Noble 500

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Noble 500

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:21 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:50 pm Great achievement in today's mercenary world of the pro footballer, no doubt about that. But for me personally he went down in my estimation at the Burnley match. Tensions were high that day, but in my book he should have acted like Ginge did and not like an all black.
Can’t agree mate. So he took out some silly cunt who shouldn’t have been on the pitch in the first place. Should have giving the cunt a couple of right handers as well imo. One of the reasons I can’t take that Colborne character seriously either tbh.

Fair enough my good man, we'll agree to disagree on this one.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Irrespective of peoples views on him as a player now, its a shame his 500th wasnt in front of a live crowd...

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Any misgiving s about his actions in the Burnley game should be measured against his actions when carrying the time wasting Herrera from the pitch.

Forget all the loyalty accolades...He really is a very good player.

Still dribbling near the opponents corner flag in the last minutes of Fridays important game to show his ability to last the 90 minutes and just because I may be accused of being biased I won't mention the wonderful ball to Rice to allow him that tap in......

hd1

Post by hd1 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:54 am Been a fabulous servant to this club.Every West Ham fan will appreciate that.Would like to see him get a job on the coaching side,maybe with the Youth team.He deserves that.
He himself has said hes not even thought about coaching yet

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

So the West Ham Captain... On Sir Bobby Moores Tribute Day...after having spent time with Sir Bobs Family....
Wanting and trying to create a Special day for them....Finds after going 1-0 down some "Bloke"...could be anyone,could
have been a fuckin Burnley fan...run on to the pitch...maybe sparking a pitch invasion...ruining Bobs day,and takes him down...
Me...would have done EXACTLY the same thing...and been proud of it ..................in fact more likely to be a Burnley fan
celebrating maybe....from Marks point of view..
Ginge and others were chucking a few fucks at him as well....
Then becomes obvious it's a West Ham thing...Players realise it's our own fans protesting..and take a different approach...
Mark included.....
Indeed Letting a guy with a Bloody Corner Flag run on...because they know the significance of that...as any Irons fan should..

Anyway you think thats bad....I Personally saw Well Known Hard Core Irons Fans want to punch the fuck out of their own....
Because they still wanted to March against Sugo....and they DIDNT....
Now That is Shit.....Broke my fuckin heart...used the Bobby thing to try and calm a few down....

There's not a football teams Captain that doesn't back his Manager and present owners...goes with job...it's called
supporting your club.....whats he spose to to do and say....Moyes is a Scots Dickhead and as for the fucking shysters and
the old tart...don't get me started...seriously WTF do you want him to do and say....
Last Game...........we've just had maybe our best season...only one other gets near it...we're moving into an Olympic Stadium..
He wants to big the club up...be Positive...the owners are here....end of.....why not say good shit...

Seriously Does anyone Honestly think Mark doesn't love and care about this Club as much as any of us....
He's the Captain of West Ham and been a Brilliant one at a distinctly average club...

I feel sorry for the guys that dislike him.........

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Noble is a West Ham through and through, just like Billy Bonds.....Well done and despite some criticism on some of his performance, he never gave up and a great captain that keep West Ham going.

I do hope he will be our training coach/Assistant Manager.

Will there be another West Ham players to reach 500 games for West Ham? 5%chance of that unless he is a West Ham through and through and don't want to leave the club, just like Noble and Brooking.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

palerider

Post by palerider »

hamstew wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:45 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:12 am There'll be an outpouring of relief now although should Bournemouth win today and both Villa and Watford do the same on Tuesday, followed by Manure sticking 6 past us with no reply an Wednesday it will be behind the sofa time again, and Noble's efforts will be on the back burner.

He had a good game on Friday night. And in a world where loyalty means getting a dog it's a worthy achievment.

Name something after him, and I'm not saying he shouldn't be part of next season's squad but to actually improve he should not be a starter every game and I think he realises that himself.

There'll be an outpouring of relief now although should Bournemouth win today and both Villa and Watford do the same on Tuesday, followed by Manure sticking 6 past us with no reply an Wednesday it will be behind the sofa time again, and Noble's efforts will be on the back burner.

No chance mate, not with Bournemouth anyway.
I can't believe how bad Bournemouth were considering their position. Although some of their fans will be looking at lots of permutations that will save them, they're toast.

