they can't be arsed to turn it on for a new boss then the lot of them can fuck off.

See that last bit really gets to me .

" The whole team stopped playing for MP and if they can't be arsed to turn it on for a new boss then the lot of them can fuck off. "

The thing is they should turn up regardless who is in charge , they are very well paid professionals who have a job to do . I don't know of any other job where you can under perform as bad as our players have at it and it's someone else's job on the line . Remember these players also sign a contract and they should be held accountable for keeping up their part . Maybe it's time we started looking at how we put these contracts together before we sign them , imo they can all feck off apart from 1 or 2 in the team at the moment.

Getting rid of Pellegrini isn't going to make everything better , it will just have a small impact for now , it won't be long before we are back in this position again but with a different manager's name . The facts are we need someone who has serious wealth and a love for West Ham if we are going to have any chance of moving to the next level and sadly it's not going to happen any time soon . So we will just continue to make up the numbers and suffer the odd good season and the usual relegation battle , typical West Ham .

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

hammerwell75 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:38 am
tassiehammer wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:04 am MP collecting his payout and a new gaffer for this one Ibbs. Blind Freddy could see that a solitary striker isn't and hasn't been working so I reckon Haller will have a partner, he will get a rocket up his arse along with a few more who deserve one and its a win for the Irons.

" The whole team stopped playing for MP and if they can't be arsed to turn it on for a new boss then the lot of them can fuck off. "

The thing is they should turn up regardless who is in charge , they are very well paid professionals who have a job to do . I don't know of any other job where you can under perform as bad as our players have at it and it's someone else's job on the line . Remember these players also sign a contract and they should be held accountable for keeping up their part . Maybe it's time we started looking at how we put these contracts together before we sign them , imo they can all feck off apart from 1 or 2 in the team at the moment.

Getting rid of Pellegrini isn't going to make everything better , it will just have a small impact for now , it won't be long before we are back in this position again but with a different manager's name . The facts are we need someone who has serious wealth and a love for West Ham if we are going to have any chance of moving to the next level and sadly it's not going to happen any time soon . So we will just continue to make up the numbers and suffer the odd good season and the usual relegation battle , typical West Ham .
It ain't that simple though. These are lads in their twenties who might be discouraged & demoralised for any one of a number of reasons.

They ain't machines that you can just switch on & off, they're people. If the training is shit, if they can see the manager isn't playing them or their friends right it's going to affect them, whether they like it or not.

Same as the results affect us. We have a spring in our step after a win & an even bigger one after a good streak. Same for them.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Taansend wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:14 am
hammerwell75 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:38 am

It ain't that simple though. These are lads in their twenties who might be discouraged & demoralised for any one of a number of reasons.

They ain't machines that you can just switch on & off, they're people. If the training is shit, if they can see the manager isn't playing them or their friends right it's going to affect them, whether they like it or not.

Same as the results affect us. We have a spring in our step after a win & an even bigger one after a good streak. Same for them.
Of all the teams in the bottom half, we have the most talent. What was sadly missing was cohesion.

I went to my one game a season against Palace. If we'd won we'd have gone into the top 4. And I was shocked at how bad we were. A well-worked goal and nothing else. Even then I was thinking how on earth Audrey had managed to get us where we were.

The 'new manager bounce' will hopefully work. Many things have been wrong for months. Rumour has it that even the Chelsea win was masterminded by Maresco, not Audrey. Secretly I reckon quite a few of the players will be saying 'Thank fuck for that'.

If it's Moyes then back him. Get behind the team. He did a good job before imo so let's hope he can do it again.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

palerider wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:30 am

Of all the teams in the bottom half, we have the most talent. What was sadly missing was cohesion.

I went to my one game a season against Palace. If we'd won we'd have gone into the top 4. And I was shocked at how bad we were. A well-worked goal and nothing else. Even then I was thinking how on earth Audrey had managed to get us where we were.

The 'new manager bounce' will hopefully work. Many things have been wrong for months. Rumour has it that even the Chelsea win was masterminded by Maresco, not Audrey. Secretly I reckon quite a few of the players will be saying 'Thank fuck for that'.

If it's Moyes then back him. Get behind the team. He did a good job before imo so let's hope he can do it again.
Everyone has a new slate & will be trying harder, even if not consciously.

