Declan heading west ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Rick_Deckard

Declan heading west ?

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"SunSport exclusively revealed that Chelsea are keen to sign Declan Rice from West Ham.

But the Hammers do not want to sell their main man, and would ask for a lot more than the £45million Chelsea think they could get him for.
West Ham value the England international closer to £70m.
The ultimate price would depend on if the Hammers are relegated – when the loss of money coupled with the hit due to the Covid-19 crisis would hit them doubly hard."

"SunSport's Duncan Wright has exclusively revealed that the Blues want Declan Rice to lead their defence next season – and are growing confident they will wrap up a deal to sign the West Ham star this summer.
Frank Lampard is desperate for someone to come into the heart of his back line and help drive a challenge for the Premier League title next season.
Hammers star Rice is the man he wants, with Lampard keen to shift him from the holding midfield position he currently plays in back to his natural home in the centre of defence.
Chelsea have sounded out their London rivals over a deal this summer and believe they can get their man for around £45million.
And though he has forced his way into the England squad on the back of his displays in midfield, SunSport understands Rice himself would be open to changing positions.
The 21-year-old played at centre-back in the recent game against Wolves and Hammers boss David Moyes has said he is as good in the back line as he is in midfield."

Flairon

Re: Declan heading west ?

Post by Flairon »

For one I would not like to sell him.

Secondly, why are we nit playing him at the heart of our defence?

It would strengthen the back 4vand open up options in midfield.
Flairon

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Flairon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:20 pm For one I would not like to sell him.

We have a good enough squad if you play players in their best suited positions but a manager who has different ideas.

That's why we find ourselves relying on three other teams continuously losing 1-0. I wouldn't bet against it,but it's not really a strategy that most would adopt. But I always thought the bloke was strangely brown.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:33 pm

We have a good enough squad if you play players in their best suited positions but a manager who has different ideas.

That's why we find ourselves relying on three other teams continuously losing 1-0. I wouldn't bet against it,but it's not really a strategy that most would adopt. But I always thought the bloke was strangely brown.
I may be in the minority but I see his best position as being in midfield. Far more able to influence the play from there as a defender has to be reactive most of the time, whereas in midfield there are often opportunities to be pro active, which he has shown himself to be very capable of being.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Christ , Noble plays every game when Rice plays in midfield. Can you imagine our midfield without Rice ?

Jesus the opposition walk through our midfield at the best of times .... just relying on Noble is plain suicidal .

No , whilst we have Oggy & Diop , Rice HAS to play in midfield just so we can remain remotely competitive.
Bring back Jonathon !

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Makes sense for Chelsea and Declan. Lampard has shown more faith in the youngsters than any other in the league this season and while Declan is no longer an inexperienced player, he will go knowing the manager is prepared to make him a key player.

If he doesn’t go to Chelsea this summer, it may be too late if Frank gets someone else (Holgate) and goes on to have a strong season.

7 games left with Declan as a Hammer.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Without him in our Midfield,we`d get totally out run tbh..What we could do with 4 Declan Rice's.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I don't think this is exclusive. We knew last year of the links of Rice to Chelsea (also where his best mate plays).

Also, 70million? They always say they want more than what they actually get. We get ripped off when buying and we get ripped off when selling. He'll go for 35-40 and we'll buy 12 new players coz that's what we do. But then we'll sell 12 more and that's an extra 35-40 mil in the Dave's pockets. Now there's your exclusive. The 12 sold and bought will be if/when we're relegated.
COYI!!!

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, we all knew it would happen, it`s all about getting the correct price.
Chelsea, as much as I hate them they are the perfect team for him, Lampard I believe is building a young talented team and himself into a knowledgable ambitious confident manager, Declan can only improve under him as he did by leaving us.

Which only leaves the price, Poo paid about £75m for Van Dijk, now I`m certainly not saying they are in the same class at the mo, but Declan has 7 years on him, Declan isn`t just a center half but a holding midfielder so far more versatile NOW and don`t forget an established England international with leadership potential as we may well find out Wednesday.

So that being said I personally wouldn`t entertain anything less than £75m, obviously, I would love him to stay and build a team around him but that`s just a pipe dream, as an Englishman I wish him well.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Reckon we will get around the £55M mark
Couldn’t give a fuck where he goes tbh
as long as it’s not the N17 fucking vermin.

Wish him well though.