That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:37 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:54 am

I interview and hire people as well and I am not allowed to take their ethnic background into consideration at all so for me it opens a can of worms...if you have to have at least one black applicant then do you also have to have at least one Hispanic, Indian, Chinese, European, Welsh or Irishman as well ?

We have to report what our numbers are regarding ethnicity (along with gender stats as well) and assuming it turns out we are heavily biased one way or another then there would likely be some kind of investigation to check we were employing people based on their ability.

I think the Rooney rule is condescending to black people as they may wonder if they only got the job because of stats. Better someone like Paul Ince or Chris Hughton get the job because the club think they are the best bet at the time.
No mate, all those nationalities would be under BAME. Except welsh, Irish off course as not classed as minority.
As I said it is to encourage minorities to apply to jobs/roles they might not have applied to before as they might feel they wouldn’t get chance.
It also not forcing you to appoint just give an opportunity.

You might get better candidates. ;)
Fair enough but to be honest...why not just say all applicants are welcome. Its a lot fucking easier than this nonsense.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Or maybe Employers or Interviewers should just say ~:

Come apply for this job . We can not and will not be held responsible if you feel so insecure that you feel you won’t be given a fair crack of the whip.

So man up and give it your best shot.
Bring back Jonathon !

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:19 am It’s called , ironically, positive discrimination.

And it appears to be rife and can only get worse with current affairs ongoing.
I know I'm being pedantic Tim, but it's called positive action, not positive discrimination. Not that it changes anything.

Hope you're well.

Love from your favourite lefty x

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 »

Gonzo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:35 pm I'm quite surprised by this.

There had been negotiations for the names of the 180 NHS workers who'd dies on the front line to be honoured on the shirts.

As sad as the fella being murdered by the US police is there have been 60,000 additional deaths in the UK during the past 3 months. The whole reason for football stopping has been the killer virus and trying to stop the spread.

Personally I'd rather the the virus & BLM were not even mentioned in the football but surely if there is a narrative it has to be thousands who've died recently in this country.

It really should be a period of reflective mourning if anything. I'm really surprised to see the protests dominating and superseding the recent loss of life.
Spot on Gonzo. It may surprise some who know me but I think this is a bit of an OG by the PL. If they desperately want to acknowledge BLM, by all means put it on the hoardings around the pitch etc. but I'd sooner see "Thank You NHS" or something on the shirts. If anything at all.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Jacko1966 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:15 pm
Gonzo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:35 pm I'm quite surprised by this.

There had been negotiations for the names of the 180 NHS workers who'd dies on the front line to be honoured on the shirts.

As sad as the fella being murdered by the US police is there have been 60,000 additional deaths in the UK during the past 3 months. The whole reason for football stopping has been the killer virus and trying to stop the spread.

Personally I'd rather the the virus & BLM were not even mentioned in the football but surely if there is a narrative it has to be thousands who've died recently in this country.

It really should be a period of reflective mourning if anything. I'm really surprised to see the protests dominating and superseding the recent loss of life.
Spot on Gonzo. It may surprise some who know me but I think this is a bit of an OG by the PL. If they desperately want to acknowledge BLM, by all means put it on the hoardings around the pitch etc. but I'd sooner see "Thank You NHS" or something on the shirts. If anything at all.
Dr Alfa Saadu, a black doctor who'd saved lives for 40 years died from Covid 19 at the Whittington hospital in North London at the heart of the pandemic.

Had there have been a campaign then and the PL had made their case (obviously Dr Saadu wasn't the only one), you'd have been a cunt of the highest order to moan about it.

Yet a black American, 4000 miles away in a place that many won't have heard of, high on drugs, gets murdered, yes by corrupt white officers, but whose CV included holding a gun to the stomach of a pregnant woman while his pals robbed the house, and all of a sudden the world and his fucking wife are up in arms.

Fuck my old boots.

I refuse to be party to Sky's wankfest. And it's not yet known if the BLM with the badges is for the rest of this season only, but the damage has already been done.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Dr Alfa Saadu, a black doctor who'd saved lives for 40 years died from Covid 19 at the Whittington hospital in North London at the heart of the pandemic.

Had there have been a campaign then and the PL had made their case (obviously Dr Saadu wasn't the only one), you'd have been a cunt of the highest order to moan about it.

Yet a black American, 4000 miles away in a place that many won't have heard of, high on drugs, gets murdered, yes by corrupt white officers, but whose CV included holding a gun to the stomach of a pregnant woman while his pals robbed the house, and all of a sudden the world and his fucking wife are up in arms.

Fuck my old boots.

I refuse to be party to Sky's wankfest. And it's not yet known if the BLM with the badges is for the rest of this season only, but the damage has already been done.
FFS. So now you're blaming Sky for the fucking BLM nutters going bananas. Can I say bananas in this context btw, or does the mention of that particular fruit mean I'll be getting a visit from the thought police ?

It's started to rain here. Fucking Murdoch. Aussie cunt's got a lot to answer for. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Fuck my old boots.

Winds me right up to.

The persons or people that made that decision,where the f*ck are there morals?It staggers me tbh..Makes me so angry.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Don’t know what’s fucking worse arse licking the BLM wankers or arse licking the Bindipper cunts.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:07 pm

Fuck my old boots.

FFS. So now you're blaming Sky for the fucking BLM nutters going bananas. Can I say bananas in this context btw, or does the mention of that particular fruit mean I'll be getting a visit from the thought police ?

It's started to rain here. Fucking Murdoch. Aussie cunt's got a lot to answer for. :lol:
You can probably say banana but Aussie Cunt is definitely racist 😂

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

Gonzo wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:36 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:07 pm

You can probably say banana but Aussie Cunt is definitely racist 😂
Just for the record, Murdoch is American. He had to give up his Aussie citizenship so he could buy into Fox Network.........He remains a cunt though..... just not an Australian one (anymore)...