Protest Details.

Chat about anything football related here!
Parry Hotter

Re: Protest Details.

Post by Parry Hotter »

Didnt I see someone on here say membership is a tenner, If thats right someones making a fuckin mint if theres 10,000 members. Dont have to be a mathmatics genius to work that out. If Im wrong about that Im sorry but I think it was someone on here who said theyd paid a tenner.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:16 pm
prince of wales wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 pm Hammers United Statement.

Dear Members,

Hammers United were formed, in March 2019, to improve things for all West Ham United supporters.

The past year has been an incredible journey which has seen us gain FSA affiliated status, deal with UEFA and Parliament as well as grow to almost 10,000 members at the time of writing.

We have held firm, for the past 11 months, in our belief that improvements begin with dialogue.

We have lobbied tirelessly for change, continuously diverted by the cub to the unelected and much criticised Official Supporters Board.

A glimmer of hope appeared in December 2019, when we were invited to meet with the supporter liaison officer for the club. To our disappointment, having waited some time to hear back from the club, we were informed in January that there would be no secondmeeting.

We organised a static and peaceful gathering, under the banner of ‘West Ham United for Change’ which took place before the Everton match on the 18th of January. Fans and groups came together under this banner to voice their frustration and discontentwith the current ownership and to raise the profile of the drive for change.

Momentum gathered, and we continued to push for the dialogue we had always sought.

Despite encouraging signs with one of our Co-Chairman, and suggestions of frank and open dialogue, the club once more refused to meet without its unelected representatives.

A second protest is now planned, for the 29th of February.

In the 40 day build up to that protest date, our intention remained to build bridges.

With great disappointment, we find ourselves in a dire situation.

Not only have the club dismissed our suggestions of ways to mend the relationship, but they have actively taken steps which have seen the fragile trust built destroyed.

Unprecedented demands for an apology from Sky TV, denying press access to well respected journalists who have spoken out against them, Co-Chairman endorsing social media posts that fans are morons and suggesting that Hammers United put up a bond if fans wantmore away tickets for Liverpool.

As if this wasn’t enough, one of our own, Cameron Robson, was given a season long ban for no more than wearing a T-Shirt, whilst waving a club flag.

Over two years ago, with tensions running high, our own Chairman Paul Colborne selflessly made the ultimate sacrifice such was his frustration at the way our football club is run, placing a flag in the centre circle at the now infamous Burnley game.

Despite concerted efforts, we now recognise that we are once more at an impasse, as the olive branch extended by Hammers United has now been rejected at the highest levels in the club.

Accordingly, it is now the belief of this committee that we have exhausted that approach, and given the demonstrated position of the clubs management team and it’s owners, that the simple requests made by our members almost a year ago can only be deliveredthrough a change in regime.

We will therefore shortly be balloting our members to ask if you share the committees view and recognise that a different and more direct course of action is required, with a united campaign centred on delivering new leadership and ownership.

We remain proud and privileged to serve you, our members.

We are Hammers United.

We are West Ham United For Change.
I personally find using the phrase "the ultimate sacrifice" to describe the actions of some prick running onto the pitch with a corner flag a fucking insult to the people who put their fucking lives at risk every day in god forsaken shitholes all over the world so that people like that fucking moron can express their views publicly. Fucking disgraceful imo comparing a bloke who knowingly got himself banned for a bit of cheap publicity to people who are sent to places to do their duty by obeying orders and actually do make the ultimate sacrifice.

And how come Matt Law has now become a "respected journalist" ? He was a total knob head after he reported there were only 700 people statically protesting the other week.
The Ultimate Sacrifice,was meant as reference to us Whiskey nothing more...The guy loves the
Irons more than anyone,but knew he would cop a ban,in doing what he did,which was very much a
heat of the moment thing....I like to think I'm pretty laid back,but my gander was up,when I saw
what could have potentially happened outside...as well as in the ground,so I get where he was
coming from.

I can see how his actions could annoy you....but the guy is no prick mate...just passionate..

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:45 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:43 am
Excellent stuff. Matty Law didn't lose his LS visiting credentials in vain...will there be uplifting piano music at Anfield - asking for a friend...
Is it possible for piano music to be uplifting ?
How about Bach's Toccata in D Minor as used in the film "Rollerball"

My church belts it out, before the plate is passed around...and I only take a handler's fee

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Parry Hotter wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:55 am Didnt I see someone on here say membership is a tenner, If thats right someones making a fuckin mint if theres 10,000 members. Dont have to be a mathmatics genius to work that out. If Im wrong about that Im sorry but I think it was someone on here who said theyd paid a tenner.
Yeah ,think you've been misinformed Parry....it's just a sign up...no fee..

