jeremy Ngakia

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: jeremy Ngakia

Post by Whiskyman »

Guess there's two possible scenarios here.

One is that he's already signed, or agreed to sign for, someone when his contract is finished at the end of the month. In which case I agree that we're stupid even allowing the bloke to train with us until he leaves. But maybe he just hasn't signed and is still negotiating. And if that's the case he should continue to be treated like any other squad member.

No doubt we'll find out the true situation soon.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

It seems obvious to me that Ngakia's agent isn't fielding too many calls from other teams matching their demands for such an unproven talent. Therefore, we can wait and negotiate till the point where the 2 sides come closer together. This is a dangerous game as other teams may also wait, but at this point, given his limited exposure in the prem, he'd be a fool not to at least sign a contract till the end of the season or accept a lesser wage for a multi-year contract with us.
#fuckqatar2022

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Hammertime wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:28 pm It seems obvious to me that Ngakia's agent isn't fielding too many calls from other teams matching their demands for such an unproven talent. Therefore, we can wait and negotiate till the point where the 2 sides come closer together. This is a dangerous game as other teams may also wait, but at this point, given his limited exposure in the prem, he'd be a fool not to at least sign a contract till the end of the season or accept a lesser wage for a multi-year contract with us.
Tbh if I was advising him, or for that matter any young player who had just broken into the first team, I'd be telling him not to rush into signing for anyone. Obviously this season's different because it's going on well past June when contracts normally run out, but surely it's best to keep all his options open, which includes signing a contract at West Ham, and wait to see what offers come along. If other clubs show interest, talk to them, see what they have to offer financially and have a look to see what players you'd be competing with for first team jerseys, and then make your decision.

Rumford

Post by Rumford »

Cant really see the point of spending millions on bringing players through a youth system then trying to save a few grand on wages with a youngster who might make the grade.

Not exactly going to help attracting young kids to the academy is it

Yet another WHUFC counter productive penny pinching strategy that will prove short sighted in the long run.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Rumford wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:22 pm Cant really see the point of spending millions on bringing players through a youth system then trying to save a few grand on wages with a youngster who might make the grade.

Not exactly going to help attracting young kids to the academy is it

Yet another WHUFC counter productive penny pinching strategy that will prove short sighted in the long run.
Valid point. But the other side of that coin is what happened to the last kid from our academy who was bigged up as being the next superstar. Everyone from the dwarf down to a lot of fans were wetting their knickers that he'd be off. I seem to remember Manchester United were mentioned quite a lot when the kid's name came up.

Remember Reece Oxford ? He can't get a game with Augsburg, struggling in the Bundesliga, at the moment.

Rumford

Post by Rumford »

Oxford was given a mad deal...including a silly slice to his agent.

That shouldnt mean that we low ball every other kid such as Rice and Jezza like they have done.

You just have to look at Wheelchair and Jarmo to see where our wage problems are, not 15k to the Youth coming through.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:46 pm
Hammertime wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:28 pm It seems obvious to me that Ngakia's agent isn't fielding too many calls from other teams matching their demands for such an unproven talent. Therefore, we can wait and negotiate till the point where the 2 sides come closer together. This is a dangerous game as other teams may also wait, but at this point, given his limited exposure in the prem, he'd be a fool not to at least sign a contract till the end of the season or accept a lesser wage for a multi-year contract with us.
Tbh if I was advising him, or for that matter any young player who had just broken into the first team, I'd be telling him not to rush into signing for anyone. Obviously this season's different because it's going on well past June when contracts normally run out, but surely it's best to keep all his options open, which includes signing a contract at West Ham, and wait to see what offers come along. If other clubs show interest, talk to them, see what they have to offer financially and have a look to see what players you'd be competing with for first team jerseys, and then make your decision.
I'm convinced he will sign a one month extension to his deal at the last and allow himself to showcase his talents for a larger sample size before being out of contract. It's a win-win as we get what appears to be our first choice RB for the run-in, he's motivated by a looming contract, we stay up, sign the Argentinian fella and then bid young Jeremy adieu!
#fuckqatar2022

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Rumford wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:40 pm Oxford was given a mad deal...including a silly slice to his agent.

That shouldnt mean that we low ball every other kid such as Rice and Jezza like they have done.

You just have to look at Wheelchair and Jarmo to see where our wage problems are, not 15k to the Youth coming through.
Agree that Wheelchair was an absurd signing. A dwarf vanity signing, just like Hart, on top dollar for vastly over rated players. Wheelchair had managed 142 games for Arsenal in his career there which should have sent loud warning bells all over.

But I've got no idea what has been offered to Ngakia and I can only say if I was his agent, or adviser, I'd be telling him not to be in any hurry to sign anything for anyone at the moment. Hold fire and see what's on offer, then decide. And if that means staying at West Ham, so be it.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Did he play in the one of the recent friendlies? If so, might that not suggest all is not done and dusted with regard to his departure from the club?
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:55 am Did he play in the one of the recent friendlies? If so, might that not suggest all is not done and dusted with regard to his departure from the club?
Played and scored in the Palace friendly apparently. And imo that suggests you may be right about nothing being decided yet. Certainly if he has made it clear he doesn't want to stay we are wasting our time playing him.

But there is a huge difference between him not agreeing to a new contract as soon as one is offered and deciding categorically he wants to leave. If he's sensible he'll see what's on offer, including what we put on the table, and then make his mind up.