Why did this forum not become the new footymad?

Chat about anything football related here!

Why did this forum not become the new footymad?

Post by 9898 »

Footymad was finished. This forum continued. Posters migrated at first. What happened?
It lacks what Footymad had in abundance. Why?
The forum on here seems to be dead but the social media side seems to be doing ok.
Did this become a Mumsnet for West ham fans - People suffering social loneliness meet up with virtual like minded people and make friends. A kind of Grindr without the excitement. Is that what this site is used for?
Why is this forum lacking?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Re: Why did this forum not become the new footymad?

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:03 am Footymad was finished. This forum continued. Posters migrated at first. What happened?
The forum on here seems to be dead but the social media side seems to be doing ok.
Did this become a Mumsnet for West ham fans - People suffering social loneliness meet up with virtual like minded people and make friends. A kind of Grindr without the excitement. Is that what this site is used for?
This forum isn’t lacking .

The difference between the 2 forums was that footymad was a nationwide network , every league club and more had their own page ( for the benefit of those who don’t know) Hammers Mad , Tottenham Mad , Millwall Mad & so on , and you could log into each other’s forums with the wind ups , banter etc .

Was good fun whilst it lasted but it died a death eventually.
Why that happened is the question that maybe you should have asked.
That along with why our regular posters post here instead of other forums ?

Or why Hammerchats You Tube subscribers don’t visit the forum ?

My view is it’s an age thing and youngsters these days can’t won’t or are unable to communicate in writing and/or have an opinion of their own without the 2 Ronnie’s prompting them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good topic though.
Bring back Jonathon !

garnett

Post by garnett »

9898 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:03 am A kind of Grindr without the excitement.
I will have to take your word on that Piers.
I used to enjoy the interaction between us and other teams supporters, only you now......allegedly

Post by 9898 »

garnett wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:13 am
9898 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:03 am A kind of Grindr without the excitement.
I will have to take your word on that Piers.
I used to enjoy the interaction between us and other teams supporters, only you now......allegedly
Calling yourself after a faux cockney, WHO SUPPORTED SPURS, does not make you West Ham.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Because I`m bored I will entertain you, I chose my username because the character is synonymous with WHUFC and guess what, no one else was using it. But your right having that username does not make me a WHU fan, I was one long long before PC`s were even invented, in fact I was 6.

Have a nice day now

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:03 am Footymad was finished. This forum continued. Posters migrated at first. What happened?
Because you're fucking on here.

Post by 9898 »

Castiron wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:12 am
Because you're fucking on here.
Is that a perverted insight into your mind? Your fantasy?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:40 am
This forum isn’t lacking .

The difference between the 2 forums was that footymad was a nationwide network , every league club and more had their own page ( for the benefit of those who don’t know) Hammers Mad , Tottenham Mad , Millwall Mad & so on , and you could log into each other’s forums with the wind ups , banter etc .

Was good fun whilst it lasted but it died a death eventually.
Why that happened is the question that maybe you should have asked.
That along with why our regular posters post here instead of other forums ?

Or why Hammerchats You Tube subscribers don’t visit the forum ?

My view is it’s an age thing and youngsters these days can’t won’t or are unable to communicate in writing and/or have an opinion of their own without the 2 Ronnie’s prompting them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good topic though.
Might be wrong but I seem to remember the Footy Mad website owners committed Hari Kari when they introduced a lot of advertising which pretty much fucked up the experience. But it was some time ago so the memory could be playing tricks------again.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Anyone got any nice recipes ?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Funny how someone Claiming that this site is “lacking” is always on here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Numbnuts you are very amusing.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.