Academy Prospects Released

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Re: Academy Prospects Released

Post by redhammer »

Flairon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:59 pm
redhammer wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:08 pm

To add to this, I know of one parent of a current youngster at West Ham who is very angry at the way his sons contract was dealt with, he signed it in the end but was shocked at how things were handled.
Are you able to be more specific?
If I remember, I will once he leaves but he’s still a West Ham player and signed the contract, you have heard of him.

Wasn’t necessarily the terms or wages he was annoyed with but the way the club dealt with it.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

There’s also still a clique culture throughout football that goes right the way through Sunday league up to professional.
My uncle used to be manager of Essex county and told me some pretty amazing stories of talent being pushed aside for less able kids who’s dads were “one of the boys” as it were.

Also my cousin’s son was in West Ham’s academy and was told that he was “too small”.

It’s a dog eat dog business and it’s often the kids with the most ruthless parents that prosper.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:20 am There’s also still a clique culture throughout football that goes right the way through Sunday league up to professional.
My uncle used to be manager of Essex county and told me some pretty amazing stories of talent being pushed aside for less able kids who’s dads were “one of the boys” as it were.

Also my cousin’s son was in West Ham’s academy and was told that he was “too small”.

It’s a dog eat dog business and it’s often the kids with the most ruthless parents that prosper.
Good points. But is it ruthlessness or, in some cases, ambition ? I think it's widely accepted that ability alone isn't enough for someone to make the grade at any sort of level. Determination, and maybe a bit of a ruthless streak, are needed as well.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

redhammer wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:59 pm
Flairon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:59 pm

Are you able to be more specific?
If I remember, I will once he leaves but he’s still a West Ham player and signed the contract, you have heard of him.

Wasn’t necessarily the terms or wages he was annoyed with but the way the club dealt with it.
I am intrigued.
Flairon