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales »

Parry Hotter.Membership of Hammers United is free and always has been.No-one has made a penny.Infact committee members are out of pocket cause leaflets etc.have been paid out of their own pockets.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:36 am
Newmarket wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:27 am

What’s retracted ? The seating or all the fucking lies you tight fisted welsh cunt ?

Still digging out Bubbles I see ... ffs there’s ain’t no pleasing you :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
And while you're at it get rid of those fucking bubble machines. We're not a fucking circus you know. :lol:

Btw you're a moderator aren't you ? What happened to the "Trouble at Mill" thread. The one claiming there were racial issues afoot.
Whisky.

Just why did you buy Haller ?

whu

Post by whu »

Parry Hotter wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:55 am Didnt I see someone on here say membership is a tenner, If thats right someones making a fuckin mint if theres 10,000 members. Dont have to be a mathmatics genius to work that out. If Im wrong about that Im sorry but I think it was someone on here who said theyd paid a tenner.
why post that? why not find out if there is a fee first? no fee. invalid post. have a nice day.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:01 am

I personally find using the phrase "the ultimate sacrifice" to describe the actions of some prick running onto the pitch with a corner flag a fucking insult to the people who put their fucking lives at risk every day in god forsaken shitholes all over the world so that people like that fucking moron can express their views publicly. Fucking disgraceful imo comparing a bloke who knowingly got himself banned for a bit of cheap publicity to people who are sent to places to do their duty by obeying orders and actually do make the ultimate sacrifice.

And how come Matt Law has now become a "respected journalist" ? He was a total knob head after he reported there were only 700 people statically protesting the other week.
The Ultimate Sacrifice,was meant as reference to us Whiskey nothing more...The guy loves the
Irons more than anyone,but knew he would cop a ban,in doing what he did,which was very much a
heat of the moment thing....I like to think I'm pretty laid back,but my gander was up,when I saw
what could have potentially happened outside...as well as in the ground,so I get where he was
coming from.

I can see how his actions could annoy you....but the guy is no prick mate...just passionate..
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:01 am

coming from.

His actions din't annoy me tbh, although I'll stand by my comment that anyone doing what he did is bloody silly because there is only ever going to be one outcome.

My gripe is about the OP referring to him as having made the "Ultimate sacrifice". That might mean something different to other people but to me it means giving up your life for others. And that is something that can't in any way shape or form be compared with the fortunes of a fucking football club. Thankfully I've never lost a friend or relative serving in the forces but many, sadly, have and I was fucking livid when I saw that choice of words.

Just something I got the right hump about when I read it. I don't suppose anyone from Hammers United gives a fuck about what I think and I don't give a fuck what they think about me so I think we'll leave it there.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

whu

Post by whu »

it was a bit silly but I totally get the frustration. i was at the lower front ready to go on the pitch that day (i sit upper tier) as were a few of us. sometimes only a physical show of disobedience works. whether you attend or not, who is happy with the current situation (on any level) and also thinks the owners are making a lot of money out of WHUFC? if you say yes to both, you need to act or STFU and eat shit to eternity.

super-businesswoman brady isn't failing, her bosses are raking it in. as is she, on a seven figure sum in a part time capacity.

the difference is the customer. loyal supporters like us are not lets say 'coffee drinkers' … who will fuck off from costa to starbucks if standards drop. this is our team. we will draw in excess of 45k if we drop a division and it is totally that backdrop, that leaves us as supporters, as the massive fall guys.

for that reason, get active ffs. while you still have some fragments of a proper club. it's being eroded and pretty quickly. i say this as someone who said 'let's give stratford a go' …. in hindisght, it was a massive mistake. a massive mistake built on a lie that we couldn't develop upton park. the reasoning was the bus garage at upton park and a lack of being able to develop the east stand (chicken run). once we left, so did the fucking bus garage. almost immediately.... and they allege harry redknapp was the brown envelope man … he was an amateur compared to antics at upton park with these at the helm. all now compounded with clamping down on legitimate protest and free speaking journalists. massive toxic circus, cunts.

let's march....
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.