Gonzo & the Messiah

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Gonzo & the Messiah

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:46 am
palerider wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:26 am I was going to IKEA today. But I went yesterday as I fancied some meatballs. So twiddling my thumbs I watched the cringe-worthy offering our Fuhrer offered in praise of the tartan Tony Pulis.

Well, I'm warming to the bloke. A bit.

But Pep he ain't.

And he won't be so loved-up when he turns up at his front door in full hunting tartan, bottle of Auld McChenicchies single malt in a brown paper bag clutched tightly in his fist and singing 'Ye tek the high road an' I'll tek the low road an' I'll be in Burnley afore ye' in full voice at 2 in the morning.

So there.
Public opinion seems to be changing on the back of a couple of victories against 2 Championship standard teams and a dreadful Chelsea defence.
3rd in the table and in the cup final Chelsea that we did the double over you mean ?

Its amazing how all these teams are shit when we play them. One day we may beat someone good maybe but it seems that ony a team in the top two are of premier league standard.

Someone once said you can only beat what is put in front of you.....wonder why ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:55 am

Public opinion seems to be changing on the back of a couple of victories against 2 Championship standard teams and a dreadful Chelsea defence.
3rd in the table and in the cup final Chelsea that we did the double over you mean ?
Frankly yes.

Two Swallows and all that .
Bring back Jonathon !

Post by 9898 »

Its amazing how all these teams are shit when we play them. One day we may beat someone good maybe but it seems that ony a team in the top two are of premier league standard.

Someone once said you can only beat what is put in front of you.....wonder why ?

We will only be safe from relegation with 1 GAME left.
Yep, great season.
Going places.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

And let's remember we almost beat Liverpool at Anfield when they were good - or rather when all the media were declaring them as the best in the world...

Now of course, Liverpool have become a busted flush, so our battling display on that evening is obviously diminished in the eyes of those who decide what's worthy and what's now declared - as a load of old cunt...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:16 am

Yep, great season.
Going places.
I agree,it has not been great.

Since February though,you can see some shoots of improvement.We are scoring goals.

In that time,only 3 teams have scored more goals than us.That`s not a bad stat,is it?

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:24 am

And let's remember we almost beat Liverpool at Anfield when they were good - or rather when all the media were declaring them as the best in the world...

Now of course, Liverpool have become a busted flush, so our battling display on that evening is obviously diminished in the eyes of those who decide what's worthy and what's now declared - as a load of old cunt...
Watford (a team only good enough for the championship) beat them 3-0 I think also.

h69

Post by h69 »

Yep, great season.
Going places.
Yep I agree. Since the restart and with the new manager and players brought in in Jan we have definitely started playing better. Definitely going places.

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:37 am

Yep, great season.
Going places.
I agree,it has not been great.

Since February though,you can see some shoots of improvement.We are scoring goals.

In that time,only 3 teams have scored more goals than us.That`s not a bad stat,is it?

We have scored against a Chelsea team who switched off, Norwich who have Championship players who also gave up and Watford who had massive issues behind the scenes, as shown by Pearsons sacking.

Please show me progress against against teams that are PL quality and with something to play for? Spurs match? Newcastle match? Burnley match? Arsenal match? Wolves match?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

I remain unconvinced by a long way.

I imagine he will play the same XI tomorrow night, maybe changing the right back but that’s it and I fully expect Man Utd to take advantage of Mark Noble in a free role by running through the middle of the park which will lead to Noble being criticised again despite being asked to play a role he just can’t.

I’ll probably be wrong and Noble plays like Pirlo again but I do think it’s a glaring way to expose us and easily too.

He deserves next season, as he did the last time and tbh I don’t think we will get relegated under him but keeping us up this season isn’t an achievement in my eyes, he came in when we were 6 points off 10th and not in the bottom 3, he took us into the bottom 3 and are 16 points off 10th.

Staying up with this squad was an easy job made to look difficult, imo.

palerider

Post by palerider »

The next video, the one about Sullivan, was an improvement.

The tache was more pronounced and the poster of Freddie Mercury in the background was a nice touch.