jeremy Ngakia

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: jeremy Ngakia

Post by palerider »

Joking apart.

IF the lad is concerned about his future with the rumour about a new right-back, I hope he realises that any bid, if it comes, will amount to half a crown up front in old money, with the rest over a ten year period as long as we stay up.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

If that is indeed the case. For me, the fact that 3 you lads are willing to leave the club at this time; is course for concern and worthy of further review.
Flairon

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron »

Flairon wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:05 am Let's not jump to conclusion and slag the young lad of ffs.

If what I have read is true, the club have apparently offered him an extension to his trainee contract why the formulate a formal contract offer.

If that is correct, it would appear to be rather short cited tbh. FFS, how long does it take to put a contract together for a young lad? The fact that they have (allegedly) only offered an extension to his current contract suggest that they want to take a longer look at him and may not yet be convinced that he is the real deal. You surely cannot be mad at the young man for looking out for his best interests, in what is a relatively short career.

It is interesting to note that two other youth stars have reportedly refused to sign new contracts (16 year old Benicio Baker-Boaitey and 18 year old Veron Parkes).

Do we have a crisis of confidence amongst our youth players or are their other issues afoot?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/

https://www.claretandhugh.info/another- ... -to-leave/
Agreed about other youth players, and there's even another one, Daniel Chesters, I think....so maybe there is something wrong at the club.
As for Ngakia, Gonzo (especially in his own blog) and Geo came to the conclusion that Ngakia had probably already signed for another club....and the whole way this has all come out, it gives that impression.
As for wanting a better deal, as far as I'm concerned, at that age players should be totally focused on getting into the 1st team and cementing a place. If they do that, they will earn megabucks. Simple as that.

But all this pre-1st team maneuvering as unproven players - just potential - makes me want to wretch.
Most players don't make it, so they should surround themselves with people who keep their feet on the ground instead of agents bigging them up so much their swollen heads can't get through the door (as Big Sam referred to Morrison). They would still be earning huge amounts that you and I could only dream of anyway.
How much does a youngster need?
It puts the emphasis in completely the wrong place. He should be focused on his career, not money, and is likely to have a negative effect on his career.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

There is almost nothing on the subject. All I could find was this:

hd1

Post by hd1 »

The world of transfers, wages and new contracts is going to be very different after this season I reckon.

However rich we think clubs and owners are, they have lost huge sums during this lockdown period and will continue to do so if the games are played in empty stadia and broadcast for free.

Now whilst I don't have much sympathy for their plight, it is realistic to think that because of this big money transfers will be few and far between, which will have a knock on effect down through the ranks, including for contract renewals.

Whatever the true story, Ngakia has shown some promise but will not be our first choice RB, and with the reality of the situation his agent is probably going to be asking for unrealistic money. The questions any player needs to ask themselves are "Will I get the money elsewhere" and "Will I be first choice"?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Sounds like an agent trying to pull a flanker

Make a decent offer or fuck him off

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

FatPigIron wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:22 pm
Flairon wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:05 am Let's not jump to conclusion and slag the young lad of ffs.

If what I have read is true, the club have apparently offered him an extension to his trainee contract why the formulate a formal contract offer.

If that is correct, it would appear to be rather short cited tbh. FFS, how long does it take to put a contract together for a young lad? The fact that they have (allegedly) only offered an extension to his current contract suggest that they want to take a longer look at him and may not yet be convinced that he is the real deal. You surely cannot be mad at the young man for looking out for his best interests, in what is a relatively short career.

It is interesting to note that two other youth stars have reportedly refused to sign new contracts (16 year old Benicio Baker-Boaitey and 18 year old Veron Parkes).

Do we have a crisis of confidence amongst our youth players or are their other issues afoot?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/

https://www.claretandhugh.info/another- ... -to-leave/
Agreed about other youth players, and there's even another one, Daniel Chesters, I think....so maybe there is something wrong at the club.
As for Ngakia, Gonzo (especially in his own blog) and Geo came to the conclusion that Ngakia had probably already signed for another club....and the whole way this has all come out, it gives that impression.
As for wanting a better deal, as far as I'm concerned, at that age players should be totally focused on getting into the 1st team and cementing a place. If they do that, they will earn megabucks. Simple as that.

But all this pre-1st team maneuvering as unproven players - just potential - makes me want to wretch.
Most players don't make it, so they should surround themselves with people who keep their feet on the ground instead of agents bigging them up so much their swollen heads can't get through the door (as Big Sam referred to Morrison). They would still be earning huge amounts that you and I could only dream of anyway.
It puts the emphasis in completely the wrong place. He should be focused on his career, not money, and is likely to have a negative effect on his career.
Morrison should be held up as a shinning example as how not to proceed or conduct oneself early in a young man's career.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

FatPigIron wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:22 pm

Asking how much a youngster needs is a bit naive mate. Football is a different beast to other jobs so when a kid turns 17 and can sign his first pro contract it's inevitable anyone with potential will get sounded out.

As said Ngakia is still learning his trade but he is probably thinking he might as well continue to learn it with someone prepared to give him the most lucrative contract. Things might well be different if and when football gets back to normal but a decent contract at 17 could set a kid up financially for life. Sure, having a lot of money early in life might destroy any incentive to work hard to improve (Reece Oxford anyone ?) but let's face it when you're 17 do you really think about things like that ?

And without knowing specific figures how many of us, naybe earning a decent wedge at our jobs, would turn down a fat salary increase ? Even if we didn't "need" the extra income.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Look at it another way

You have an employee - he is arguably third choice in his position.

You have ZERO income at the moment and your employee comes up and says "I want a long contract and a pay rise"

Who in their right mind would commit to a minimum £2.5million contract for a guy who has played 3 games and you have no idea when the next cheque is going to arrive as a business?

Football needs reshaping and if this is the start then so be it.

Adam Newton was an amazing right back at youth level - looked an amazing prospect - finished off his career with 5 seasons at Woking!

There will be a flood of players on the market this summer - all having to take a pay cut.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Seems to me how out of touch the spoilt fuckers are to the real world.