Are we any better than Moyes?

Chat about anything football related here!
Longshanks

Re: Are we any better than Moyes?

Post by Longshanks »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:25 am Ha, the new numbers being a font of knowledge. And coincidentally mentioning taans in the opening post. Someone who's not on here anymore , when I asked him if he was the new numbers, said he'd have 50 on it being taans. I was thinking more 25 each way on whisky or pale. The plot thickens. ;)
Taans is Numbers. Fact always was always will be. 👍🏻
I can’t stand Thrush. Fact.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

redhammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:26 am He had the audacity to rock back up and take a job he was deemed not good enough for 18 months ago, with the second worst win ratio in our history of managers and claim winning is what he does.

Then settled for a point at home to everton when we are in a relegation battle with Leicester, Liverpool twice and City round the corner.

Fans deserve better, players need better but it’s what Sullivan deserves.
Put like that,it's certainly going to be a challenge for him to win January Manager of the Month...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:31 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:45 am
...apart from that
Well, he could have mentioned the Omoyinmi fiasco under Twitchy the spiv that forced us to replay a game we had previously won-----and then lost. :lol:
Let`s never forget being 2 goals up in a League Cup Semi-Final,2nd leg,with one half of football to go...Birmingham City,who couldn't hit a barn door for a goal were averaging less than a goal a game and come back to knock us out 3-1.

Then there was 2006..The only club to be denied the FA Cup in injury time.Can only happen to us :cry:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Funny really, everyone said it would take Peller 2 Seasons and a free spend, a £170 mill of that
he got thru...to turn us into a half decent side....

Moyes is here a Month,no incoming,shit load of injuries...to what our our key players,loses one game
to a shit hot side and everyone wants to hang him up from our fucking scaffolding.... :lol: .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

redhammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:26 am He had the audacity to rock back up and take a job he was deemed not good enough for 18 months ago, with the second worst win ratio in our history of managers and claim winning is what he does.

Then settled for a point at home to everton when we are in a relegation battle with Leicester, Liverpool twice and City round the corner.

Audacity ? That's crap mate. If you had been unemployed for 18 months and you were offered the job you'd effectively been fired from wouldn't you take it ? And tbh I'm not even sure we do deserve better tbh. We can all remember hearing Allardyce out, Bilic out, Moyes out, Pellegrini out and now Moyes out again. We're just like any other bunch of football fans. we moan like merry fuck but continue spending good money watching sub standard entertainment. Is it any wonder fans are treated as cash cows ?

And some of us are even deluded enough to think we could attract the likes of Ancelotti. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

How happy is numbers with the signing of Gedson Fernandes now I wonder.

Is he still useless or has he transformed into the next Messi? 😆
Flairon

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

9898 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:35 am Why do we believe Moyes is not good enough for West Ham?
We have won nothing for nearly 40 years.
Many of the so called glory days resulted in no trophies.
I think fans are harping back to a yesterday that never existed.
Getting an ex Manchester United manager is an achievement for us.

Fans optimism needs to be reset and realism is required for many.
Fans unrealistic expectations could be causing a lot of problems.

Maybe taansend is correct, we need to he happy with our lot rather than think we should be competing at a higher level.
Happy? We are above the drop zone on a small goal difference margin ,that our game in hand against the red bin men will surely put us in the bottom three.
Not just that not all man Utd ex managers are gods,enter Ron Atkinson.

The truth is West Ham will go down from time to time,put Ronaldo,Aguero in a Hammers shirt they'd be shit (or get injured) this team just isn't strong enough,relegation on the cards,not happy just resigned.......again.coyi

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:10 am

Audacity ? That's crap mate. If you had been unemployed for 18 months and you were offered the job you'd effectively been fired from wouldn't you take it ? And tbh I'm not even sure we do deserve better tbh. We can all remember hearing Allardyce out, Bilic out, Moyes out, Pellegrini out and now Moyes out again. We're just like any other bunch of football fans. we moan like merry fuck but continue spending good money watching sub standard entertainment. Is it any wonder fans are treated as cash cows ?

And some of us are even deluded enough to think we could attract the likes of Ancelotti. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I never said anything about him taking the job, it was in regards to his claim that winning is what he does, despite his record first time round and nobody wishing to employ him afterwards, despite his claims.

I wasn’t Slav out and would suggest I was in the minority which got smaller every week with Pellegrini. I was certainly Moyes out though.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:06 am Funny really, everyone said it would take Peller 2 Seasons and a free spend, a £170 mill of that
he got thru...to turn us into a half decent side....

Moyes is here a Month,no incoming,shit load of injuries...to what our our key players,loses one game
to a shit hot side and everyone wants to hang him up from our fucking scaffolding.... :lol: .
£170m? You must be the one Sullivan is getting his figures off.

Pelle spent £90m the first year and we saw improvement.
It's no coincidence that only £30m second year saw it all that progress flushed down the shitter.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

redhammer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:10 am

I never said anything about him taking the job, it was in regards to his claim that winning is what he does, despite his record first time round and nobody wishing to employ him afterwards, despite his claims.

I wasn’t Slav out and would suggest I was in the minority which got smaller every week with Pellegrini. I was certainly Moyes out though.
I'm not digging out individuals I am saying that as fans we are a whiny fucking bunch, just like fans of most clubs, including, at this time, the once mighty Manchester "we're Man United, we do what we want" United. Even our most successful manager ever was given dog's abuse towards the end of his management a long time ago. So it ain't a new phenomenon.

We have, pr at least a lot of us do, ideas above our station. FFS we haven't won anything since the bloody Inter Toto Cup, and that was over 20 years ago. We are going to have to learn to accept that Moyes, and people like him , is as good as it's likely to get under this ownership.

Don't like it ? Keep your money in your pocket and don't fucking go would be my suggestion. Then, and only then, might the dwarf and his octogenarian bed buddy get the bigger picture.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?