Watford sacking Pearson is unbelievable. And gives Villa a chance. Arsenal is winnable for them as they're now concentrating on the cup final but goals have been a big problem and I can see the possibility that IF Watford beat City, who themselves have made the Champions League the only games they need to turn up for, Villa will go into the final game at the ILS needing to beat us by 4, 5 or 6 to do the unthinkable.

The scenario that we finish above Villa and the drop by goal difference and despite the fact that we had, for a decent part of the season, a performing seal in goal for us, is somewhat ironic.

garnett

Post by garnett »

I for one would like to congratulate and thank Mark for his service to WHUFC.

We may never see another one of our own emulate his achievement. whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:22 am
hamstew wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:45 pm

There'll be an outpouring of relief now although should Bournemouth win today and both Villa and Watford do the same on Tuesday, followed by Manure sticking 6 past us with no reply an Wednesday it will be behind the sofa time again, and Noble's efforts will be on the back burner.

No chance mate, not with Bournemouth anyway.
I can't believe how bad Bournemouth were considering their position. Although some of their fans will be looking at lots of permutations that will save them, they're toast.

Watford sacking Pearson is unbelievable. And gives Villa a chance. Arsenal is winnable for them as they're now concentrating on the cup final but goals have been a big problem and I can see the possibility that IF Watford beat City, who themselves have made the Champions League the only games they need to turn up for, Villa will go into the final game at the ILS needing to beat us by 4, 5 or 6 to do the unthinkable.

The scenario that we finish above Villa and the drop by goal difference and despite the fact that we had, for a decent part of the season, a performing seal in goal for us, is somewhat ironic.
I think there is a danger of complacency in blaming our season totally on the Roberto period. He played 6 and a bit games and as far as I can remember it was only the Burnley and Newcastle games in which he influenced the result. We have to be honest and accept the fact we are where we are because we haven't been very good. And I would suggest that unless we bring in a couple of fit for purpose wing/full backs for next season we will have the same problems next season.

I don't envisage a mammoth transfer kitty being bestowed upon the Messiah (praised be his name) which is probably why he is supposed to be bargain basement shopping, apparently amongst others looking at one Antonee (who the fuck spells Anthony that way btw) Robertson from Wigan who, I am given to understand was good enough to attract the attention of A C Milan at one stage. However, and it wouldn't be West Ham without a medical bulletin would it, the potential move collapsed when a medical revealed he has an underlying heart condition.

Nonetheless if we do address those glaring weaknesses and don't lose too many of the fringe players we should have a squad decent enough for mid table security.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:33 am
palerider wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:22 am

I think there is a danger of complacency in blaming our season totally on the Roberto period. He played 6 and a bit games and as far as I can remember it was only the Burnley and Newcastle games in which he influenced the result. We have to be honest and accept the fact we are where we are because we haven't been very good. And I would suggest that unless we bring in a couple of fit for purpose wing/full backs for next season we will have the same problems next season.

I don't envisage a mammoth transfer kitty being bestowed upon the Messiah (praised be his name) which is probably why he is supposed to be bargain basement shopping, apparently amongst others looking at one Antonee (who the fuck spells Anthony that way btw) Robertson from Wigan who, I am given to understand was good enough to attract the attention of A C Milan at one stage. However, and it wouldn't be West Ham without a medical bulletin would it, the potential move collapsed when a medical revealed he has an underlying heart condition.

Nonetheless if we do address those glaring weaknesses and don't lose too many of the fringe players we should have a squad decent enough for mid table security.
I've mentioned this before.

It's not the inadequacies of Roberto themselves which were the problem. Fabianski had had such a good season last up that our defence relied upon him. He'd made the most saves in the whole league. Yes that's his job but also something that hinted that Mr Dead wasn't as fucking great as a lot were saying.

So when Fabs hurt his fetlock, said defence weren't as confident. I actually went to the Palace game, the match after the injury. And although the performing seal wasn't at fault for either goal, our back four were all over the shop. Even though Palarse hardly ventured into our half. They'd got used to Fabs and his way of doing things. Fabs hasn't been as good since he returned imo. And some damage was long-lasting. Look at Burnley. A great defensive (yawn) team, but when Pope and Heaton were crocked last season, Joe Hart had them playing as though they were in the funny farm.

Of course our back four aren't as good as the likes of Virgil Van Dijk. That's why they play for West Ham. But not having a back-up keeper with the ability of dealing properly with a back pass suggested gross negligence by the tit-wigglers and also Audrey for allowing such a thing.