The players must have known the system was flawed. Even I fucking knew :lol:

He kept playing the same shape but rotating the players, which is just about the worst thing you can do.

We have some cracking players, half the seasons games to go & are still only 2 wins off the top ten & 4 wins off the top five so hopefully we get the right replacement.

Haribo

Post by Haribo »

Taansend wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:47 am

He kept playing the same shape but rotating the players, which is just about the worst thing you can do.

We have some cracking players, half the seasons games to go & are still only 2 wins off the top ten & 4 wins off the top five so hopefully we get the right replacement.
I agree entirely, you can't blame the players if they are continually told to play a system and tactics that don't work. I am very disappointed, I liked Pelle, he is a gentleman but there is no doubt his insistence on playing the same system without a thought as to who we were playing or what players were available is astonishing, also the tactics need to be fluid during a game. I honestly think if we get any 'normal' experienced manager with the squad that we have there won't be a problem. Dare I also add that I feel a little sorry for the board because I think they appointed Pelle with the best of intentions.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Haribo wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:50 am
Taansend wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:47 am

I agree entirely, you can't blame the players if they are continually told to play a system and tactics that don't work. I am very disappointed, I liked Pelle, he is a gentleman but there is no doubt his insistence on playing the same system without a thought as to who we were playing or what players were available is astonishing, also the tactics need to be fluid during a game. I honestly think if we get any 'normal' experienced manager with the squad that we have there won't be a problem. Dare I also add that I feel a little sorry for the board because I think they appointed Pelle with the best of intentions.
Tactics do have to be fluid during a game and team structure should take into consideration the opposition, as you say. But I would expect professional footballers to have the basic knowledge to be able to identify issues on the pitch and react to them themselves without the manager or one of the coaching staff telling them to. FFS kids on a Sunday morning react to situations on the pitch without being told to so surely it's not unreasonable to expect people who spend all week practising to be able to do so.

Imo Pellegrini was far too stubborn in refusing to play with a back 3. Imo 3 of the players we have who are good enough are Balbuena, Diop and Ogbonna. One of those is always being left out under MP's system whereas the midfield is filled by players like Noble, Snodgrass and Sanchez who, imo, are Championship standard at best.

Players can't be blamed for being crap, it's the managers job to leave them out. But they can be blamed for basic lack of application and attention to detail.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

We have the most talent ? , just about I suppose , you can look at any of the teams around us and even below us who have players I would take and easily put into our first eleven , if not our squad and we would be improved ten fold . Watford are the only club I feel that has no one to offer over what are mentioned below .

Norwich - Aarons - Buendia - Cantwell
Bournemouth - Ake - Rico - Billings -
Aston Villa - Hause - Grealish - McGinn - El Ghazi - Nakamba ( have some terrific players , could add more )
Southampton - Ings - Ward-Prowse - Redmond
Brighton - Webster - Burn - Maupay - Mooys

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:48 am

We have the most talent ? , just about I suppose , you can look at any of the teams around us and even below us who have players I would take and easily put into our first eleven , if not our squad and we would be improved ten fold . Watford are the only club I feel that has no one to offer over what are mentioned below .

Norwich - Aarons - Buendia - Cantwell
Bournemouth - Ake - Rico - Billings -
Aston Villa - Hause - Grealish - McGinn - El Ghazi - Nakamba ( have some terrific players , could add more )
Southampton - Ings - Ward-Prowse - Redmond
Brighton - Webster - Burn - Maupay - Mooys
I can't understand why people seem to think we have all this talent sloshing around tbh. Imo we have 2 players who would get into most PL teams on merit, Fabianski & Rice. We have a decent trio of central defenders (why Pellegrini couldn't see this and play them all when fit god only knows) a player of immense promise, imo, in Fornals and, apart from Anderson when he's firing (rarely this season), precious little else. Maybe I'm doing a disservice to Haller who has all too rarely been seen as part of a front 2 which is how he made his name at Frankfurt, but even if we include him in the "good enough" category we are still woefully short of genuine class, and those who do have that little bit extra, like Yarmolenko and Lanzini, don't appear fit enough or robust enough to stand up to the challenge.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?