jeremy Ngakia

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: jeremy Ngakia

Post by Flairon »

You may have a point there.
Flairon

h69

Post by h69 »

FatPigIron wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:22 pm
Flairon wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:05 am Let's not jump to conclusion and slag the young lad of ffs.

If what I have read is true, the club have apparently offered him an extension to his trainee contract why the formulate a formal contract offer.

If that is correct, it would appear to be rather short cited tbh. FFS, how long does it take to put a contract together for a young lad? The fact that they have (allegedly) only offered an extension to his current contract suggest that they want to take a longer look at him and may not yet be convinced that he is the real deal. You surely cannot be mad at the young man for looking out for his best interests, in what is a relatively short career.

It is interesting to note that two other youth stars have reportedly refused to sign new contracts (16 year old Benicio Baker-Boaitey and 18 year old Veron Parkes).

Do we have a crisis of confidence amongst our youth players or are their other issues afoot?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/

https://www.claretandhugh.info/another- ... -to-leave/
Agreed about other youth players, and there's even another one, Daniel Chesters, I think....so maybe there is something wrong at the club.
As for Ngakia, Gonzo (especially in his own blog) and Geo came to the conclusion that Ngakia had probably already signed for another club....and the whole way this has all come out, it gives that impression.
As for wanting a better deal, as far as I'm concerned, at that age players should be totally focused on getting into the 1st team and cementing a place. If they do that, they will earn megabucks. Simple as that.

But all this pre-1st team maneuvering as unproven players - just potential - makes me want to wretch.
Most players don't make it, so they should surround themselves with people who keep their feet on the ground instead of agents bigging them up so much their swollen heads can't get through the door (as Big Sam referred to Morrison). They would still be earning huge amounts that you and I could only dream of anyway.
How much does a youngster need?
It puts the emphasis in completely the wrong place. He should be focused on his career, not money, and is likely to have a negative effect on his career.
goodpost:)

Great post. Get your head down and play and the money will come. Domingos Quina has hardly been a regular at Watford with 8 games so far. He was another Billy big bollocks and thought he would mash it up in the PL.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:15 pm
FatPigIron wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:22 pm

Agreed about other youth players, and there's even another one, Daniel Chesters, I think....so maybe there is something wrong at the club.
As for Ngakia, Gonzo (especially in his own blog) and Geo came to the conclusion that Ngakia had probably already signed for another club....and the whole way this has all come out, it gives that impression.
As for wanting a better deal, as far as I'm concerned, at that age players should be totally focused on getting into the 1st team and cementing a place. If they do that, they will earn megabucks. Simple as that.

But all this pre-1st team maneuvering as unproven players - just potential - makes me want to wretch.
Most players don't make it, so they should surround themselves with people who keep their feet on the ground instead of agents bigging them up so much their swollen heads can't get through the door (as Big Sam referred to Morrison). They would still be earning huge amounts that you and I could only dream of anyway.
How much does a youngster need?
It puts the emphasis in completely the wrong place. He should be focused on his career, not money, and is likely to have a negative effect on his career.
goodpost:)

Great post. Get your head down and play and the money will come. Domingos Quina has hardly been a regular at Watford with 8 games so far. He was another Billy big bollocks and thought he would mash it up in the PL.
True enough. But if you believe someone may be daft enough to offer a substantial increase on your salary wouldn't you be foolish not to explore the possibility ? A substantial contract at 18 could, if the money is used wisely, set up someone for life.

But the current situation has probably concentrated minds involved with the finances of the game and it's likely that salaries in the future will reflect this. Particularly when those clubs who have spent future earnings in the expectation the money will continue rolling in discover the potential black holes on future balance sheets.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

palerider wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:54 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:38 am

So somebody posts a rumour and suddenly Ngakia is turned into the fucking antichrist.

And someone once said our supporters are the best around. Not if this attitude is typical they aren't FFS.
But he's right.

Ngakia was round here last weekend with a load of his mates drinking and making a nuisance on the green outside. No social distancing at all.

When I politely asked him to desist he told me to fuck off and threw a bottle at my window. Then keyed my car when he ran off with the Old Bill sirens blaring.

You'd never see Zabaleta doing that.
Only because poor old Zab can't run anymore. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

garnett

Post by garnett »

I couldn`t give a flying fuck about this guy now, he clearly doesn`t want to play for us, so.....bye.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Yep, We can just about cope with Fredericks for rest of season. Just highlights though we need a right back pronto before next season. Unless of course we are relegated then we can stick with Fredericks as that is his level.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:08 pm Yep, We can just about cope with Fredericks for rest of season. Just highlights though we need a right back pronto before next season. Unless of course we are relegated then we can stick with Fredericks as that is his level.
What's happened to Ben Johnson.?

I mean the bloke who plays full back for us, not the Canadian bloke who won an Olympic gold medal and then had it taken back.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:21 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:08 pm Yep, We can just about cope with Fredericks for rest of season. Just highlights though we need a right back pronto before next season. Unless of course we are relegated then we can stick with Fredericks as that is his level.

I mean the bloke who plays full back for us, not the Canadian bloke who won an Olympic gold medal and then had it taken back.
Pretty much injured all the time.

Though I believe he’s “fit” at the moment.

Mind you so is Jack Wheelchair
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:56 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Pretty much injured all the time.

Though I believe he’s “fit” at the moment.

Mind you so is Jack Wheelchair

"You go back Jack.. do it again..wheels turnin round and round"........Name that tune and band...

Played it Earlier ...love it...but does make me think of him now..... :lol:

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

One decent game, and now he's fucking moaning about his wages. Fuck off!.
When you've consistently earnt it by playing well, then you may be able to dictate what you earn.
There was me thinking what a nice, down to earth kid he was. How wrong you can be.